Windows 10: Camera Seemed to Open Randomly

Discus and support Camera Seemed to Open Randomly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The Camera app on my Asus Windows 10 laptop seemed to open randomly today. I had Firefox open, but I just had Youtube and a Google search tabs active.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EverythingElseDustin, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Camera Seemed to Open Randomly

The Camera app on my Asus Windows 10 laptop seemed to open randomly today. I had Firefox open, but I just had Youtube and a Google search tabs active. I have Norton Security and the free version of Malwarebytes; Norton didn't detect anything and a scan with both apps turned up nothing. I'm super careful with this laptop because I use it for school and work, so I don't use it to visit any unknown sites or any naughty known sites (if ya know what I mean). I also use Ad Block Plus with "acceptable" ads turned off.

So I can only think of four possibilities; I experienced a strange glitch, there's a keyboard shortcut to open the camera app that I accidentally tripped, I somehow got a virus that Norton and Malwarbytes can't detect, or someone at the NSA wanted to try to get a peak.

Any insights, especially as to whether or not there's a keyboard shortcut to open the camera app (Asus or Windows)?

submitted by /u/EverythingElseDustin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EverythingElseDustin, Feb 17, 2020

2. Camera is not opening

Hi Hardik,

One of the possible reasons why the camera is not opening after the update is the antivirus software that's blocking it or it could be that the driver is outdated.

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps listed on this
    link. The link contains troubleshooting steps such as checking the antivirus and the outdated webcam driver.

Kindly update us with the result and let us know if you need further help.

Eileen Gal, Feb 17, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    camera not opening

Hello,

We understand that after a Windows 10 update, your camera stopped working properly. This issue may have occurred due to corrupted drivers. For us to help you with this, kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you getting an error message whenever you try to open photos or start the camera?
    • What is the current build and version number of your Windows 10? To check, press the Windows key, type
      winver, and press the Enter key.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check this
    article
    and perform the troubleshooting steps given to see if there will be any changes on your Windows 10 camera.

Kindly get back to us.

Xylee Del, Feb 17, 2020
  4. Camera Seemed to Open Randomly

camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

Camera Seemed to Open Randomly

1. Camera Seemed to Open Randomly - Similar Threads - Camera Seemed Open

2. CAMERA NOT OPEN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CAMERA NOT OPEN: CAMERA NOT WORKING SO PLEASE SOLVE THE PROBLEM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-open/cd7f308a-6052-4d6d-8433-d7164c497510
  3. CAMERA NOT OPEN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CAMERA NOT OPEN: CAMERA NOT WORKING SO PLEASE SOLVE THE PROBLEM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-open/cd7f308a-6052-4d6d-8433-d7164c497510
  4. Seemingly random resets on laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Seemingly random resets on laptop.: Title says it all really, my laptop randomly resets. Below is how it says my specs in settings. Specs: Processor AMD Ryzen 3 2200U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.50 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB Device ID ____________ Product ID _____________ System Type 64-bit operating system,...
  5. Seemingly Random BSOD's

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Seemingly Random BSOD's: Hi everyone, I've had a problem for a while with my computer where it seems to randomly Blue Screen. I've been trying to figure out what's been going on for a while when I was finally directed to the Event Viewer. Here was the latest BSOD error I had. The computer has...
  6. Seemingly Random Restarts

Seemingly Random Restarts: I've recently been having an issue with my PC that I built. I have an IntelR CoreTM i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70 GHz, 16 GB Ram, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, and I have an ASUS Motherboard. I have a watercooler along with 5 other fans installed to the case. There was a lot of careful care...
  7. Seemingly random BSOD's

Seemingly random BSOD's: Hey! So I made a new build back in September, and have been getting what seems to be random BSOD's since. It varies, but it happens once or twice a day, on average. It might be a coincidence, but it does not seem to happen while gaming. I have tried updating various drivers...
  8. seemingly random freezing of computer

seemingly random freezing of computer: Any help with how to access the log files that might indicate why the computer is freezing It is a brand new install of Windows 10 on a SSD drive, ive tried to update all the drivers and bios... tried some of the usual chkdsk, repair, memory check etc... everything seems to...
  9. Seemingly Random BSoD

Seemingly Random BSoD: Hello, I bought a Laptop about six months ago, and immediatly expirienced crashes. They happen seemingly at random. No matter what I'm doing, and the error on the BSoD has given a variaty of reasons over the months. I've done two or three clean installs of windows 10 and...
  10. Hard Freeze's that seem random

Hard Freeze's that seem random: Hi there, For a little while now I have had trouble with my computer locking up randomly, this usually occurs while I am watching a video of some sort or playing a video game. But I have also come back to it being on with nothing running only to find it has locked up...