Windows 10: Camera not recording audio in Windows 10

Discus and support Camera not recording audio in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I record a video using my laptop cam and play it back there is no audio. It seems to work just fine when I am in a Zoom meeting and I have run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LaneGutz, Jun 2, 2020.

1. LaneGutz Win User

Camera not recording audio in Windows 10

When I record a video using my laptop cam and play it back there is no audio. It seems to work just fine when I am in a Zoom meeting and I have run the troubleshooters with no success. Can you help?

:)

LaneGutz, Jun 2, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Audio Recorder is not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

From what you have mentioned, I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with recording. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your recording.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Recording Audio troubleshooter

I suggest you to install all the latest audio and Display drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Camera not recording audio in Windows 10

Audio Recording

Hi rakeshmaheshwari,

Lots of good apps if you want to perform an audio recording, including OneNote. However, if it is a long speech, I'd suggest breaking it up into smaller recording segments.

Otherwise, you can search the Windows Phone store for
    Audio Recording apps

Another suggestion would be to video record it using the built-in Windows Phone camera.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Camera not recording audio in Windows 10

1. Camera not recording audio in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Camera recording audio

2. Windows 10 Camera App will not record

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Camera App will not record: Exact description on what is occurring:1. I have my web cam plugged in.2. I open up the camera app3. A video feed is showing the camera works4. I can take pictures5. However, when I hit the record button a. I hear the bleep noise, b. The video immediately stops and the feed...
  3. Windows 10 Camera App will not record

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Camera App will not record: Exact description on what is occurring:1. I have my web cam plugged in.2. I open up the camera app3. A video feed is showing the camera works4. I can take pictures5. However, when I hit the record button a. I hear the bleep noise, b. The video immediately stops and the feed...
  4. Window 10 Recording audio issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Window 10 Recording audio issue: So i have had my Asus TUF Laptop for awhile now, decided to use my headphone mic instead of the built-in one my laptop has and for some reason whenever i shout or speak loudly my microphone volume just automatically decrease on it's ownfrom 100-60, i've tried unticking "allow...
  5. Window 10 Recording audio issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 Recording audio issue: So i have had my Asus TUF Laptop for awhile now, decided to use my headphone mic instead of the built-in one my laptop has and for some reason whenever i shout or speak loudly my microphone volume just automatically decrease on it's ownfrom 100-60, i've tried unticking "allow...
  6. Window 10 Recording audio issue

7. Camera app and Zoom won't record audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera app and Zoom won't record audio: I can't get the Camera App or Zoom to record my audio. When I test the audio on Zoom, I can see that the device is picking up the sound, but for some reason, I cannot get it to record. I tried the troubleshooting advice I found here. All the drivers are current, and all the...
  8. Windows 10 camera does not record audio

Windows 10 camera does not record audio: I had the problem where the Windows 10 camera app was only recording 1 second. I "fixed" it running the powershell commands in this thread:...
  9. Windows 10 Camera app records video with MONO audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Camera app records video with MONO audio: [ATTACH] Info about my system: Computer: 10 year old Dell Inspiron 1564 Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 2004 OS build: 19041.388 Camera app version: 2020.504.40.0 Earlier this day, I was recording a clip of my 1983 Sanyo boombox playing a cassette tape, with...
  10. Cant record audio in windows 10

Cant record audio in windows 10: i cant record audio and i tried troubleshooting but it wasnt successful. videos play normally. even using headphones no results. what can i do??[ATTACH][ATTACH]...