Windows 10: Camera not found (Integrated laptop camera)

Discus and support Camera not found (Integrated laptop camera) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I used to have access to my laptop's integrated camera. It has been a few months since I have used the camera in Zoom, but today it does not show up. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by donnyb, Oct 5, 2020.

1. donnyb Win User

Camera not found (Integrated laptop camera)

I used to have access to my laptop's integrated camera. It has been a few months since I have used the camera in Zoom, but today it does not show up. I have Win10-32 Home (Version 1909 - OS Build 18363.1082) and assume it might have been removed somehow when Windows did an update. I have done all the things I know to do. Device Manager does not show a camera and a scan does not show any camera. I also checked all the categories in DM and there just is no camera. When I type camera in the start menu, it opens a page that says my camera cannot be found and the error code is: 0xA00F4244-no camera attached.

I went to the MSI driver website, but there are no camera drivers. Also, a motherboard and chipset update from the driver webpage did not add the camera drivers. Not sure what else I can do, but I need the camera.

:)

donnyb, Oct 5, 2020

2. Integrated Camera does not display color

Hi KBrownUNF, thank you for reaching out to us. My name is Jayson, an Independent Advisor for Microsoft Community and a user just like you. I'll be glad to assist you.

I understand that you have issue with your integrated laptop camera in greyscale. Might I suggest that you check this link, it is having a different issue with yours but the procedure to fix is just the same. I suggest you follow the steps listed.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Also if this is the first time that you are using the webcam, can you check maybe there is a sticker/plastic in front of the camera.

Let me know if this works and I'll be happy to help you to fix this.

JaysonEstimos, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Drake Z. Win User

How can I make my computer detect my integrated camera?

Not even the default windows 10 camera app can detect my laptop camera. I've looked online and they suggested checking device manager, but my camera didn't show up there either. Here's my computer hardware:
    My computer specs. I have an msi laptop, but unfortunately, I don't know what the model number is because it isn't written anywhere on the laptop.

Drake Z., Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Camera not found (Integrated laptop camera) - Similar Threads - Camera found Integrated

2. laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures: laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures. Camera app re-installed; driver re-installed; laptop re-started.I can't find a way to attach the screenshot recommended; it just shows a black screen with a 'viewfinder window', which dances around....
  3. CAMERA NOT FOUND IN MY LAPTOP!

CAMERA NOT FOUND IN MY LAPTOP!: I get an error message about my camera not being found ! I have an HP Pavillion dm4 bought in 2013 or so.It may need a driver update or something. Windows 10...
  4. Problem with camera, "Camera not found."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with camera, "Camera not found.": Apparently, whenever I try to open my camera it shows an error and said that "Camera not found". Now, it doesn't show the error message, instead my camera flash keeps blinking on and off the flash indicates whether my camera is on or not. I've tried checking the privacy...
  5. Problem with the integrated laptop camera

Problem with the integrated laptop camera: I have a problem in Windows 10 with the camera on my laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X250. The camera works properly with the Windows 10 app. However, if I try to use it in another app e.g. Google meet, Teams, Zoom, etc it doesn't work. I already verified, and I have granted...
  6. Integrated camera

Integrated camera: I am trying to use ZOOM latest version the integrated camera does not show up in my window. ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-camera/9b4cb072-a16d-43e0-82a3-9ed1bb3039dc
  7. Camera not found (Integrated laptop camera)

Camera not found (Integrated laptop camera): I used to have access to my laptop's integrated camera. It has been a few months since I have used the camera in Zoom, but today it does not show up. I have Win10-32 Home (Version 1909 - OS Build 18363.1082) and assume it might have been removed somehow when Windows did an...
  8. EVOO laptop camera not found

EVOO laptop camera not found: Camera not detected on Evoo laptop 11.6. I have 3 months with this laptop and everything works just fine except when i try to use the web cam or camera that is supposed to be installed ...it does not open, it says camera not detected. Error code...
  9. integrated camera on Lenova laptop

integrated camera on Lenova laptop: Thought my camera wasn't working on my Lenevo laptop. I tried all the suggestions and even uninstalled and reinstalled it with no luck. I still had a snowy screen. I haven't had the laptop about a week and happened to look at the top front above the screen and saw a real...
  10. Camera not found on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera not found on laptop: My camera on my laptop is not being able to be found. I am trying to use it for video chatting for distance conferencing and it is not able to be accessed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-found-on-laptop/9a38069b-338f-41d2-b009-eaf327e5a53d