Windows 10: Camera not working, gray screen

Discus and support Camera not working, gray screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, My camera is not working. In Settings, Allow Camera is ON. The Drivers are updated. The anti-virus doesn't seem to be a problem, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mc-k-d, Apr 16, 2019.

1. mc-k-d Win User

Camera not working, gray screen

Hello,

My camera is not working.
    In Settings, Allow Camera is ON.

The Drivers are updated.

The anti-virus doesn't seem to be a problem, when disabled the camera is still not working.

Any idea how I can solve this?

Windows 10 / EasyCamera

:)

mc-k-d, Apr 16, 2019

2. "Gray Screen of Death"

Thanks for your informative post!

I had solved my 2D & gray screen issue using advice posted by erocker (see below)
    Mainly it involves creating a profile and putting higher 2D clocks:

Black Panther, Apr 16, 2019
  3. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Camera not working, gray screen

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Camera not working, gray screen

1. Camera not working, gray screen - Similar Threads - Camera working gray

2. Camera not working, Shows a grey screen with a Slashed Camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera not working, Shows a grey screen with a Slashed Camera: I need to fix my Camera, I have a Lenovo Laptop... I've been needing to go to zooms lately... but my camera just shows a grey screen with a white slashed camera, but the top camera light shines as if the cam is actually on, I've had this problem before.. I do not know how to...
  3. Camera not working, Shows a grey screen with a Slashed Camera

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Camera not working, Shows a grey screen with a Slashed Camera: I need to fix my Camera, I have a Lenovo Laptop... I've been needing to go to zooms lately... but my camera just shows a grey screen with a white slashed camera, but the top camera light shines as if the cam is actually on, I've had this problem before.. I do not know how to...
  4. Gray screen of Death??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Gray screen of Death??: [IMG]Hello everyone! Can I ask for a little assistance please? : Okay the problem is I am having a difficulty on where to start fixing this laptop. When I restart it just pops a gray screen hopefully not fatal I am seeing a lot of community fixes around here but I don’t...
  5. Camera Not Working/Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera Not Working/Black Screen: I just purchased a new Dell Inspiron 7300 2n1 last week. I tried to get on a Zoom meeting last night and realized the camera wasn't working. I've tried several different things to troubleshoot the problem to no avail. So, I need help!!...
  6. when I go to camera the screen comes up gray w/ pic of camera with a cross out sirn.... no...

when I go to camera the screen comes up gray w/ pic of camera with a cross out sirn.... no...: camera is not working comes up ongray screen with pic of camera crossed out... no visual for video too.. cant find how to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-go-to-camera-the-screen-comes-up-gray-w-pic/93086abc-f38b-46b1-9f11-c9d73598137e
  7. Gray Screen Problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Gray Screen Problem: I have a brand new HP Envy laptop with windows 10 on it. It struggles to get out of rest mode. I'm in college, so I have about 10 minutes in between classes, I'll close the laptop for about 5 minutes, open it back up and it has a grey screen. Everything on my laptop is...
  8. Dell screen camera does not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell screen camera does not work: I am using an old screen DellSP2208WFP(Analog) I have as a second monitor. I can't have its camera works on my lenovo windows 10 PC no matter what I try. Should I scrap it and get a new one or there can be a solution?...
  9. Google Gray Screen

Google Gray Screen: The Google app has started displaying a blank gray screen as soon as the answer page is returned. This is an old problem, but the current version in the App Store apparently has it back again. 88309
  10. External monitor gray screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External monitor gray screen: BlKmHnXVUy8 Hardware: Schenker XMG A726 (Clevo N170RF1-G) Notebook Review - NotebookCheck.net Reviews Look at this sh*t. No matter which multi display mode I pick, the external monitor simply shows a gray screen without a cursor or anything. I did try every single...