Windows 10: Camera not working for windows hello

Discus and support Camera not working for windows hello in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My camera stopped working a few days ago. I wasn't able to log-in using Windows Hello and the camera app wasn't working either. I looked for a solution... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MoinMir, Jan 31, 2019.

1. MoinMir Win User

Camera not working for windows hello

My camera stopped working a few days ago. I wasn't able to log-in using Windows Hello and the camera app wasn't working either. I looked for a solution online and based on an answer on this website added a file in the registry. This fixed the camera app but not Windows Hello. I removed my face data from Windows Hello and tried to set it up again. Now whenever I try to set it up, it says "Sorry something went wrong. Close Windows Hello, and then try going through the setup again."

I have already tried troubleshooting Windows Update and Hardware and Devices. Restarted after troubleshooting Windows Update and reinstalled the updates. It still shows the same thing. Any solution?

:)

MoinMir, Jan 31, 2019

2. windows hello camera not working

Hello,

Since the issue occurs after an update, it is possible that there's an issue with the drivers on your device. For us to effectively assist you, could you tell us what is the make and model of your device?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article on how to troubleshoot camera
    problems in Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Windows Hello not working properly

Hi Jim,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your Windows Hello, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g. updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what specific troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try reinstalling your camera driver to resolve the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Camera not working for windows hello

camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Camera not working for windows hello

1. Camera not working for windows hello - Similar Threads - Camera working hello

2. Camera is not working for Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera is not working for Windows Hello: My facial recognition stopped working on my Lenovo Yoga 7i laptop. It worked great until about 2 weeks ago. I followed all of the instructions in the troubleshooter and still nothing. Everytime I try to re-set it up, the camera looks like it wants to turn on but all I get is...
  3. Camera is not working for Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera is not working for Windows Hello: My facial recognition stopped working on my Lenovo Yoga 7i laptop. It worked great until about 2 weeks ago. I followed all of the instructions in the troubleshooter and still nothing. Everytime I try to re-set it up, the camera looks like it wants to turn on but all I get is...
  4. Windows Hello Camera

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Camera: Hi. So I updated my windows last night. One of those periodic windows updateI’m not sure which one but I could check. Afterwards I haven’t been able to use my windows facial recognition to sign in. On the Lock Screen I get the “getting ready” option and then nothing happens....
  5. Windows Hello Camera is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Camera is not working: After doing a clean installation of Windows 11 via bootable USB in my Dell Inspiron 7535 2-1, the face recognition is not working.The face recognition was working properly in Windows 10, before the format. In settings, when I try to set up the face recognition it says "We...
  6. Windows Hello Camera is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Camera is not working: After doing a clean installation of Windows 11 via bootable USB in my Dell Inspiron 7535 2-1, the face recognition is not working.The face recognition was working properly in Windows 10, before the format. In settings, when I try to set up the face recognition it says "We...
  7. windows hello camera

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows hello camera: cannot find compatible camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-camera/af04c1eb-0da2-4585-8fdc-605f53e76c07
  8. Windows Hello camera not working

Windows Hello camera not working: Windows cant turn camera on to set up log in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-camera-not-working/93cf7718-3674-48d8-a571-a9a72718a587
  9. camera, windows hello stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    camera, windows hello stopped working: Hi, my camera app stopped working and so did windows hello. I haven't added anything new to the computer. It was working fine and out of nowhere shows this error code 0xA00F4243<CameraReservedByAnotherApp>0xC00D3704. I don't use any third-party apps for the camera so this...
  10. windows 10 hello camera not working

windows 10 hello camera not working: First, I'm using Surface laptop 3 now and updated Windows 10 and Firmware an hour ago. Also, I went into the device manager and checked that the camera was updated. And when I entered the setup-system, I checked that the update was up to date and turned the computer off and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello camera not working

2. windows hello face camera not working

3. hello windows camera not working

4. troublshoot surface infrared camera,
  5. camera not compatible with windows hello face,
  6. microsoft hello camera,
  7. windows hello camera,
  8. windows hello camera not working pc,
  9. www.bing.cohttps://www.microsoft.com/en-us/,
  10. windows hello not working,
  11. hello camera not working,