Windows 10: camera not working on start up

Discus and support camera not working on start up in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; camera recognition not working on the startup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by derekentwistle, Jul 30, 2019.

1. camera not working on start up

camera recognition not working on the startup

:)

derekentwistle, Jul 30, 2019

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Camera not working

Hi Khem,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible cause why your camera is not working properly. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, could you provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you tried updating your webcam driver?
    • What is the make and model of you tablet?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in these articles on how to troubleshoot your camera:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 30, 2019
  4. camera not working on start up

Haier camera is not working in windows 10

Hi Haier,

Sorry to know that the camera is not working.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • What is the model of the Camera?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • Which app/website are you using to access camera?
    It could be due to incorrect settings or missing/corrupt drivers or missing updates.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below.

Windows can't find or start the camera:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13753/windows-10-can-not-find-or-start-the-camera

Hope this helps in resolving the issue with Camera. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

camera not working on start up

1. camera not working on start up - Similar Threads - camera working start

2. Camera not detected after start-up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera not detected after start-up.: I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon. My built-in webcam works for the initial start-up and even detects my face and logs me in. However, right after logging in, my computer is unable to detect the camera and I get the error message:0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>I have...
  3. Camera not detected after start-up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera not detected after start-up.: I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon. My built-in webcam works for the initial start-up and even detects my face and logs me in. However, right after logging in, my computer is unable to detect the camera and I get the error message:0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>I have...
  4. Camera selection on start-up

Camera selection on start-up: When I use my Dell laptop on the docking station the facial recognition cannot find the built in camera but it does not transfer to the external camera I also have connected. However when the computer goes into lock through no use and I then return and it looks for a camera...
  5. Camera selection on start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera selection on start-up: When I use my Dell laptop on the docking station the facial recognition cannot find the built in camera but it does not transfer to the external camera I also have connected. However when the computer goes into lock through no use and I then return and it looks for a camera...
  6. Camera starting up slowly

Camera starting up slowly: my camera app in windows 10 takes some time to start up even when being using in Microsoft's apps such as skype. when it is used in applications like zoom , many times it shows a black screen while other times , it causes the application to not respond i.e. : zoom stops...
  7. camera starting up slowly

camera starting up slowly: my camera app in windows 10 takes some time to start up even when being using in Microsoft's apps such as skype. when it is used in applications like zoom , many times it shows a black screen while other times , it causes the application to not respond i.e. : zoom stops...
  8. The camera lights up but does not work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The camera lights up but does not work.: My camera on my laptop is not working and I am guessing this has happened since I upgraded to Win 10 but cannot be sure of that. My camera in the device manager shows as "SPCA 2082 PC Camera". When I open the camera app the led light comes on but I have almost blank screen...
  9. "camera starting up" but never actually starts up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "camera starting up" but never actually starts up: When I try to use anything that requires use of my laptop's camera google meets, zoom, cyberlink youcam, camera app, etc, the camera never turns on. I've already checked for updates for my laptop and for the drivers, as well as made sure that my privacy settings allowed use...
  10. windiws start up camera

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windiws start up camera: on start up, it says opening camera for about 10-15 seconds then says could not turn camera on, use login password. that works fine. went into the signin options and tried to reset up the hello screen and it said there also "could not start up camera" this is a windows 10...