Windows 10: camera not working

Discus and support camera not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i got a new camera but it doesnt seems to be working i cant even found the manufacturer name it was working yesterday but when i started it again it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jhandy MarkMiranda, May 4, 2021 at 11:07 PM.

1. camera not working

i got a new camera but it doesnt seems to be working i cant even found the manufacturer name it was working yesterday but when i started it again it wont work now it says on settings it says driver is unaivailable but i cant find the driver for it the brand is OEM general webcam

:)

Jhandy MarkMiranda, May 4, 2021 at 11:07 PM

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, May 4, 2021 at 11:10 PM
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Camera not working

Hi Khem,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible cause why your camera is not working properly. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, could you provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you tried updating your webcam driver?
    • What is the make and model of you tablet?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in these articles on how to troubleshoot your camera:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

4. Sher Amo Win User

camera not working

Camera does not work.

To isolate your concern, we suggest that you uninstall the camera through Device Manager. To do this, follow the steps below:

• In the Search box, type Device
      Manager
      and press Enter.
    • Navigate to Imaging devices.
    • Expand the Imaging devices tree by clicking on the adjacent arrow.
    • Look for your device, right-click then select Properties.
    • Click on the Driver tab, then choose Uninstall button.

Let the system restarts to complete the process. Take note that the camera may not work if there are other applications which are still open that uses the same device, we suggest that after uninstalling the device you can proceed with launching the application
    to check if the issue persists.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Thema:

camera not working

1. camera not working - Similar Threads - camera working

2. Camera does not work in Browser based apps but works with downloaded apps such as Zoom/Teams

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera does not work in Browser based apps but works with downloaded apps such as Zoom/Teams: Hi there,I have been having this weird issue of camera not working in browser based apps, Google meet video conferencing and Honor Lock proctoring app for exams. When I open the camera app the image is on for one second and then black out for a few seconds.I'm using Chrome...
  3. Laptop's inbuild camera is not working Device VivoBook_AsusLaptop X409JA_X409JA

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop's inbuild camera is not working Device VivoBook_AsusLaptop X409JA_X409JA: Hi Team,My Laptop's inbuild camera is not working. It's not working for any apps like Microsoft Teams or Zoom as well as the inbuild camera app. It is giving me a picture of a camera with cancel sign, after showing that your front camera is on. I have attached the error page...
  4. Getting various camera errors and camera isn't working- Surface Pro

Getting various camera errors and camera isn't working- Surface Pro: My camera stopped working abruptly and I've tried various things to address it, most recently a reset of Windows. That did nothing. However, it did change the error message. Now it's 0xA00F4244<nocamerasareattached>. Before it was something else that I neglected to write...
  5. my camera is not working

my camera is not working: i have checked the updates its is also not working on any apps , my laptop model is lenovo idea pad s340 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-is-not-working/57e9d251-3bdb-4c19-a139-028e90872499
  6. I just received this computer to work with and the camera is not installed?

I just received this computer to work with and the camera is not installed?: How do I install the webcam feature?ThanksTracy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-received-this-computer-to-work-with-and-the/6e0e2bf9-c489-4fb4-9dc3-ff945cd27a9a
  7. Camera not working

Camera not working: Hello, I have an ASUS laptop with the following specs:Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHzInstalled RAM 8.00 GB 5.95 GB usableDevice ID 9832CDAA-2C41-4AC9-A137-3EEB75C813C0Product ID 00325-81933-82029-AAOEMSystem type 64-bit...
  8. My camera isn't working. Error code: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

My camera isn't working. Error code: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>: Hello,My windows 10 Pro Lenovo E40's built-in camera is not working. I know an important thing that my camera drivers are missing, but I deleted my camera drivers because it was not working at that time, but I was not able to reinstall them due to some reason... Any way.Now...
  9. camera& mic not work in my laptop

camera& mic not work in my laptop: camera& mic not work in my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-mic-not-work-in-my-laptop/18f34486-29b5-42a2-a958-4a2f0611da2e
  10. Camera is not working in Win10 in all apps.

Camera is not working in Win10 in all apps.: Hey there! My camera recently stopped working, the app doesn't show anything except black screen no interface, no gui, no grid, just pure black, and when I open it on zoom, the app crashes. What should I do to fix this?...