Windows 10: Camera on Lenovo Y50 laptop now working after reset

Discus and support Camera on Lenovo Y50 laptop now working after reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I reset my laptop a lenovo y50 because I was thinking of selling it - main thing was it had got very slow the camera hadn't worked in years since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gingerbap40, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Camera on Lenovo Y50 laptop now working after reset

I reset my laptop a lenovo y50 because I was thinking of selling it - main thing was it had got very slow the camera hadn't worked in years since windows 10 was introduced. So I decided to see how it worked after the reset and fantastic the camera now works and it is now no longer slow so I am not going to sell it.

:)

gingerbap40, Jun 11, 2019

2. Lenovo Y50 UHD Speakers not working since upgrading

I just got a Lenovo Y50-70 touch.

and I was weary about installing windows 10 since I have Wi-Fi and audio drops and had to constantly keep restarting my Dell Inspiron 7000 series I hear it is a constant issue with windows 10.

here are the Drivers for Windows 10 for Lenovo Y50

laptops and netbooks :: lenovo y series laptops :: y50 70 notebook lenovo - FR

I installed these yesterday and everything seems to be running fine.

hope this helps.

let me know if it works for you!.

LuisMarcial Chavira, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Missing drivers for in windows 10 on my lenovo y50

Hi Logan,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10 Technical Preview.

Older drivers can be installed in compatibility mode in Windows 10 Technical preview. Since this is just a preview version, specific drivers are not likely to be available.

Download the required drivers from the below link.

Nvidia Video Driver for Windows 8.1 (64-bit) - Lenovo Y50-70, Y50-70 Touch - FR

Refer the steps to install the driver in compatibility mode:

• Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties.

• Select Compatibility Tab.

• Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.

• Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.

Hope this is helpful. Feel free to write to us for further assistance with Windows.

Tushar Tiwari, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Camera on Lenovo Y50 laptop now working after reset

Lenovo Y50 Windows 10 BSOD Driver_power_state_failure

Hi Redsoxaholic,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you've been facing issues with the BSOD. We will look into this for you.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue and adding the dump files link. Based on our analysis of the Dump files, it appears that the issue is with the drivers for the Power Management and the Display.

The problem can be caused by power setting issues. So change the power settings to see if this resolves the problem.

Method 1: PCI Link State Power Management Settings.

Follow the steps to turn off power saving to fix Driver Power State Failure.

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. View by Small icons and select Power Options.
    3. Click Change advanced power settings.
    4. Expand Wireless Adapter Settings and Power Saving Mode, then change the setting to Maximum Performance.
    5. Expand PCI Express and Link State Power Management, then change the setting to Maximum power savings.
    6. Click Apply then OK.
    Reboot your computer to check to see if the Driver Power State Failure error is gone.

Method 2: Update the Drivers.

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to update the respective drivers and check if it works for you. You can check the article to
    update drivers in Windows 10. Kindly follow this article with respect to the Power Management
    Drivers and Display Adapters, you can also update the drivers from the system
    manufacturer's
    website
    . In case your system is using a dedicated graphics card, you can download and install the drivers from the Graphic card manufacturer's website and check if that helps.

You can get the latest drivers for your Laptop here:
    laptops and netbooks :: lenovo y series laptops :: y50 70 notebook lenovo Lenovo PC Support - FR=

Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Camera on Lenovo Y50 laptop now working after reset

1. Camera on Lenovo Y50 laptop now working after reset - Similar Threads - Camera Lenovo Y50

2. Lenovo Camera Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Camera Not Working: Hello,I have an ideapad 3 with windows 11. For whatever reason my camera isnt working.Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-camera-not-working/76c4d254-02d8-40a2-8282-362a3f4a3709
  3. Lenovo Camera Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Camera Not Working: Hello,I have an ideapad 3 with windows 11. For whatever reason my camera isnt working.Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-camera-not-working/76c4d254-02d8-40a2-8282-362a3f4a3709
  4. Camera on Laptop is not working after Resetting Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera on Laptop is not working after Resetting Windows: Hi all, I'm using a Asus TUF Gaming which has Windows 10 64-bit . After a while I felt like my laptop is running slow so I decided to perform a Windows Reset. When it finished the precess, everything were working perfectly fine, except for my Integrated Camera. When I try to...
  5. Camera on Laptop is not working after Resetting Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera on Laptop is not working after Resetting Windows: Hi all, I'm using a Asus TUF Gaming which has Windows 10 64-bit . After a while I felt like my laptop is running slow so I decided to perform a Windows Reset. When it finished the precess, everything were working perfectly fine, except for my Integrated Camera. When I try to...
  6. Camera on Laptop is not working after Resetting Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Camera not working on laptop Lenovo YOGA

Camera not working on laptop Lenovo YOGA: I have tried all these different suggestions I have found online to make my camera work, and it still doesn't. When I try to use the camera for videos or to take pictures or to use Zoom, all I get is a black screen. Help please!...
  8. Lenovo y50-70

Lenovo y50-70: Hi got problem with lenovo y50-70 f4 button stopped workin all look fine tried to reinstall windows again didnt helped all other buttons work fine only f4 doesnt react. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-y50-70/309911f8-71a4-443b-b0e6-c769ff07c353
  9. Lenovo Y50-70 HD4600 Nvidia

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Lenovo Y50-70 HD4600 Nvidia: I have the laptop in the subject w/the mentioned graphics. I constantly get the intel 4600 crashing and restarting immediately. it's not that big a deal....just annoying. I always get the 'driver for w8 failed....blah blah blah' I went to get the the W10 driver but windows...
  10. Lenovo Y50-70 wifi issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lenovo Y50-70 wifi issues: I have Lenovo Y50-70 UHD and i have installed Windows 10 64-bit version. Everything is perfect except for the wifi. I have installed these two drivers that lenovo suggests Screenshot but still my connecition is extremely slow. My network adapter is Broadcom 802.11ac .I also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo y50 camera not working