Windows 10: Camera Privacy blocking camera's

Discus and support Camera Privacy blocking camera's in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. We have an application that takes photo's of our finished product labels. We use an application called Webcam7 which is supported on Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Karl Adcock, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Camera Privacy blocking camera's

Hi.

We have an application that takes photo's of our finished product labels.

We use an application called Webcam7 which is supported on Windows 10.

The application connects to four Logitech C615 cameras and the system takes a photo from each of the camera's to give us a 360 degree image of the label.

This all works perfectly in Windows 7

When we upgraded to Windows 10 we can only add 2 camera's to the Webcam7 software.

When we try to add the 3rd camera the application hangs trying to connect to the camera.

The only way we have been able to add the 3rd and subsequently 4th camera is to momentarily disable Camera Privacy in Win10 Settings.

When the software is restarted though there are still only 2 camera's available.

Does someone know how to get around this limitation of 2 webcams?

Many thanks for your time.

Karl Adcock

:)

Karl Adcock, Aug 7, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10 privacy: How are apps inserted into the categories (camera, email, etc.) and then blocked?

I am developing machine control software for machines of my company. The software is currently running under Windows 7 Pro SP1.

Inside these machines, GigE cameras and USB cameras are used. Also, we plan to add an email feedback functionality to report machine status and failures.

We're now migrating to Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (a.k.a. Windows 10 IoT). I am about to set up a reference installation and facing some questions when configuring the privacy settings:

• How does Windows 10 know, that a program accesses hardware (cameras, microphone), in order to list that program in the corresponding category of the privacy settings and possibly block access to the hardware?
    • How does Windows 10 know, that a program can send emails, in order to list it in the email category and possibly block it from sending emails?

Regarding hardware, I can think of blocking access to the hardware driver, but I don't know if this is true.

Regarding emails, I have no idea how Windows does that.

We will probably have to try all that out, but I'd like to configure the Windows installation correctly now, because it will be hard to change settings on many computers at many different customers later.

Tobias Knauss, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Camera Privacy blocking camera's

Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Camera Privacy blocking camera's

1. Camera Privacy blocking camera's - Similar Threads - Camera Privacy blocking

2. Camera and Microphone are blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera and Microphone are blocked: Hi team !My camera is built in camera the light turn green and then automatically it turns off I have checked the security and privacy settings, updated the driver nothing is working .I have given access for both camera and microphone still it is not working Camera keeps...
  3. Camera detection/ Microphone privacy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Camera detection/ Microphone privacy: I've been trying everything even the eternal script of the pc but the privacy settings wont allow my eternally built camera. It was working fine before but now its just not working. The apps it wont allow are the ones i need the most. Zoom as an example doesn't detect a...
  4. Blocked camera

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blocked camera: I just got a lenovo ideapad 330, but it says the camera is blocked, even though it isnt. Ive already unlocked it through settings and looked up for help online, does anyone know how to fix this? submitted by /u/TiTo4Nuke [link] [comments]...
  5. Camera / Privacy Settings Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera / Privacy Settings Issue: Hi everyone, I have a Lenovo Yoga 910 and have been experiencing some trouble with the built-in webcam for quite some time and now as the demand for video conferencing has increased dramatically I am focused on trying to solve this. As I open any app that uses the camera...
  6. CAMERA blocked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CAMERA blocked: My camera apper block, but the camera light look as its activate. Already check and download the camera drivers. Privacy settings, Windows Update and Restart. I really use a lot my camera because of my online classes. Any suggestion it will help me a lot [ATTACH]...
  7. Blocked Camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked Camera: Hello! I Have a problem with my webcam i ts built-inin the laptop and it was working properly i searched the web did those tutorials and nothing it didn't occure long ago at least i found it recently I have allowed camera in all of those options but it isn't working and...
  8. Camera blocked?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera blocked?: I need to use my laptop's camera Windows 10 in the upcoming weeks, but it appears to be blocked by some other application. When I open the camera app, there is only a white crossed-out camera symbol on a grey background. The camera doesn't work with other applications, e.g....
  9. No camera option in Settings > Privacy.

in Windows 10 Customization
    No camera option in Settings > Privacy.: Hello, I recently bought a Microsoft HD-3000 webcam and I cannot use it because there is no option in settings to allow other apps to use the camera. There is actually no tab called Camera....
  10. Camera Privacy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera Privacy: [ATTACH]I don't have any other apps showing up in my camera privacy setting.Only windows and Microsoft apps are showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-privacy/db4ca81b-bdfa-4c7d-a7e3-f52e501db094