Windows 10: Camera not working in browser

Discus and support Camera not working in browser in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I will be using google meets soon and I tried to use the website on Microsoft edge. I have allowed camera access, updated my camera driver,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by drzzzy, Aug 17, 2020.

1. drzzzy Win User

Camera not working in browser

I will be using google meets soon and I tried to use the website on Microsoft edge. I have allowed camera access, updated my camera driver, troubleshooted, allowed camera to be used in apps in settings, and tried literally everything and it still does not work. I even tried to use google meets on chrome and it still failed to work. I did a webcam test on a website and they said that they detect my camera but something is blocking it. I have checked my norton settings and windows defender and it still is not working. I have watched atleast 10 tutorials and spent a good 3 hours on trying to fix this issue. Someone please help me.

:)

drzzzy, Aug 17, 2020

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Aug 17, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Camera not working

Hi Khem,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible cause why your camera is not working properly. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, could you provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you tried updating your webcam driver?
    • What is the make and model of you tablet?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in these articles on how to troubleshoot your camera:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Camera does not work.

To isolate your concern, we suggest that you uninstall the camera through Device Manager. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Device
      Manager
      and press Enter.
    • Navigate to Imaging devices.
    • Expand the Imaging devices tree by clicking on the adjacent arrow.
    • Look for your device, right-click then select Properties.
    • Click on the Driver tab, then choose Uninstall button.

Let the system restarts to complete the process. Take note that the camera may not work if there are other applications which are still open that uses the same device, we suggest that after uninstalling the device you can proceed with launching the application
    to check if the issue persists.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Camera not working in browser - Similar Threads - Camera working browser

2. The camera does not work in browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The camera does not work in browsers: I have a built-in webcam in my laptop. but damn it, it doesn't work in browsers, in any at all. I tried reinstalling drivers, tried different browsers, cleaned the cache and cookies, gave/took away permissions to use the camera, checked the standard antivirus for...
  3. The camera does not work in browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The camera does not work in browsers: I have a built-in webcam in my laptop. but damn it, it doesn't work in browsers, in any at all. I tried reinstalling drivers, tried different browsers, cleaned the cache and cookies, gave/took away permissions to use the camera, checked the standard antivirus for...
  4. Camera works for apps, but doesn't work for browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera works for apps, but doesn't work for browsers: I gave permissions to use camera for some websites by going into the Chrome setting. But still, I can't use the camera. So, I went into my pc setting. But here, as you can see, I went into the setting to enable webcam for Chrome. But I can't find it. Also, I can't find other...
  5. Camera works for apps, but doesn't work for browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera works for apps, but doesn't work for browsers: I gave permissions to use camera for some websites by going into the Chrome setting. But still, I can't use the camera. So, I went into my pc setting. But here, as you can see, I went into the setting to enable webcam for Chrome. But I can't find it. Also, I can't find other...
  6. Camera does not work in Browser based apps but works with downloaded apps such as Zoom/Teams

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera does not work in Browser based apps but works with downloaded apps such as Zoom/Teams: Hi there,I have been having this weird issue of camera not working in browser based apps, Google meet video conferencing and Honor Lock proctoring app for exams. When I open the camera app the image is on for one second and then black out for a few seconds.I'm using Chrome...
  7. Camera working with apps but not on internet browser

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera working with apps but not on internet browser: So I have bought a new webcam logitech c310 and installed the latest driver. I have windows 10 with the latest updates. When I try using my webcam in any browser Edge, Chrome, Firefox none of them works. In my privacy setup I allowed everything, but still doesn't work. When I...
  8. browser is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    browser is not working: each time I try to search something I keep on getting an error message. I have full internet access and have repeatedly tried restarting my laptop. Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/browser-is-not-working/f736f048-5c00-400c-8b06-afa25f636f94
  9. Browsers not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Browsers not working: Google Chrome was moving ridiculously slow. So I wiped cache, etc... to no avail. It continued moving unbearably slow. While on my laptop, it was as snappy as ever. I uninstalled it, then tried to use Microsoft Edge to try and re-download the latest version. Except... Now...
  10. Camera Access denied by Internet Browsers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera Access denied by Internet Browsers: My webcam is not available for Facebook Video Call. I tried even by giving access to other apps on settings. I searched online hoping to find some solutions. I made some changes even in regedit.exe still not working. Simply getting a message Hardware Access error with red...