Windows 10: camera not found message

Discus and support camera not found message in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I do not have a camera attached to Dell 5050 running Windows 10 Pro and I don't plan use one. The camera app shows all options to be off. But I still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DarrellWayne69, Oct 3, 2019.

1. camera not found message

I do not have a camera attached to Dell 5050 running Windows 10 Pro and I don't plan use one. The camera app shows all options to be off. But I still get an error message that says "Can't find camera". How can I set the computer to never show this message again since I don't want to use a camera? Thanks for your help.

:)

DarrellWayne69, Oct 3, 2019
  2. KatrineCY Win User

download Windows camera app

Success in resetting Store; that produced a download of the Windows camera, despite seeing error message again, download proceeded. Screen shows MS app for Windows camera and indicates downloaded. (Camera now listed in app list.) But when Launch was selected,
    no action after screen with camera icon. Eventually message appeared " something went wrong: here is message code if needed: 0x400F4271>MediaCaptureFailedEvent>0xC00D3704. We seem to be moving ahead a step at a time. Next suggestion?

KatrineCY, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Laptop Camera

Thanks for providing the results after completing the steps we provided. Since you're still getting the error message “Your camera cannot be found” along with the error code "0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED)", we suggest that you follow the steps below
    to reset the Camera app on your Windows 10 computer:

• Press the Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
    • From the options presented select System, then click on
      Apps & features
      located on the left pane.
    • Locate the Camera app from the list and select it.
    • Select the Advanced options link and then choose Reset.
    • When the pop-up notification is shown just click on the Reset
      button once more.
    • Once all the steps are complete, kindly reboot your computer.

Completing this steps will clear the cache of the Camera app and allow it to re-recognize any video capture devices connected to your computer.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Oct 3, 2019
  4. camera not found message

Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

camera not found message

1. camera not found message - Similar Threads - camera found message

2. Camera not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera not found: "Hello, I need help with my HP Elitebook 8460p PC running on Microsoft Windows 8. I tried to join a Google Meet video call but the camera did not work. An error message appeared saying "No camera could be found. Please make sure that your camera is connected to the computer"....
  3. Camera not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera not found: "Hello, I need help with my HP Elitebook 8460p PC running on Microsoft Windows 8. I tried to join a Google Meet video call but the camera did not work. An error message appeared saying "No camera could be found. Please make sure that your camera is connected to the computer"....
  4. camera not found

camera not found: No camera found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-found/2dfb3e3b-c770-4d10-b0d3-f5e127169cd0
  5. camera not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera not found: No camera found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-found/2dfb3e3b-c770-4d10-b0d3-f5e127169cd0
  6. Camera Not Found

Camera Not Found: I have had a lot of trouble with school assignments because whenever, and wherever, I attempt to reach my camera to record, I am told the camera is not available or active. My PC keeps stating that there is no camera connected, but my PC has a built-in camera that has worked...
  7. Camera not found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera not found: My camera does not show in my device manager. How do I find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-found/7ef88bc7-4c68-41e9-8356-dc26312d9258
  8. Camera not found

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Camera not found: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5568, have had it for years. For the past several months, when there's a Windows update, it deletes the camera from Device Manager. This time I haven't been able to reinstall it. When I try, I get a message that says it's installed - but it isn't....
  9. Camera Not found

Camera Not found: Why can't Windows find my camera? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-found/8117ab2e-5d78-45d1-a5ce-c0bd703137ae
  10. Camera not found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera not found: I accidentally clicked on "Block" when a pop-up showed up on Skype saying something about the camera being used by an unknown program so I should block it for security reasons. Now, I get this message (check the image) whenever I open the camera app. I've already tried all...