Windows 10: Camera on Lenova computer not working

Discus and support Camera on Lenova computer not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My parents' Lenova ideapad 330S laptop's camera is not working. There was another similar question/thread in August that asked hte same thing. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by georgeklaus3, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Camera on Lenova computer not working

My parents' Lenova ideapad 330S laptop's camera is not working. There was another similar question/thread in August that asked hte same thing. The feedback that "Aditya/Microsoft support person" responded with was:

Type Lenovo Vantage in Windows Search or click on the green battery icon in the right side of the taskbar

Then click on the arrow beside Devices and select My Device Settings.

Now click on Camera and toggle the switch to Off beside Camera Privacy Mode.

I have checked all these things but in the Lenovo Vantage tool, it doesn't provide the Camera Privacy Mode option... so I can't toggle the switch to Off.

I can toggle F8 back and forth and it shows a mini icon that the camera is OFF and ON but the camera icon on the actual "Camera tool/application" shows the picture of a camera with a diaganol line through the camera such that the camera feature just doesn't work on the laptop.

My parents bought the laptop about a year ago - it looks brand new. My elderly mom uses the camera feature/function to do her virtual Yoga sessions with her instructor. Can you help us troubleshoot this issue to help her getting back to do this important and healthy activity that she loves doing a few times a week?

Thank you,

George son

:)

georgeklaus3, Nov 17, 2020

2. Lenova easy camera

Hi Ted,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur when the Camera driver is not installed properly or may be driver is outdated.

I suggest you to download the latest driver Lenova easy camera from the manufacturer’s website and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds008189

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Lenova easy camera

Does anyone know when Lenova is going to update camera drivers to include windows 10?

TedFordson, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Camera on Lenova computer not working

camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

Camera on Lenova computer not working

1. Camera on Lenova computer not working - Similar Threads - Camera Lenova computer

2. how to turn on the camera of my Lenova?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to turn on the camera of my Lenova?: i just got a Lenova Laptop and I cant turn on the camera. Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-on-the-camera-of-my-lenova/19b5fd53-4d1f-4ffd-9258-9d5fee9cfca6
  3. Wifi not working on Lenova H535s

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi not working on Lenova H535s: My Lenova H535s desktop does not show any WiFi networks. Works OK on Ethernet cable. Have tried all the usual fixes like updating all the drivers via Lenova web site, resetting the network adapters etc., and running network commands netsh winsock reset etc, but to no avail....
  4. Wifi not working on Lenova H535s

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi not working on Lenova H535s: The Wifi on my Lenova desktop H535s has stopped working. Ethernet works OK but no WiFi. Latest Windows 10 update installed is: Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2. [B]Hardware & Connection properties: Name:Ethernet Description:Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller...
  5. Camera on Lenovo computer not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera on Lenovo computer not working: A few weeks ago, my camera stopped working. I need my camera to work for school. I have a Lenovo ideapad 330S-15IKB. Whenever I try to use the camera app on my computer, use Zoom, or google Meets. It shows this image: [ATTACH] The camera light is on, but this is all it...
  6. integrated camera on Lenova laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    integrated camera on Lenova laptop: Thought my camera wasn't working on my Lenevo laptop. I tried all the suggestions and even uninstalled and reinstalled it with no luck. I still had a snowy screen. I haven't had the laptop about a week and happened to look at the top front above the screen and saw a real...
  7. new lenova ideapad S340 laptop camera only black screen

new lenova ideapad S340 laptop camera only black screen: I bought Lenovo Ideapad S340 in Feb 2020. all fine but camera shows only a black screen. Tried it on Webex and Zoom. I can see others, they cannot see me. I tried unistall, reinstall any suggestions Thanks...
  8. Lenova Yoga Camera

Lenova Yoga Camera: How can I get the camera to work on a Lenovo Yoga. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenova-yoga-camera/c8f72fef-5a62-4651-ad4c-7938d427cc89
  9. Computer camera stopped working

Computer camera stopped working: Hi! My computer camera stopped working...keep getting an error stating "we can't find your camera..." error code 0xA00F4244 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-camera-stopped-working/fe059b5e-06f4-406e-911d-42304a466912
  10. lenova

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lenova: why does my Lenovo laptop keep freezing up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenova/861752e8-c4be-46b2-9c9b-2cd35e2e1e4d