Windows 10: Camera not working after update

Discus and support Camera not working after update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After the latest windows update my laptop camera does not work. It is not even listed in Device Manager. A few updates ago my battery stop working as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlexanderSmit, May 18, 2020.

1. Camera not working after update

After the latest windows update my laptop camera does not work. It is not even listed in Device Manager. A few updates ago my battery stop working as well. With this last update I cannot even start me laptop with the battery inserted into the laptop. I have to take the battery out of the laptop and only then will it start. Any help out there?

:)

AlexanderSmit, May 18, 2020

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, May 18, 2020
  3. I purchased a Lenovo Yoga3 and camera doesn't work

Hi Jane,

To assist you better, answer the below questions

• What is the exact error/message you get?
    • Which app are you using to access the camera?
    I suggest try you below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the hardware device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the Camera driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.
    • Select the Camera driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Camera driver and click on Update driver Software.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you

Ashwin V S, May 18, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Camera not working after update

Camera not working

Hi Khem,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible cause why your camera is not working properly. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, could you provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you tried updating your webcam driver?
    • What is the make and model of you tablet?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in these articles on how to troubleshoot your camera:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Camera not working after update

1. Camera not working after update - Similar Threads - Camera working update

2. Security camera not working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security camera not working after update: After recent windows update, I can not access my security camera application anymore. App network times out but all other apps I see are working fine & I am connected to the network fine as far as I can tell. Software company says it's my computer from the update. What do I...
  3. Camera not working After update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera not working After update: I've updated my PC. After doing, camera app is not working. I used Skype video call feature last on 5th Aug. Since then it stopped working. Error code is mentioned below. Please someone help me. [ATTACH]...
  4. Camera Not Working After Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera Not Working After Update: Hi, Does anyone of you experience this kind of issue in your laptop's camera? The light indicator beside is lit when I open my camera bu on my screen it is just displaying that. Hope that someone could help me here. Thank you! [ATTACH]...
  5. Laptop camera not working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop camera not working after Windows update: Integrated camera not working properly after Windows Update. Already checked drivers and updates, and uninstalling and reinstalling. Any help?...
  6. Camera is not working after Windows update

Camera is not working after Windows update: Hey, after a windows update my laptop camera doesnt work in browser and the camera app but still works in apps like zoom or skype. The Settings for the camera do accept everything not cortana ;. In the camera app it says that i need the Media Feature Pack for N- and KN-...
  7. camera doesn't work after update

camera doesn't work after update: Hi, Since I installed the windowsupdate version 1909, my camera isn't working properly. It's giving an error but constantly switching from giving errors to working to giving errors. Error is also changing constantly from 0xA00F4289<ActiveCameraUnplugged> to...
  8. Built in Camera not working after update

Built in Camera not working after update: I'm using a 2 month old Dell XPS 13 laptop and following the latest updates, the built in camera is no longer working. I normally use Skype and in the Skype Settings, in Video its showing No Device Found. Dell don't see it as their issue as its a Microsoft Update that's...
  9. Built in Camera not working after update

Built in Camera not working after update: I'm using a 2 month old Dell XPS 13 laptop and following the latest updates, the built in camera is no longer working. I normally use Skype and in the Skype Settings, in Video its showing No Device Found. Dell don't see it as their issue as its a Microsoft Update that's...
  10. after windows 10 update camera not working

after windows 10 update camera not working: Message from Windows 10-Can' turn camera on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/after-windows-10-update-camera-not-working/40b58568-ff7c-439b-8b4b-19ed9ec9a22e