Windows 10: Camera not working in brand new HP Laptop 14sDK0093AU

Discus and support Camera not working in brand new HP Laptop 14sDK0093AU in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The in-built camera seems to have a mind of its own. It works at times and most of the time does not work. There is no specific reason / pattern I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ape47, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Ape47 Win User

Camera not working in brand new HP Laptop 14sDK0093AU

The in-built camera seems to have a mind of its own. It works at times and most of the time does not work. There is no specific reason / pattern I could make out.

The privacy settings are set to "Allow access to camera on this device". Ditto for apps, MS Store apps and Desktop apps.

The device manager does not show the camera at all.

Sometimes, camera turns on automatically. When it suddenly turns on, I did go to the settings and rechecked the driver. It confirmed my driver is upto date. And when it turns on, the device manager also lists the camera.

Am at my wit's end with the moody nature of my in-built camera.

:)

Ape47, Oct 13, 2020

2. Suggest new laptop/notebook

I haven't seen laptop from Xiaomi.. are they good? Which model?

I liked hp pavilion 360x series..suggest similar in other good brands..

I don't know why everyone hates hp so much? I have used 3 laptops from hp in last 10 yrs..latest is hp envy 17 3d , 4.5 yrs till now, first time encountered hardware problem now, that got fixed too with routine service...might need to replace fan later. But no major issue till now.. working like new even now

freebird_9924, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Bluetooth not working on my new HP Laptop

After reading all the questions and answers on this topic, I am still not clear about this Bluetooth problem. I have a brand new HP Laptop that came with Windows 10, and the Bluetooth icon was showing, and tried to connect it to my Bluetooth device but
    it didn't work, and then all of the sudden it disappear. Could you please walk me through step by step how to install it again. And make it work this time! Thank you.

Arlette

Arlette M., Oct 13, 2020
  4. Camera not working in brand new HP Laptop 14sDK0093AU

Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Camera not working in brand new HP Laptop 14sDK0093AU

1. Camera not working in brand new HP Laptop 14sDK0093AU - Similar Threads - Camera working brand

2. Updates just aren't working right on a brand new hp laptop, windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates just aren't working right on a brand new hp laptop, windows 11.: So I was following all the steps exactly and then it said it had updates, and there were a lot. It installed most of them but 1 said it failed and to restart so I did. After that it did the updates are underway and then booted up but it had 4 updates that wouldn't go through...
  3. Updates just aren't working right on a brand new hp laptop, windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates just aren't working right on a brand new hp laptop, windows 11.: So I was following all the steps exactly and then it said it had updates, and there were a lot. It installed most of them but 1 said it failed and to restart so I did. After that it did the updates are underway and then booted up but it had 4 updates that wouldn't go through...
  4. Brand new HP laptop without windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brand new HP laptop without windows?: Hello everyone, I recently purchased a brand new workstation off Amazon for school (HP Z book G6 17). When it arrived it had no OS on it when the Amazon ad clearly states it has windows 10 pro. Not sure if I’m supposed to activate something in the bios or something. There’s...
  5. HP Laptop camera not working

HP Laptop camera not working: Intro details: Windows 10, HP ENVY x360 -15z-ds000 CTO Started my laptop up on Tuesday, and I was surprised to find that the camera was not found while I was on calls on Teams/Zoom/etc. It worked perfectly on Monday, and I didn't really do anything....
  6. HP Laptop camera not working

HP Laptop camera not working: Intro details: Windows 10, HP ENVY x360 -15z-ds000 CTO Started my laptop up today, and I was surprised to find that the camera was not found while I was on calls. It worked perfectly yesterday, and I didn't really do anything. 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> is the error...
  7. Camera on HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera on HP Laptop: I need help!!! I can not get my laptop to find the built in camera. It is an HP Envy x360 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-on-hp-laptop/635212dd-6e93-46c6-a2d2-ab0ff88a8eef
  8. Camera Issue on brand new surface

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Camera Issue on brand new surface: I just bought a surface 2 days ago, couldn't set up Windows Hello and now getting this error when trying to access the camera. Only things running in Task Manager are Explorer and Mail...
  9. Brand New laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand New laptop: After loading MS office 365 and down loading updates. I restarted my lap top as required and now all it states is "PREPAREING AUTOMATIC REPAIR." Tis is a brand NEW LAPTOP, ??? What is up with this ....
  10. HP LAPTOP - CAMERA

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP LAPTOP - CAMERA: I ATTEMPTED TO USE MY LAPTOP CAMERA TO CHANGE MY PHOTO BUT GOT THIS ERROR MESSAGE oXaOOF4271 <MEDIACAPTUREFAILEDEVENT> oXcOOD3E82 Can someone please help this silver haired surfer ???...