Windows 10: Camera not working

Discus and support Camera not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, my camera is not working, it's an intel avstream camera, i updated the drivers, but still not working. Can you help me?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by esposim, Nov 29, 2020.

1. esposim Win User

Camera not working

Hi, my camera is not working, it's an intel avstream camera, i updated the drivers, but still not working. Can you help me?

:)

esposim, Nov 29, 2020

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Nov 29, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Camera not working

Hi Khem,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible cause why your camera is not working properly. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, could you provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you tried updating your webcam driver?
    • What is the make and model of you tablet?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in these articles on how to troubleshoot your camera:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Camera not working

Camera does not work.

To isolate your concern, we suggest that you uninstall the camera through Device Manager. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Device
      Manager
      and press Enter.
    • Navigate to Imaging devices.
    • Expand the Imaging devices tree by clicking on the adjacent arrow.
    • Look for your device, right-click then select Properties.
    • Click on the Driver tab, then choose Uninstall button.

Let the system restarts to complete the process. Take note that the camera may not work if there are other applications which are still open that uses the same device, we suggest that after uninstalling the device you can proceed with launching the application
    to check if the issue persists.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Camera not working

1. Camera not working - Similar Threads - Camera working

2. Built-in camera not working - USB2.0 HD UVC webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Built-in camera not working - USB2.0 HD UVC webcam: On my laptop an ASUS TUF Gaming A15 which I bought two weeks ago, the built-in webcam occasionally works, but most of the time does not work in any app. In the camera app, it gives the error message 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> and when I look in the Device Manager, it...
  3. USB camera that stopped working

USB camera that stopped working: I have USB camera that stopped working, possibly bad driver but that is beyond me, any ideas? I have gone through the trouble shooter but no luck, I do not see camera listed on device manager, I do hear it ding with connected....
  4. Integrated Web Camera in Philips 272B7QUBHEB USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam does not work with...

Integrated Web Camera in Philips 272B7QUBHEB USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam does not work with...: Driver was installed correctly, camera is working in Camera app flawless, but Windows Hello Face still claims: This option is currently unavailable... We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face. The manufacturer claims on its website that the camera can be...
  5. Camera not working, in spite of allowing the app access.

Camera not working, in spite of allowing the app access.: Camera not working, in spite of allowing the app access. Getting this screen every time. Camera driver and Windows itself is updated to latest versions. Problem persists in third-party apps that use camera. Restarting device didn't help. Windows "Get Help" apparently reset...
  6. Dell Laptop with an inbuilt webcam of Creative Live Camera which just does not work in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Laptop with an inbuilt webcam of Creative Live Camera which just does not work in...: I have a Dell Laptop with an inbuilt webcam which just does not work in Windows 10 Pro. I cannot use it for Zoom or Microsoft Team or any other facility requiring a video or camera. I have updated windows it has been done automatically once connected with high speed BB and...
  7. Camera not working after update to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Camera not working after update to Windows 10: I just updated my HP ProBook to windows 10 and now the camera is not working. I've tried to update the driver but I get an error message that says 'windows found drivers but encountered an error while attempting to install them' Any ideas on what to do? Thanks....
  8. camera is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    camera is not working: hello! I'm having trouble with my camera. It seems to be disabled. Any time i try to turn it on, it just shows a picture of a camera with a line across it. I can't seem to find a way to turn it on....
  9. Camera not working, Shows a grey screen with a Slashed Camera

Camera not working, Shows a grey screen with a Slashed Camera: I need to fix my Camera, I have a Lenovo Laptop... I've been needing to go to zooms lately... but my camera just shows a grey screen with a white slashed camera, but the top camera light shines as if the cam is actually on, I've had this problem before.. I do not know how to...
  10. Camera, USB ports, Blutooth, probably other stuff I haven't found all stopped working...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Camera, USB ports, Blutooth, probably other stuff I haven't found all stopped working...: I started running through things to get the USB ports to work, then I realised the Camera wasnt working, now realised the blu tooth is gone as well. Only thing that seemed to change before was a security update. I have tried updating drivers, and uninstalling the camera and...