Windows 10: Camera not working anymore

Discus and support Camera not working anymore in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an HP EliteBook 840 G5 When I first got the laptop the camera was working fine, but I think a Windows update has messed up something. I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Elvio Soza, May 14, 2019.

1. Camera not working anymore

I have an HP EliteBook 840 G5

When I first got the laptop the camera was working fine, but I think a Windows update has messed up something. I get this error whenever I try to use it. I know my camera isn't damaged or anything and I've tried uninstalling the drivers then installing again, but since I did that the camera's are no longer showing even when I show 'hidden devices' in the device manager. Is there anything else I can do to try to fix this? I've tried looking online and none of the solutions I've found have helped. I even tried to re-install windows but it still didn't get fixed. Camera not working anymore f7554a48-c621-4d58-94be-07e12bc62bfa?upload=true.png Camera not working anymore a7bd1575-722b-4ce4-83f8-42ab477c9af5?upload=true.png

:)

Elvio Soza, May 14, 2019

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, May 14, 2019
  3. Joe Men Win User
    camera does not work anymore

Hello,

The error 0xA00F427E(0xE8010001) code is related to the software of the Camera app being corrupted. This usually occurs after an update.

For us to trouble shoot the concern about your phone's Camera app. Please provide the following:

• What is the make and model of your phone?
    • Which Windows Mobile operating system is your phone running on? Include the build version.
    • What changes did you do on your device before the issue started?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your reply.

Joe Men, May 14, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Camera not working anymore

Camera not working

Hi Khem,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible cause why your camera is not working properly. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, could you provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you tried updating your webcam driver?
    • What is the make and model of you tablet?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in these articles on how to troubleshoot your camera:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Camera not working anymore

1. Camera not working anymore - Similar Threads - Camera working anymore

2. Bluetooth is not working anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth is not working anymore: I wanted to connect my VR headset through bluetooth but unfortunately when I tried to connect it, it says that I couldn’t. I have tried running a troubleshooter about my Bluetooth problem and it says that I don’t have Bluetooth Capability even though, I remember my bluetooth...
  3. Camera and Wifi don't work anymore : usb power management ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera and Wifi don't work anymore : usb power management ?: Hi everyone !Sorry for my english, i'm not a english-speaker.I'm a owner of Asus UX450FDX.Before having updated my pc, i had changed some option because my camera didn't work. I desactivated the option "allow the computer to turn off this device". And the camera worked well...
  4. Camera and Wifi don't work anymore : usb power management ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera and Wifi don't work anymore : usb power management ?: Hi everyone !Sorry for my english, i'm not a english-speaker.I'm a owner of Asus UX450FDX.Before having updated my pc, i had changed some option because my camera didn't work. I desactivated the option "allow the computer to turn off this device". And the camera worked well...
  5. "Microsoft IR Camera Front" not shown anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Microsoft IR Camera Front" not shown anymore: Hello Microsoft community,- I have no issues with "Windows Hello" or something -after some of the last updates I can't select/see the "Microsoft IR Camera Front" e.g. in Chrome anymore. I used for some projects of mine. I guess it was removed, because many had problems in...
  6. Controller not working anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller not working anymore: My Dualshock ps4 controller no longer works with my Asos laptop. It used to work on Fortnite and then something changed. I recently installed Warzone, and it didn't connect, and now it doesn't work on anything. It connects, but doesn't do anything. I have installed drivers...
  7. My camera doesn't work anymore all of a sudent

My camera doesn't work anymore all of a sudent: My camera doesn't work anymore and i have followed every step on the microsoft website to fix it but it just won't work. every time i oppened my camera this is what it looked like [ATTACH]...
  8. Bluetooth not working anymore

Bluetooth not working anymore: Today I was watching something with my Bluetooth headphones connected and suddenly I wasn't hearing anything anymore. I checked Bluetooth and It said they were still connected so I tried disconnecting them. It didn't work so I turned of Bluetooth. After that I couldn't turn...
  9. Smartpad not working anymore

Smartpad not working anymore: I have a Toshiba s50 , i7 laptop and the touchpad/smartpad has stopped working. This has been an intermittent ongoing issue for months and months. I have tried the following - uninstalling and reinstalling drivers - ensuring the touchpad is enabled via control panel and...
  10. mediacreationtool not working (anymore)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mediacreationtool not working (anymore): I wanted to migrate back to Windows8.1, but the mediacreationtool doesnt let me download the windows8.1 iso file anymore. I guess this totally purposely, to force people into Windows10. It just says something like "cant download bla bla" the moment I click ok. A friend tested...