Windows 10: Camera not working; Driver missing in Device Manager; Asus Laptop

Discus and support Camera not working; Driver missing in Device Manager; Asus Laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have tried several methods 1. Privacy settings>Camera access ON 2. Camera settings>Reset 3. Troubleshooting 4. Windows Update 5. Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SeemadriSubhadarshini, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Camera not working; Driver missing in Device Manager; Asus Laptop

Hello,

I have tried several methods

1. Privacy settings>Camera access ON

2. Camera settings>Reset

3. Troubleshooting

4. Windows Update

5. Windows Reset

6. Device manager>show hidden device still integrated webcam is not shown

7. Device manager>Scan for hardware changes>Add but neither model is shown under camera or imaging device

I could not find camera driver in asus official website for X556UR; Windows 10 64-bit

Please suggest something

:)

SeemadriSubhadarshini, Jul 7, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Jul 7, 2020
  3. runn31 Win User
    Is there a new driver to fix the camera in a N50VC Asus laptop

I have an Asus N50VC laptop. I changed fro win 7 to win 10 and the built in camera turned upside down.
    Asus does not provide a new driver, probably because this laptop was bought in 2009. Windows updates for windows 10 has not solved the problem. Ive gone into device manager and tried to upgrade driver nad it says I have the latest driver. The camera worked fine before the win 10 update. It still works but camera is upside down. Is there a driver somewhere that I can use to fix this problem? I would appreciate any help.Thankyou.

runn31, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Camera not working; Driver missing in Device Manager; Asus Laptop

intel avstream camera not working - asus t100

Hi Rob,

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or outdated Webcam drivers.

We appreciate your efforts in trying to troubleshoot the issue. As the issue still persists, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Do you get any error message/error code on launching the webcam on PC?
    • Did you check if the camera drivers are listed in Device manager?

In most of the cases the device drivers will be listed under its respective category in
    Device manager. All the drivers of the devices attached to or mostly will be used on the PC will be listed under
    Device manager. The device will not function if the driver of the respective device is not installed on the computer.

Method 1: Check if the camera drivers are listed in
    Device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device manager from the context menu.
    • Expand the option where WebCam drivers may be located and check if the drivers are present.
    • If present, right click on the driver and select Update this software from the context menu.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • After the update is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective.
    Method 2:

I suggest you to install the latest driver in a compatibility mode and check if this works.
    Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.

d. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

You may also refer: Make older programs compatible with
    this version of Windows
    (Steps applies to Windows 10)

Also, suggest you to check with the below article, which provides troubleshooting steps when Camera app fails to start.

How to fix Windows
    10 issues with cameras when the Windows Camera app fails to launch

Fix Windows Camera app problems with USB web cameras

Write us back with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Camera not working; Driver missing in Device Manager; Asus Laptop

1. Camera not working; Driver missing in Device Manager; Asus Laptop - Similar Threads - Camera working Driver

2. Camera Missing In Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera Missing In Device Manager: My Camera is not showing in Device Manager. Before I did a scan for any changes I noticed the name in which I named my computer during one of the requests when setting up the Windows 11 installation was not there however after the scan the name was there and when I opened it...
  3. Camera Missing In Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera Missing In Device Manager: My Camera is not showing in Device Manager. Before I did a scan for any changes I noticed the name in which I named my computer during one of the requests when setting up the Windows 11 installation was not there however after the scan the name was there and when I opened it...
  4. missing camera device and drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    missing camera device and drivers: I no longer can find my camera after my Microsoft 10 update. I have done initial troubleshooting and the camera or any suggestion it was once on my computer is gone....
  5. camera driver is not in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera driver is not in device manager: my camera was not working so i tried troubleshooting and unfortunately the camera was not found in the device manger eventhough i tried every possible way to find the device in the device manger and tried the option given in the help button. I even tried options which was...
  6. camera driver is not in device manager

camera driver is not in device manager: my camera was not working so i tried troubleshooting and unfortunately the camera was not found in the device manger eventhough i tried every possible way to find the device in the device manger and tried the option given in the help button. I even tried options which was...
  7. Missing camera drive on device manager, integrated camera not working.

Missing camera drive on device manager, integrated camera not working.: I've been trying for a while now to fix my camera issue of my integrated camera not working, just saying that it's not found. I can't seem to find it on my device manager. I've looked at hidden devices, and it's not there. I have an Alienware m15 laptop, can support please...
  8. Missing camera drive on device manager, integrated camera not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing camera drive on device manager, integrated camera not working.: I've been trying for a while now to fix my camera issue of my integrated camera not working, just saying that it's not found. I can't seem to find it on my device manager. I've looked at hidden devices, and it's not there. I have an Alienware m15 laptop, can support please...
  9. Missing camera drive on device manager, integrated camera not working.

10. Laptop camera missing. no longer in device manager

Laptop camera missing. no longer in device manager: I have an ASUS Vivobook 15 x505z bq034t running on Windows 10 home. Been using it for almost 2 years now and until last week i never had problems with my drivers. I upgraded my laptop last week, inserting a samsung 860 evo m2 sata ssd in the free m2 slot for efficiency on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus camera driver missing