Windows 10: camera not taking photo.

Discus and support camera not taking photo. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My camera is not taking photos. Not sure why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rhonda KA, Feb 20, 2023.

1. rhonda KA Win User

camera not taking photo.

My camera is not taking photos. Not sure why

:)

rhonda KA, Feb 20, 2023

2. When I take a photo of myself with my laptop camera, what directory is it placed in?

By default, your pictures should appear in your Pictures\Camera Roll folder. If they aren't there, follow these steps to figure out where they are being saved:

1. Take a picture with the camera app.
    2. Click the thumbnail of the picture you just took at the bottom right of the app.
    3. When the photo viewer opens, click the three dots (...) at the top right and select "File Info".

A panel will then appear and it will tell you the directory where your picture is located.

If you created your account picture by going to your account settings and then selecting "create your picture -> camera", then the picture will not have been stored in your camera roll. It will be located in %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures as mentioned by @kicken.

Alex Myers, Feb 20, 2023
  3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Feb 20, 2023
  4. rhonda KA Win User

camera not taking photo.

camera not taking photo.

My camera is not taking photos. Not sure why

rhonda KA, Feb 20, 2023
Thema:

camera not taking photo.

1. camera not taking photo. - Similar Threads - camera taking photo

2. Why can my camera app take photos but not videos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can my camera app take photos but not videos?: The camera app takes a while to load in and when it does, I can take a photo but not a video. I'll press record then wait about 10 seconds until the error code "0XA00F4249" appears. I just got my laptop wiped from a previous school account where I had no problems using the...
  3. Why can my camera app take photos but not videos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can my camera app take photos but not videos?: The camera app takes a while to load in and when it does, I can take a photo but not a video. I'll press record then wait about 10 seconds until the error code "0XA00F4249" appears. I just got my laptop wiped from a previous school account where I had no problems using the...
  4. Windows camera app not working properlly camera doesen't show feedback before taking the photo.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows camera app not working properlly camera doesen't show feedback before taking the photo.: Windows camera app not working properlly camera doesen't show feedback before taking the photo.Still working properly on messager and other chat apps so the camera works the app doesen't....
  5. Windows camera app not working properlly camera doesen't show feedback before taking the photo.

Windows camera app not working properlly camera doesen't show feedback before taking the photo.: Windows camera app not working properlly camera doesen't show feedback before taking the photo.Still working properly on messager and other chat apps so the camera works the app doesen't....
  6. camera not taking photo.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera not taking photo.: My camera is not taking photos. Not sure why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-taking-photo/4182b13e-5223-4b94-ac29-2b69e7af6387
  7. My camera app can take photos, but when I take video it goes dark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My camera app can take photos, but when I take video it goes dark: When I go into the preinstalled camera app it can take pictures, when I go to take a video as soon as I press take a video the image goes blank, stays like that for a few seconds, stops recording, and then it shows my face again, when I click on camera roll it says...
  8. My camera app can take photos, but when I take video it goes dark

My camera app can take photos, but when I take video it goes dark: When I go into the preinstalled camera app it can take pictures, when I go to take a video as soon as I press take a video the image goes blank, stays like that for a few seconds, stops recording, and then it shows my face again, when I click on camera roll it says...
  9. camera wont take photos or videos just flashes on and off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    camera wont take photos or videos just flashes on and off: hi does anyone know how i can get my camera to stop taking screenshoot photos. it wont load to take a photo or video and tells me that "we werent able to save your video" then "we cant find your camera " i wanna pull my hair out...
  10. Camera Not taking picture.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera Not taking picture.: Hi, I am not able to use Camera in my Laptop. If I open Camera App, front camera is recognized light started glowing, I could Front camera facing message on screen but when I click take photo button , some click sound is coming and it is NOT capturing photo. I have...