Windows 10: Camera not working despite having downloaded media Feature Pack for N and KN versions

Discus and support Camera not working despite having downloaded media Feature Pack for N and KN versions in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I'm reaching out because I'm completely stuck. Ever since last week where my computer who is supported by Windows 10 got automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CH04, Apr 16, 2021.

1. CH04 Win User

Camera not working despite having downloaded media Feature Pack for N and KN versions

Hello,

I'm reaching out because I'm completely stuck.

Ever since last week where my computer who is supported by Windows 10 got automatically updated my camera will not work because it says I'm lacking the media Feature Pack for N and KN versions.

I have tried to download the standards version, it didn't work. Then I finally found out the KB3010081 link was updated to link KB3099229, which I have also downloaded. But no matter what I do, when I open the camera, I still get told to download the media feature when I just downloaded and installed successfully.

I do not know what to do....

Thank you for your help !

:)

2. Tryx3 Win User

Windows media features pack N and KN won't install

What pack are you referring to? If you mean the Media feature pack then that is only relevant for N & KN versions of Windows [see above].

If you do have an N or KN version then find the latest version of the Media feature pack using the guidance in

Download the latest version of the Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N or KN

Denis

Tryx3, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Media Feature Pack for N version?

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for responding in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issues with installation of Media Feature Pack, do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Which architecture of Windows have you installed on your computer?

I suggest you to download the respective architecture of the downloading file from the below link, try to install it and check if the issue is resolved.

Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 10

Also, refer to the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Media Feature Pack for Windows 10 N and Windows 10 KN editions (November 2015)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Camera not working despite having downloaded media Feature Pack for N and KN versions

Win10 N Will not install Media pack

I am using windows 10N Insider preview and The media pack will not install. I have tried the following:

• Media Feature Pack list for Windows N editions
    • Media Feature Pack for N and KN editions of Windows 10 Version 1508 - KB3010081
    • Media Feature Pack for N and KN editions of Windows 10 Version 1511 - KB3010081
    • Media Feature Pack for N editions of Windows 10 Version 1607 - KB3133719
    • Media Feature Pack for N edition of Windows 10 Version 1703 - KB4016817
    • Media Feature Pack for N edition of Windows 10 Version 1709 - KB4039813

The only one to install was the very first one. However Media player is not installed, there are no media player folders. I can add the app.

Every other version say the update is not applicable to your system. Not sure how
    that's even possible. I have uninstalled and reinstalled many times and nothing. No media player. Should I just assume that it does not work and will never be fixed or is there some magic that I
    don't know about to get this thing working and installed correctly?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you,

Moved fromCamera not working despite having downloaded media Feature Pack for N and KN versions :( Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup )

Jeffrey L Johnson, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Camera not working despite having downloaded media Feature Pack for N and KN versions

1. Camera not working despite having downloaded media Feature Pack for N and KN versions - Similar Threads - Camera working despite

2. Installation of Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 10 failed due to error:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation of Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 10 failed due to error:...: Installation of Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 10 failed due to error: 0x8024001dHow to solve it and install the Featyre pack successfully?...
  3. Installation of Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 10 failed due to error:...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installation of Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 10 failed due to error:...: Installation of Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 10 failed due to error: 0x8024001dHow to solve it and install the Featyre pack successfully?...
  4. Installation of Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 10 failed due to error:...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to install Media Feature Pack for N

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Media Feature Pack for N: Had an issue connecting Phone using MTP. Figured out it uses Media Feature Pack that N versions of Windows doesn't have.Tried to install Media Feature Pack on Windows 10 N 21H1 with no luck.in appwiz.cpl Optional features there is no Media Feature or Windows Media player...
  6. Unable to install Media Feature Pack for N

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install Media Feature Pack for N: Had an issue connecting Phone using MTP. Figured out it uses Media Feature Pack that N versions of Windows doesn't have.Tried to install Media Feature Pack on Windows 10 N 21H1 with no luck.in appwiz.cpl Optional features there is no Media Feature or Windows Media player...
  7. Unable to install Media Feature Pack for N

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Camera not working despite having downloaded media Feature Pack for N and KN versions

Camera not working despite having downloaded media Feature Pack for N and KN versions: Hello, I'm reaching out because I'm completely stuck. Ever since last week where my computer who is supported by Windows 10 got automatically updated my camera will not work because it says I'm lacking the media Feature Pack for N and KN versions. I have tried to...
  9. camera not opening prompting media feature pack for N and KN versions of windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    camera not opening prompting media feature pack for N and KN versions of windows 10: My camera app not opening on my laptop.It is showing to install the media feature pack.I installed and restarted the laptop.But still its not working. It is used to work before but recently it stopped working. I need help.Please give me a solution.[ATTACH]...
  10. Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions

Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions: i am using on a laptop an official win pro 10 N -version 1803- build 17134.765 it seems after downloading several installments that the program is installed ,somewhere hidden/ behind, and i do need to activate windows media player in settings but where?...