Windows 10: Camera Not taking picture.

Discus and support Camera Not taking picture. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am not able to use Camera in my Laptop. If I open Camera App, front camera is recognized light started glowing, I could Front camera facing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by suneelkumarNalluri, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Camera Not taking picture.

Hi,

I am not able to use Camera in my Laptop.

If I open Camera App, front camera is recognized light started glowing, I could Front camera facing message on screen but when I click take photo button , some click sound is coming and it is NOT capturing photo.

I have tried below but nothing helped,

1. Uninstall and Install Camera using device Manager

2. Driver is up to date.

I am not sure when this issue is started occurring.

Device status in properties of Integrated webcam is showing "This device is working properly."

Roll back driver option is disabled in properties.

Please Provide your inputs to solve this problem.

Below is my system Information:

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 7/27/2020, 14:55:22

Machine name: CHARANTEJ

Machine Id: {66E85B07-640A-42A9-A476-D470340A2D45}

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 10.0, Build 19041 19041.vb_release.191206-1406

Language: English Regional Setting: English

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: Inspiron 5537

BIOS: A04 type: UEFI

Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz 4 CPUs, ~2.3GHz

Memory: 6144MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 5860MB RAM

Page File: 6839MB used, 1964MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: 96 DPI 100 percent

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI 100 percent

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

Miracast: Available, with HDCP

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported

DirectX Database Version: 1.0.8

DxDiag Version: 10.00.19041.0084 64bit Unicode

------------

DxDiag Notes

------------

Display Tab 1: No problems found.

Display Tab 2: No problems found.

Sound Tab 1: No problems found.

Input Tab: No problems found.

Video Capture Devices

Number of Devices: 1

---------------------

FriendlyName: Integrated Webcam

Category: Camera

SymbolicLink: \\?\usb#vid_1bcf&pid_28a2&mi_00#7&1a20b399&0&0000#{e5323777-f976-4f5b-9b55-b94699c46e44}\global

Rotation: 0

Manufacturer: Microsoft

HardwareID: USB\VID_1BCF&PID_28A2&REV_3325&MI_00,USB\VID_1BCF&PID_28A2&MI_00

DriverDesc: USB Video Device

DriverProvider: Microsoft

DriverVersion: 10.0.19041.1

DriverDateEnglish: 6/21/2006 00:00:00

DriverDateLocalized: 21-06-2006 00:00:00

Service: usbvideo

Class: Camera

DevNodeStatus: 180200A[DN_DRIVER_LOADEDDN_STARTEDDN_DISABLEABLEDN_NT_ENUMERATORDN_NT_DRIVER]

ContainerId: {00000000-0000-0000-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF}

ProblemCode: No Problem

BusReportedDeviceDesc: Integrated Webcam

Parent: USB\VID_1BCF&PID_28A2\6&2f43bf89&0&8

DriverProblemDesc: n/a

UpperFilters: n/a

LowerFilters: WdmCompanionFilter

Stack: \Driver\ksthunk,\Driver\usbvideo,\Driver\ACPI,\Driver\usbccgp

ContainerCategory: n/a

SensorGroupID: n/a

MFT0: n/a

DMFT: n/a

CustomCaptureSource: n/a

DependentStillCapture: n/a

EnablePlatformDMFT: n/a

DMFTChain: n/a

EnableDshowRedirection: n/a

FrameServerEnabled: n/a

AnalogProviders: n/a

ProfileIDs: n/a

Regards,

Suneel kumar N

:)

suneelkumarNalluri, Jul 27, 2020

2. When I take a photo of myself with my laptop camera, what directory is it placed in?

By default, your pictures should appear in your Pictures\Camera Roll folder. If they aren't there, follow these steps to figure out where they are being saved:

1. Take a picture with the camera app.
    2. Click the thumbnail of the picture you just took at the bottom right of the app.
    3. When the photo viewer opens, click the three dots (...) at the top right and select "File Info".

A panel will then appear and it will tell you the directory where your picture is located.

If you created your account picture by going to your account settings and then selecting "create your picture -> camera", then the picture will not have been stored in your camera roll. It will be located in %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures as mentioned by @kicken.

Alex Myers, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Camera Not taking picture.

MSI, windows 10 camera can not be found to take pictures

Hello,

Let's check what's causing you this concern when trying to use your camera. To better assist you, please provide the following information:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you tried the suggested action provided from previous posts on this thread?
    • Can you able to access camera if you are using Skype?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Ariel Acu, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Camera Not taking picture.

1. Camera Not taking picture. - Similar Threads - Camera taking picture

2. laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures: laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures. Camera app re-installed; driver re-installed; laptop re-started.I can't find a way to attach the screenshot recommended; it just shows a black screen with a 'viewfinder window', which dances around....
  3. laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures: laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures. Camera app re-installed; driver re-installed; laptop re-started.I can't find a way to attach the screenshot recommended; it just shows a black screen with a 'viewfinder window', which dances around....
  4. laptop integrated camera monitor not working but camera takes pictures

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. camera does not take picture or video

camera does not take picture or video: The camera is not working, only seeing a black screen when app is open... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-does-not-take-picture-or-video/25bbff3a-5cd1-46d3-be82-8eba8d63dec2
  6. camera does not take picture or video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera does not take picture or video: The camera is not working, only seeing a black screen when app is open... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-does-not-take-picture-or-video/25bbff3a-5cd1-46d3-be82-8eba8d63dec2
  7. Camera App not working, unable to take picture.

Camera App not working, unable to take picture.: Unable to take a photo on My Surface Pro 7, I can take a video but not a photo. It comes up with this error code: "0xA00F4292<PhotoCaptureStartTimeout> [ATTACH]...
  8. Built in camera takes grainy pictures

Built in camera takes grainy pictures: My built in camera on my laptop takes grainy pictures, windows 10. How can this be fixed. Below is the specs of my laptop. TY Toshiba Satellite L55-C5272 Operating Systems Windows 10 hard drive capacity- 1 TB processor speed- 2.2 GHz processor brand- Intel processor type-...
  9. Built In Camera Takes pictures but no video

Built In Camera Takes pictures but no video: My built-in webcam/camera was working fine last week when I used it last. When I went to use it today, it would take pictures but not video which is what I need. Some solutions had to do with finding the camera on the control panel and device manager, but I couldn't find it...
  10. camera app that supports taking picture at fixed resolution

camera app that supports taking picture at fixed resolution: I am looking for a camera app that allows me to set the maximum resolution of the pictures being taken. The stock windows 10 camera app always takes a picture at the maximum resolution of the camera (3264x1836) so the resulting files are large. I have to take the pictures and...