Windows 10: Camera not working error 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

Discus and support Camera not working error 0xA00F4244 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My camera has been completely missing from my laptop for a couple months. When I try to open the camera app it says "We can't find your camera" with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by a_551, Sep 29, 2020.

1. a_551 Win User

Camera not working error 0xA00F4244

My camera has been completely missing from my laptop for a couple months. When I try to open the camera app it says "We can't find your camera" with the error code 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

I have tried all the quick fixes, F8, checking that camera is enabled, the camera is not in my device manager, and my antivirus is not blocking it, I've updated windows mulptiple times. I talked to support today and they gave me a link to some 2 hour long update that did nothing, talked to another person afterwards who said this is a "bug" and I can call support to get an ETA on the patch... I am beyond frustrated, I don't need to stress how important a camera is these days when everything I am doing is online. Please someone help.

:)

a_551, Sep 29, 2020
  2. Cliff S Win User

Error 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> for Microsoft webcam

You can try using the windows default driver.
    Right click the device in device manager, and select update, then browse for drivers my computer, then select let me pick from a list, then select USB Video device:

Camera not working error 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> [​IMG]

Cliff S, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Paultx Win User
    Error 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> for Microsoft webcam

I have this old Microsoft Lifecam Cinema webcam, which I purchased back in 2013 for my desktop PC. But since I didn't use webcams frequently (when occasionally needed, I used my laptop's) I forgot it inside a drawer for years. A few days ago I found it while housecleaning and decided to test it with Windows 10. It didn't work. I tried another USB port and it worked.

The app interface and a photo taken with it.

Webcam in the Device Manager.

I didn't use it for a week or so. Today I tried to use it again, and again it didn't work.

When I search for solutions, I find many answers mostly with the same steps (use Windows troubleshooting, reinstall driver, etc., blah blah blah) that just don't work!

Even the issues get different names, descriptions, etc. At some point, I just unplugged then plugged the USB cable back to the same port, then I got this "Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" in Device Manager. Tried another USB port, then got this "96120" thing supposedly "ready". But then nothing, no webcam, and now I have this "96120" thing as "Other devices" in Device Manager.

Device "ready".

As a last resort, I tried to install the webcam model's Windows 7 driver, but the program can't find the webcam to continue.

I don't understand why it's so problematic to run a Microsoft product on a Microsoft operating system. What's worse is that one day it works, the other day it doesn't... It's incredible!

So I wonder if there is some sort of "universal" or "generic" driver or program I can use to take over the whole thing, so I don't have to wait for Microsoft to solve this webcam issue. Any idea? TIA.

Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.815

Paultx, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Tigar100 Win User

Can't Find camera error code 0xA00F4244 <noCamerasAreAttached>

Camera isn't working and got error code 0xA00F4244 <noCamerasAreAttached>

Tigar100, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Camera not working error 0xA00F4244 - Similar Threads - Camera working error

2. Camera Not Working Error Code 0xa00f4244<nocamerasareattached>

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera Not Working Error Code 0xa00f4244<nocamerasareattached>: Camera Not Working Error Code 0xa00f4244<nocamerasareattached> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-working-error-code/8b93f208-8987-4937-a31f-d7cca17e76ae
  3. Camera Not Working Error Code 0xa00f4244<nocamerasareattached>

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera Not Working Error Code 0xa00f4244<nocamerasareattached>: My camera is not working and showing the 0xa00f4244 error. I went to device manager and tried 'scan for hardware changes', but nothing happened. I could see my camera driver when I enabled 'show hidden devices'. After that, I uninstalled my camera driver, hoping that windows...
  4. Camera Not Working Error Code 0xa00f4244<nocamerasareattached>

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera Not Working Error Code 0xa00f4244<nocamerasareattached>: My camera is not working and showing the 0xa00f4244 error. I went to device manager and tried 'scan for hardware changes', but nothing happened. I could see my camera driver when I enabled 'show hidden devices'. After that, I uninstalled my camera driver, hoping that windows...
  5. Camera Not working 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

Camera Not working 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>: Hello, after latest update from widows my camera stopped working with the error code 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> even though its my surface pro 6 built in camera and not an external device. I tried every thing which where suggested in get help section by the bot and...
  6. Camera isn't working - Error 0xA00f4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera isn't working - Error 0xA00f4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>: Hi, This msg "Error 0xA00f4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>" appears when I was trying to turn on the camera. I checked the device manager and in hidden items, I found the Camera and uninstalled it. After restarting the machine in the device manager, the Camera was not there. can...
  7. Camera not working 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

Camera not working 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>: I recently just purchased an HP Pavilion x360 with builtin camera. Upon setup, I was prompted to update my Windows 10, which I did. I had not tried to use my camera prior, so I am not sure if it was working. I can not use my camera as it is saying that No Cameras Are...
  8. Camera Not Working Error Code 0xa00f4244<nocamerasareattached>

Camera Not Working Error Code 0xa00f4244<nocamerasareattached>: I'm trying to take a photo with the inbuilt camera but when I got to the camera app it comes up with 0xa00f4244<nocameraareattached> And also there's no camera listed in my driver. It has been completely uninstalled for almost a yearbeyond restore point[IMG][IMG]...
  9. Camera Error 0xA00F4244 <NoCamerasAreAttached>

Camera Error 0xA00F4244 <NoCamerasAreAttached>: I've tried many different ways from updating all my drivers, rerolling drivers, troubleshooting the store, troubleshooting anything else I could think of, checking for malware, taking down my security, and many more options from videos online, and nothing has worked to allow...
  10. Camera Not Working Error Code 0xa00f4244<nocamerasareattached>

Camera Not Working Error Code 0xa00f4244<nocamerasareattached>: I am getting this error code when trying to make video call via skype https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-working-error-code/ccf18131-3971-4e0c-a5e4-7c5e5bfe5cd1
Tags: