Windows 10: Camera not recording video

Discus and support Camera not recording video in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, The problem is the Camera app in my laptop is not recording video. When I click on the video icon it seems like it starts to record but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IronBreed76, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Camera not recording video

Hi,

The problem is the Camera app in my laptop is not recording video. When I click on the video icon it seems like it starts to record but instantly stops and no video is recorded. I can take pictures just fine.

Thanks in advance!

:)

IronBreed76, Apr 9, 2019
  2. Joan Pin Win User

How to open camera and start camera recording in windows 10 using commands

Hi Kire,

The Camera app in Windows 10 helps you to take pictures, record videos, or stream video while video chatting. To open the Camera, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and choose Run.
    • Enter this command in the Run dialog box: microsoft.windows.camera:.
    • Click OK.

Automatic recording is unavailable in the Camera app. To record videos, you first have to switch to
    Video mode. Tap the Video button from the right side of the app’s window.

If you have other questions, feel free to reach out to us.

Joan Pin, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Windows Phone Camera App: Recording Video with headset microphone instead of internal mic

Hello,

The phone only uses the built-in mic when recording videos on the Camera app. If you want to use an external mic when recording videos, it is best that you send this suggestion through Feedback Hub so our developers can work on it. To send a feedback on
    your phone, you can follow the steps below:

• Go to All apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the Menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then tap the Add button
      (+) at the top right side.
    • Select Suggestion and provide the details needed in the box.
    • Select the right category and then submit.

Let us know if you have any concerns.

Michael Rey, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Camera not recording video

My camera will not record video.

Hi Laura,

• Have you checked to ensure there is disk space available in the drive?
    • Do you receive any error when it stops recording?
    Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Camera.

• Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

• Click on Troubleshooting in the search results.

• Click on Hardware and Sound and select
      Hardware and Devices and click on Next to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: You may open store app and check if there are any updates available for camera app. If available, you may install it and check.

You may please access the camera roll folder as mentioned in the "See the photos and videos you've taken with the Camera app" section of the below article to play the videos using Windows media player.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/camera-app-faq

File types supported by Windows Media Player:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/316992

Method 3: I would recommend you to run app troubleshooter and check if it helps. Follow the below link to run app troubleshooter.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 4: This issue usually occur due to the driver is out dated. Let’s try the simple steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue. I would suggest you to uninstall/re-install the display driver from Device Manager
    manually and check if this helps. Follow the below steps:

Step 1: To uninstall/re-install the display driver.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Click and expand “Display Adapter”.

• Right click on the device and select
      uninstall.

• Once you done uninstalling the driver, it should automatically install the generic driver.
    If the issue still persist, update the display driver and check.

Step 2: To update the display driver.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Click and expand “Display Adapter”.

• Right click on the device and select
      update the software.

• Once update is done, restart the computer.
    Step 3: If the issue still persist, I recommend you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated display driver for Windows 10 and install the same. If the available driver is not for Windows
    10 try installing the driver in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Niranjan Manjhi, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

Camera not recording video

1. Camera not recording video - Similar Threads - Camera recording video

2. Microsoft Camera Not Recording Video Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Camera Not Recording Video Windows 10: So, F'ing tired of Microsoft products that work one day and not the other. Yes I have tried all of the proposed fixes and NONE of them work.The camera is not recording video. When the video record button is pressed it blinks, then stops recording and creates a file that can't...
  3. Microsoft Camera Not Recording Video Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Camera Not Recording Video Windows 10: So, F'ing tired of Microsoft products that work one day and not the other. Yes I have tried all of the proposed fixes and NONE of them work.The camera is not recording video. When the video record button is pressed it blinks, then stops recording and creates a file that can't...
  4. I just recorded a video with Camera; where is my video?

I just recorded a video with Camera; where is my video?: I just recorded a video with Camera; where is my video? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-recorded-a-video-with-camera-where-is-my/9944ffdd-3be8-47f8-a98e-9af0a3c3af66
  5. Camera only records one second long video

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Camera only records one second long video: I'm using the default camera and I recorded a 10 minute long video and when I hit stop recording the video was only one second long. When I stopped recording the timer was at 10 minutes I don't care about my video but is there anyway to fix this? submitted by /u/DJN220088...
  6. Camera App Doesn't Record Video

Camera App Doesn't Record Video: After getting my webcam I decided I would try and record some videos and test out the quality. I can open the camera app just fine and takes pictures fine, but when I go to try and take a video it stops within a second and gives me a pop-up box containing the text; "Start a...
  7. Video recording

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video recording: I cannot record a video with my camera app for windows 10. The camera takes pics but when I click the record button it doesnt record. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-recording/65ea25c0-a3a3-40c7-be8a-9b9900de23ee
  8. Camera video recording problem

Camera video recording problem: I want to record videos but camera app doesn't allow to record more than 1 second. It was working properly 3 weeks before. I think it is broken after system update. Can you help me urgently? Thanks... I bought my laptop just 1,5 months before. Acer Swift 5 Windows 10...
  9. Unable to record video in Camera app

Unable to record video in Camera app: I am unable to record video in my camera app.I don't know why?But i can take a snap in it. ***Original Title: Camera app issue*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-record-video-in-camera-app/56be50bb-4082-4d78-a6de-3055e7db00ad
  10. Laptop Camera Takes Pictures but doesn't Record Video

Laptop Camera Takes Pictures but doesn't Record Video: I can take photos using my laptop camera but when I try to record video it briefly flickers to the red record button but goes back to the original icon. I checked the video save location (C: Drive, plenty of space) and ran windows troubleshooter for hardware and video...