Windows 10: Camera rotation on camera app

Discus and support Camera rotation on camera app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using the camera app and my webcam as a visualiser for teaching. However, as I have docked it, I need to rotate the image as the camera is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SiobhanWalker, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Camera rotation on camera app

Hi, I'm using the camera app and my webcam as a visualiser for teaching. However, as I have docked it, I need to rotate the image as the camera is upside down. There doesn't seem to be this feature available on the camera app in Windows.........any suggestions?!

Many thanks,

:)

SiobhanWalker, Aug 30, 2020

2. How to Rotate Camera?

Rotation of Camera app is based on rotation of your screen, meaning if you rotate your screen (and if this feature is supported), then your Camera app will be rotated to adjust with it.

If this is requirement you need, you may open start and search for feedback and open Feedback Hub app and suggest this feature to be able to rotate Camera app without rotating the screen.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Aug 30, 2020
  3. Tactless Win User
    YourPhone Desktop Camera Rotation

When using Your Phone on Windows 10 every screen except the camera will rotate according to the orientation of my Android phone.

What needs to be done to resolve this?

• There is no rotation option on the windows app or in the phone's camera settings.
    • Using apps such as Messenger will be in landscape while I'm reading the conversations but as soon as I try to start a video chat or take a photo (even within the app), Your Phone rotates back to portrait view and displays the camera rotated counterclockwise
      by 90°. - The bottom of the phone is facing the right side of Your Phone app's display.
    I've tried:

1. Resetting camera settings in my phone
    2. searching for camera options in Windows 10
    3. uninstalling Your Phone and Phone Companion from the respective devices and reinstalling the app.

Tactless, Aug 30, 2020
  4. goblinbox Win User

Camera rotation on camera app

Change the camera that the Windows 10 camera app uses.

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/camera-app-faq:

1. Open the Camera app.
    2. Swipe in from the bottom edge to see the app commands.
      (If you're using a mouse, right-click within the app.)
    3. Tap or click the Change camera button.

goblinbox, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Camera rotation on camera app

1. Camera rotation on camera app - Similar Threads - Camera rotation camera

2. Rotate Camera in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rotate Camera in Windows 10: In Windows 11, there is an option in the settings to rotate the camera. This rotation will be applied to any program that uses the camera, even if the rotation option is not available in that application. Any third-party software that supports camera rotation does this...
  3. Rotate Camera in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rotate Camera in Windows 10: In Windows 11, there is an option in the settings to rotate the camera. This rotation will be applied to any program that uses the camera, even if the rotation option is not available in that application. Any third-party software that supports camera rotation does this...
  4. Rotate Camera in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't rotate USB camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't rotate USB camera: I have moved house and have to set up my USB camera to hang upside down from a shelf in my new place. This turns my webcam image upside down. While I do have manycam I can not rely on this as a work around as one of the sites I have to work on does not support webcam feeds...
  6. Can't rotate USB camera

Can't rotate USB camera: I have moved house and have to set up my USB camera to hang upside down from a shelf in my new place. This turns my webcam image upside down. While I do have manycam I can not rely on this as a work around as one of the sites I have to work on does not support webcam feeds...
  7. Can't rotate USB camera

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How To Rotate Windows Camera?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How To Rotate Windows Camera?: The internal Camera app in Windows 10 used to have a Camera Rotation feature, but Microsoft took it away, because their motto is "If it ain't broke, break it." I saw them post on here saying the users didn't need that feature because now Rotation is automatic. But I need it....
  9. Camera Rotation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera Rotation: Help I have a Acer One 10 Tablet i dont use my camera much but today i wanted to use it and i have a problem with it the camera screen only will rotate to 90 Degrees and it will not do a 180 Degree so when i try to take a photo it is showing 90 degree facing the left. any...
  10. Camera is rotate 180 degrees

Camera is rotate 180 degrees: I have a acer aspire 7741Z and my camera is 180 degrees, I tried to fix but I can find how to rotate the camera. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-is-rotate-180-degrees/ac12077e-1b12-4ab0-b872-d2052f002062