Windows 10: Camera not operating

Discus and support Camera not operating in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I used my camera yesterday and today for Zoom and Microsoft Classroom meetings and it worked fine. Tonight I signed into a Zoom meeting and the camera... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David Math, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Camera not operating

I used my camera yesterday and today for Zoom and Microsoft Classroom meetings and it worked fine. Tonight I signed into a Zoom meeting and the camera would not work WHEN IT WAS TURNED ON! When I turned it off, the familiar icon appeared of the camera with a red line through it and my Initial appeared on the screen. When I turned it on, nothing! The camera lens is open, the light comes on when the camera is activated, but neither Zoom or Microsoft classroom recognize my camera. What is going on?

:)

David Math, Jan 13, 2021
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jan 13, 2021
  4. jekiboi20 Win User

Camera not operating

Camera is green

Hi GeorgiaPeach,

Welcome to the forum!

You can try these steps and see if it will make any difference:

• Power cycle
    1. Turn off the phone then remove the back cover and the battery.

2. Reinsert the battery and the back cover then turn on your phone.

• Reset your camera settings
    1. Go to Settings.

2. Swipe to Application settings.

3. Choose Photos+camera.

4. Select Reset camera.

If the issue still persists, you can try to perform the steps provided on this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2749480. If the steps on the link will not work, I suggest that you
    visit the nearest Nokia repair facility for it to be repaired. See this link: http://www.nokia.com/global/support/locations/ to check the repair facility near your area.

jekiboi20, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Camera not operating

1. Camera not operating - Similar Threads - Camera operating

2. Camera operation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera operation: When I turn on my camera app I just get a black background which does not allow me to take a photograph. I am using Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-operation/741a7bd2-060d-48c3-b0ff-455f9340a2da
  3. Camera operation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera operation: When I turn on my camera app I just get a black background which does not allow me to take a photograph. I am using Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-operation/741a7bd2-060d-48c3-b0ff-455f9340a2da
  4. can't get my camera to operate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't get my camera to operate.: I did Start- Camera, says close other apps Another app has the camera I can't find it anywhere. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-my-camera-to-operate/8e6b805e-cd51-4068-9dfc-1110adde8968
  5. can't get my camera to operate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't get my camera to operate.: I did Start- Camera, says close other apps Another app has the camera I can't find it anywhere. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-my-camera-to-operate/8e6b805e-cd51-4068-9dfc-1110adde8968
  6. Integrated Camera not operational

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Integrated Camera not operational: Hello, I'm running the 64-bit Windows 10 on a Dell Latitude E6430. This laptop has an integrated webcam and microphone. This webcam and mic has never worked properly, and recently my USB webcam broke beyond repair. I don't have money for a new webcam of software. I need a...
  7. WiFi camera that can be operated with the Camera app.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi camera that can be operated with the Camera app.: Is there a camera that can do this? I am not looking for a security camera. Just a camera that does not need to be wired to my computer and does not need a security system to run it....
  8. Camera not operational in Windows 10

Camera not operational in Windows 10: I recently installed Windows 10 on my Lenovo M93p computer which has an attached Lenovo T2224zd monitor with an inclusive webcam. I am unable to access Camera in Windows settings. I get a message 'We can't find your camera and then Error Code 0xA00F4244<No camera are...
  9. my camera is not operable in MSI laptop, windows 10

my camera is not operable in MSI laptop, windows 10: i checked the method while you suggested to someone who had the same problem. the same problem still occurring when turn on camera the error message "[ATTACH]" so i need to know how to change these problem for good and i could rely on some video chatting. i used the step...
  10. Camera is not operational

Camera is not operational: The Windows store says the Camera is installed. on launching Camera App gives the error code 0X00F4244 the Camera is not installed. I can find no conflicts in device manager. Device manager does not show the camera s installed. I followed the steps posted to repair this. None...