Windows 10: Camera not recognizing during Hello Face setup

Discus and support Camera not recognizing during Hello Face setup in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to set up Hello Face for the first time on Surface 2. Camera opens but it doesn't recognize any face. I have updated the software but... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ankushsrivastava, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Camera not recognizing during Hello Face setup

Hi,

I am trying to set up Hello Face for the first time on Surface 2. Camera opens but it doesn't recognize any face. I have updated the software but still it doesn't work. I have tried restarting several time also but nothing happens. Please help.

Thanks

:)

ankushsrivastava, Sep 5, 2020
  2. BrianDWi Win User

Windows Hello Face Camera

I just got a new MSI Prestige 14 that supports windows hello (fingerprint and IR Camera). I wasn't able to setup the camera but I could setup fingerprint. When I initially setup windows (initial bootup on a new device) the computer prompted me to setup
    camera (face). It launched the configuration but the picture was very grainy, kinda like static or some may call it pixelated. That failed so I did fingerprint

After I setup windows I launched the camera app and the camera clarity is perfect. I go back into windows hello setup and its grainy again.

I checked device manager and all drivers are current. The IR camera is listed as MS driver 10.0.18362.1.

I even when into Apps (in settings) and Optional Features and Windows Hello Face was there. I uninstalled and reinstalled and that still didn't fix it. I am running win10 build 1909 so I don't know what else to do. The IR camera flashes when trying to
    register windows hello facial biometric, but I'm assuming the picture is so grainy that it wont start the registration.

Its not low light because the camera app works fine in the same lighting. I even turned on dewalt tool light to make sure there was enough illumination and still the same problem

I'm at a loss...googled out the wazoo and couldn't find an answer. All issues I saw were related to surface notebooks, but related to drivers missing or windows hello not launching or being recognized. For me, windows hello is recognized

PLEASE HELP

BrianDWi, Sep 5, 2020
  3. house055 Win User
    Windows Hello Face Setup - Will not recognize a face

Hi,

I have a new laptop with an IR camera and I'm unable to complete setup for Windows Hello Face.

The IR camera flashes normally, and the camera image is displayed. However, the setup window will not draw a box around my face regardless of ambient light or background.

Since I couldn't get it to work, I ended up skipping this during the initial Windows setup. I've now installed Windows 10 version 2004, and I get the same results.

The laptop is a MSI GS66. The factory windows build was not 2004.

Any ideas?

Thank you

house055, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Camera not recognizing during Hello Face setup

Windows hello can't recognize camera

Windows hello cannot recognize my camera so I cannot use face recognition login. I tried to connect USB camera with the same result. What’s your suggestions?

Peggy Pecora, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Camera not recognizing during Hello Face setup

1. Camera not recognizing during Hello Face setup - Similar Threads - Camera recognizing during

2. Windows hello face will not recognize any cameras

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello face will not recognize any cameras: Hi, I recently built a new PC, been doing it for 25 years or more. I did a clean Windows 10 Pro install, and everything went great and the system works fine ... Except Windows Hello Face.I have a Logitech Brio 4K UHD that supports Face, and I used it on the previous build and...
  3. Windows hello face will not recognize any cameras

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello face will not recognize any cameras: Hi, I recently built a new PC, been doing it for 25 years or more. I did a clean Windows 10 Pro install, and everything went great and the system works fine ... Except Windows Hello Face.I have a Logitech Brio 4K UHD that supports Face, and I used it on the previous build and...
  4. Windows hello face will not recognize any cameras

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Hello Not Recognizing Face

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Not Recognizing Face: I'm having a problem where Windows Hello suddenly couldn't recognize my face. Not sure what would have triggered it, I don't believe any updates where installed that would have affected it. I've tried almost every solution that I could find, including: Checking for...
  6. Windows Hello Not Recognizing Face

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hello Not Recognizing Face: I'm having a problem where Windows Hello suddenly couldn't recognize my face. Not sure what would have triggered it, I don't believe any updates where installed that would have affected it. I've tried almost every solution that I could find, including: Checking for...
  7. Windows 10 will not recognize my camera for Hello Face.

Windows 10 will not recognize my camera for Hello Face.: Windows 10 will not recognize my camera for Hello Face. It worked previously. I have done what others have suggested. No luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-will-not-recognize-my-camera-for-hello/222c4c6b-1ef7-4c2b-ba06-972bdc26722c
  8. Windows Hello Face Setup - Will not recognize a face

Windows Hello Face Setup - Will not recognize a face: Hi, I have a new laptop with an IR camera and I'm unable to complete setup for Windows Hello Face. The IR camera flashes normally, and the camera image is displayed. However, the setup window will not draw a box around my face regardless of ambient light or background....
  9. hello face and camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hello face and camera: i have a surface go with latest software. Hello face can't find a c ompatible camera - it worked k until a couple of days ago. I uninstalled camera and reinstalled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-face-and-camera/6b9f4517-960a-4553-b329-cc6c1ed04dcc
  10. Windows Hello Face Setup

Windows Hello Face Setup: Hello! I am having trouble setting up windows hello face. I tried to set it up but it says 'couldn't turn on camera" I have disabled the camera and have re enabled it and tried to update it but nothing works. I have an HP- laptop 14 dk0xxx. My computer supports windows face....