Windows 10: Camera not working, in spite of allowing the app access.

Discus and support Camera not working, in spite of allowing the app access. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Camera not working, in spite of allowing the app access. Getting this screen every time. Camera driver and Windows itself is updated to latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SpaceMonke, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Camera not working, in spite of allowing the app access.

Camera not working, in spite of allowing the app access. Getting this screen every time. Camera driver and Windows itself is updated to latest versions. Problem persists in third-party apps that use camera. Restarting device didn't help. Windows "Get Help" apparently reset the driver - still didn't work. It's a Lenovo laptop. Please advise on fix.

Camera not working, in spite of allowing the app access. 3a493109-928e-4edf-afc2-da7ac5769289?upload=true.jpg

:)

SpaceMonke, Jan 12, 2021

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Jan 12, 2021
  3. tommyruud Win User
    Skype for Business' access to camera

Thanks, it worked!

For anyone else having the same problem:
    When activating the aforementioned setting you should restart Skype for Business completely. Mine Skype for Business still did not get listed in the lower list, but the camera is now activated.

tommyruud, Jan 12, 2021
  4. AndreTen Win User

Camera not working, in spite of allowing the app access.

Skype for Business' access to camera

Scroll down. Those are only Store apps listed. Other apps are listed below. First you turn access on, and then you have the list off other apps

Here is mine

Camera not working, in spite of allowing the app access. [​IMG]

Edit: and maybe some other program is using your camera at the time... only one can use it (at the time)

AndreTen, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Camera not working, in spite of allowing the app access.

1. Camera not working, in spite of allowing the app access. - Similar Threads - Camera working spite

2. Microsoft’s spitefulness

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft’s spitefulness: I’m a music producer using a win10 pc. My daw’s and apps don’t work with Microsoft so I use Firefox default and no matter which expensive daw I upgrade too after a short time it stops working costing me tons of $. I had no idea that it was Microsoft that were changing my...
  3. Cannot allow zoom access to camera/mic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot allow zoom access to camera/mic.: Cannot allow zoom access to camera/mic.Opened Windows Settings --> Privacy to grant access...granted all apps access. Zoom not listed as an app, but gave access to all apps....
  4. Cannot allow zoom access to camera/mic.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot allow zoom access to camera/mic.: Cannot allow zoom access to camera/mic.Opened Windows Settings --> Privacy to grant access...granted all apps access. Zoom not listed as an app, but gave access to all apps....
  5. Cannot allow zoom access to camera/mic.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Allow app Internet access.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allow app Internet access.: Hello! I've been having a problem with a game, I can't access its online features, but it's not the game's problem, it's probably my network. I am wondering how to find out where the game is "trying to connect to", and whitelist it on my router. (I don't even know if it's an...
  7. Is there a way to only allow specific desktop apps to access your camera or microphone?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to only allow specific desktop apps to access your camera or microphone?: I found how to disable webcam and mic but I have to disable it for all apps if I want to turn it off Is there a way to only allow specific apps access? I just want one app to be able to access my webcam and mic but not the others...
  8. allowing camera to be accessed by apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    allowing camera to be accessed by apps: I cannot click on the "change" box to allow a camera to be used. it's greyed out and unclickable. i cannot remember if there was an option when installing windows to not allow camera access. if there was one, i most likely clicked no. anyone got a fix for this???[ATTACH]...
  9. Camera App needs for permission but everything is allowed! and it still doesn't work!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Camera App needs for permission but everything is allowed! and it still doesn't work!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SgtDeathAdder [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hjosxb/camera_app_needs_for_permission_but_everything_is/
  10. Allow or Deny OS and Apps Access to Camera in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Allow or Deny OS and Apps Access to Camera in Windows 10: How to: Allow or Deny OS and Apps Access to Camera in Windows 10 How to Allow or Deny OS and Apps Access to Camera in Windows 10 In Windows 10, having a camera as part of your device or system lets you make Skype video calls, take pictures, etc. Many apps and services...