Windows 10: 'CAMERA ROLL' FOLDER- PURPOSE OF?

Discus and support 'CAMERA ROLL' FOLDER- PURPOSE OF? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What is so special about a pre-designated 'CAMERA-ROLL' folder as opposed to a new, freshly created folder, just renamed: MY PHOTO?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GLYNJONES_931, Aug 12, 2020.

1. 'CAMERA ROLL' FOLDER- PURPOSE OF?

What is so special about a pre-designated 'CAMERA-ROLL' folder as opposed to a new, freshly created folder, just renamed: MY PHOTO?

:)

GLYNJONES_931, Aug 12, 2020

2. camera roll

Hi Rosalyn,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps for arranging the camera pictures in recent order and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+E” it will open file explorer.
    • Go to “This PC” and click on “pictures folder”.
    • Then click on “camera roll folder”.
    • And right click on the empty space and select “sort by” option.
    • Then select ascending option.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Camera Roll folder. Pictures folder, OneDrive folder and Photo app

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to know the purpose of camera roll folder in Windows 10.

The collection of photos and videos you have taken is called your camera roll. Photos and videos captured using the Camera app with your PC/device's built-in camera or webcam are saved to the Camera Roll folder in your Pictures library by default. If you
    like, you can also save any image or video file into your Camera Roll folder as well.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 12, 2020
  4. 'CAMERA ROLL' FOLDER- PURPOSE OF?

camera roll in surface 4, windows 10

Hello gillesmousseau,

Your error code indicates that the camera app is unable to create the file, this usually indicates that there is a permissions issue with your currently logged in user being able to write to the "Camera Roll" folder.

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, I'd recommend following the steps in this article to troubleshoot camera issues on Windows 10.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

'CAMERA ROLL' FOLDER- PURPOSE OF?

1. 'CAMERA ROLL' FOLDER- PURPOSE OF? - Similar Threads - 'CAMERA ROLL' FOLDER

2. all files in camera roll folder gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    all files in camera roll folder gone: Hello, recently I just found out that my camera roll folder has gone completely blank, and there are no files inside whatsoever, I have not transferred anything recently, I did not delete anything and for some reason, it's gone. I have managed to find a few of the photos on...
  3. all files in camera roll folder gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all files in camera roll folder gone: Hello, recently I just found out that my camera roll folder has gone completely blank, and there are no files inside whatsoever, I have not transferred anything recently, I did not delete anything and for some reason, it's gone. I have managed to find a few of the photos on...
  4. all files in camera roll folder gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Camera roll folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera roll folder: How to organise camera roll without date folders. Can't find this setting anywhere in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-roll-folder/7030f0c2-ed44-429a-9c33-3c9fd9418032
  6. Camera roll folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera roll folder: How to organise camera roll without date folders. Can't find this setting anywhere in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-roll-folder/7030f0c2-ed44-429a-9c33-3c9fd9418032
  7. Save pictures taken with Windows 10 Camera in the Camera roll folder

in Windows 10 News
    Save pictures taken with Windows 10 Camera in the Camera roll folder: [ATTACH]By default, Photos and videos captured via the built-in camera of Windows 10 devices […] This article Save pictures taken with Windows 10 Camera in the Camera roll folder first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Camera Roll

Camera Roll: Hello, I am trying to print multiple photos on one page. This is not available through pictures and when I tried to look at camera roll the pictures were not there to choose but the ability to print multiple is... How do I get my photos on camera roll from pictures, or how...
  9. Camera Roll

Camera Roll: Photos taken using this Laptop used to be available from a box in the camera window; now they are there until the Camera window is closed and then there is a msg. saying "You haven't captured anything recently. Open the Photos app..... Earlier today they were not there...
  10. Onedrive camera roll.

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive camera roll.: I have a folder in onedrive named camera roll. The last 2 days I took pictures with my iphone (5s). Yesterday my iphone onedrive app put the pictures in a new folder named camera roll 1, today it put pictures in a new folder named camera roll 2. Can anybody explain why this...