Windows 10: Camera not working even after restarting

Discus and support Camera not working even after restarting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently my laptop camera is not working well, the camera keeps displaying this message: 0xA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent>0x8007001F I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JBJE Teo, Jun 19, 2020.

1. JBJE Teo Win User

Camera not working even after restarting

Recently my laptop camera is not working well, the camera keeps displaying this message:

0xA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent>0x8007001F

I tried restarting, updating the webcam, but it still does not work. What exactly happened? It actually happened before but a simple restart solved itself, but this time it's different now.

:)

JBJE Teo, Jun 19, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 19, 2020
  3. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Camera does not work.

To isolate your concern, we suggest that you uninstall the camera through Device Manager. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Device
      Manager
      and press Enter.
    • Navigate to Imaging devices.
    • Expand the Imaging devices tree by clicking on the adjacent arrow.
    • Look for your device, right-click then select Properties.
    • Click on the Driver tab, then choose Uninstall button.

Let the system restarts to complete the process. Take note that the camera may not work if there are other applications which are still open that uses the same device, we suggest that after uninstalling the device you can proceed with launching the application
    to check if the issue persists.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Camera not working even after restarting - Similar Threads - Camera working restarting

2. my camera is not working even after latest update of system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my camera is not working even after latest update of system: my camera is not working even after latest update of system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-is-not-working-even-after-latest-update/65c517e1-ec6a-4129-ad3b-79ea41d270f7
  3. my camera is not working even after latest update of system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my camera is not working even after latest update of system: my camera is not working even after latest update of system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-is-not-working-even-after-latest-update/65c517e1-ec6a-4129-ad3b-79ea41d270f7
  4. Camera is not working getting error code of Photocapturetimeout,cameranotfound even after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera is not working getting error code of Photocapturetimeout,cameranotfound even after...: Camera is not working getting error code of Photocapturetimeout,cameranotfound even after trying all possible solution the status did not improve.please tell me how do i resolve it.Laptop: Dell Inspiron 15 5000Windows 11...
  5. Camera is not working getting error code of Photocapturetimeout,cameranotfound even after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera is not working getting error code of Photocapturetimeout,cameranotfound even after...: Camera is not working getting error code of Photocapturetimeout,cameranotfound even after trying all possible solution the status did not improve.please tell me how do i resolve it.Laptop: Dell Inspiron 15 5000Windows 11...
  6. Built in laptop camera only works immediately after a restart.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Built in laptop camera only works immediately after a restart.: My HP laptop camera will not work unless it is immediately after restarting the computer. After restarting, it works fine. And if I am in a meeting and I turned off my camera it would not show up. It says "Camera Not Found".I've updated drivers and tried everything else I...
  7. Built in Camera WebCam only works after Restart/Sleep.

Built in Camera WebCam only works after Restart/Sleep.: As mentioned in the title, it is quite a odd problem. The WebCam works only after a restart or a sleep. After it stops working, the device also goes disappears from DeviceManager. So, things i've tried:...
  8. Camera Not Working After Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera Not Working After Update: Hi, Does anyone of you experience this kind of issue in your laptop's camera? The light indicator beside is lit when I open my camera bu on my screen it is just displaying that. Hope that someone could help me here. Thank you! [ATTACH]...
  9. Built in laptop camera only works immediately after a restart.

Built in laptop camera only works immediately after a restart.: My Dell laptop camera will not work unless it is immediately after restarting the computer. After restarting, it works fine until the laptop is closed or goes into sleep mode, and then it stops working again. I have updated drivers and tried everything else I could find...
  10. Flickering of menus, even after restart.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Flickering of menus, even after restart.: Hey, After a refresh, i noticed that that my menus, i.e. the power menus, the edge theme drop down menus, and all system dropdown menuse flicker really badly, found a video where restarting the computer helped, but it happens again, not sure what to do. Did a sfc/ scannow...