Windows 10: Camera not working

Discus and support Camera not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, my camera is not working, it's an intel avstream camera, i updated the drivers, but still not working. Can you help me?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by esposim, Nov 29, 2020.

1. esposim Win User

Camera not working

Hi, my camera is not working, it's an intel avstream camera, i updated the drivers, but still not working. Can you help me?

:)

esposim, Nov 29, 2020

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Nov 29, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Camera not working

Hi Khem,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible cause why your camera is not working properly. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, could you provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you tried updating your webcam driver?
    • What is the make and model of you tablet?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in these articles on how to troubleshoot your camera:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Camera not working

Camera does not work.

To isolate your concern, we suggest that you uninstall the camera through Device Manager. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Device
      Manager
      and press Enter.
    • Navigate to Imaging devices.
    • Expand the Imaging devices tree by clicking on the adjacent arrow.
    • Look for your device, right-click then select Properties.
    • Click on the Driver tab, then choose Uninstall button.

Let the system restarts to complete the process. Take note that the camera may not work if there are other applications which are still open that uses the same device, we suggest that after uninstalling the device you can proceed with launching the application
    to check if the issue persists.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Sher Amo, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Camera not working

1. Camera not working - Similar Threads - Camera working

2. camera won't work must use pin to log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    camera won't work must use pin to log in: Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-wont-work-must-use-pin-to-log-in/1b420842-a39b-41b0-bd5a-646294dd3db5
  3. Camera is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera is not working: As you guys asked me for the laptop's model name and other info , here it is : Acer One 14 Pentium Gold Model no. - Z2-485 And in the device manager i cannot find any driver related to the camera. As you suggested me if still none of this works I should download...
  4. Camera SPCA2082 does not work. The recommended driver Version 10.0.19041.488, date...

Camera SPCA2082 does not work. The recommended driver Version 10.0.19041.488, date...: Hello Community, The Camera SPCA2082 in my just from second-hand bought acer Aspire E1-772G does not work. The best driver as properties-window of device-manager says - version 10.0.19041.488, date 21.06.2006 is not the right one. The error code is...
  5. Microsoft Book 2 camera don't work

Microsoft Book 2 camera don't work: When I try to use camera, I see this error message: "Windows Camera App error code 0xA00F4244" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-book-2-camera-dont-work/52bf1e8b-f031-4071-88a7-12047dbe3823
  6. Surface Pro 6 Cameras not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 6 Cameras not working: Hello I have a Surface pro 6 with Windows 10 Enterprise. This thing has always worked great and I love it. I recently wiped the drive clean and did a fresh install and now my front and bac cameras do not work. It keeps saying STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE. I tried a recovery...
  7. My microphone, camera and airplane mode buttons do not work. All other buttons on the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone, camera and airplane mode buttons do not work. All other buttons on the...: Some time ago it was working fine, but when i tried turning on my microphone it didn't work. Same for the camera. If any of you could help me in this situation, I'd highly appreciate it....
  8. My microphone, camera and airplane mode do not work. All other buttons on the laptop work.

My microphone, camera and airplane mode do not work. All other buttons on the laptop work.: Some time ago it was working fine, but when i tried turning on my microphone it didn't work. Same for the camera. If any of you could help me in this situation, I'd highly appreciate it....
  9. Camera is not working

Camera is not working: Split from this thread. my camera it is not working l need help wirt my camera comments https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-is-not-working/cfda38ad-5195-40b4-8230-ebb465adf97a
  10. Camera and microphone not working!

Camera and microphone not working!: Any help would be greatly appreciated I'm having trouble with my camera and microphone and keep getting an error when trying to use facebook messenger or any video chat platform. i have allowed all access to the apps that need it but can not get it working. I have...