Windows 10: Camera selection on start-up

Discus and support Camera selection on start-up in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I use my Dell laptop on the docking station the facial recognition cannot find the built in camera but it does not transfer to the external camera... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AlanMoffat1, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Camera selection on start-up

When I use my Dell laptop on the docking station the facial recognition cannot find the built in camera but it does not transfer to the external camera I also have connected. However when the computer goes into lock through no use and I then return and it looks for a camera it immediately uses the external camera and scans my face then the computer opens for use. My question is how can I set the computer to use the external camera when it is connected to the docking station on first start-up? I am using Windows 11 and the Dell computer is a XPS13 9370.Alan

:)

AlanMoffat1, Aug 16, 2022
  2. spunk Win User

Dell camera driver

• To open up your webcam or camera, select the Start Windows logo Start button button, and then select Camera in the list of apps.
    • If you want to use the camera within other apps, select the Start Windows logo Start button button, select Settings Gear-shaped Settings icon > Privacy > Camera, and then turn on Let apps use my camera. 
    • From there, turn on each of the listed apps where you want to use the camera. Test your camera here
    Webcam Test

spunk, Aug 16, 2022
  3. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Aug 16, 2022
  4. Camera selection on start-up

I purchased a Lenovo Yoga3 and camera doesn't work

Hi Jane,

To assist you better, answer the below questions

• What is the exact error/message you get?
    • Which app are you using to access the camera?
    I suggest try you below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the hardware device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the Camera driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.
    • Select the Camera driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Camera driver and click on Update driver Software.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you

Ashwin V S, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

Camera selection on start-up

1. Camera selection on start-up - Similar Threads - Camera selection start

2. selective start up cant change to normal start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    selective start up cant change to normal start up: discovered this issue by chance trying to figure out why the start up was slowerin msconfig its starting in selective start up, when i click normal start up and reboot no warning or notice to do so as it should, goes back to selective start up each timealso the apply button...
  3. selective start up cant change to normal start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    selective start up cant change to normal start up: discovered this issue by chance trying to figure out why the start up was slowerin msconfig its starting in selective start up, when i click normal start up and reboot no warning or notice to do so as it should, goes back to selective start up each timealso the apply button...
  4. Camera selection on start-up

Camera selection on start-up: When I use my Dell laptop on the docking station the facial recognition cannot find the built in camera but it does not transfer to the external camera I also have connected. However when the computer goes into lock through no use and I then return and it looks for a camera...
  5. Camera starting up slowly

Camera starting up slowly: my camera app in windows 10 takes some time to start up even when being using in Microsoft's apps such as skype. when it is used in applications like zoom , many times it shows a black screen while other times , it causes the application to not respond i.e. : zoom stops...
  6. camera starting up slowly

camera starting up slowly: my camera app in windows 10 takes some time to start up even when being using in Microsoft's apps such as skype. when it is used in applications like zoom , many times it shows a black screen while other times , it causes the application to not respond i.e. : zoom stops...
  7. "camera starting up" but never actually starts up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "camera starting up" but never actually starts up: When I try to use anything that requires use of my laptop's camera google meets, zoom, cyberlink youcam, camera app, etc, the camera never turns on. I've already checked for updates for my laptop and for the drivers, as well as made sure that my privacy settings allowed use...
  8. camera not working on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    camera not working on start up: camera recognition not working on the startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-working-on-start-up/fe8b7309-2f43-4238-b552-10a9df2fa2c3
  9. windiws start up camera

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windiws start up camera: on start up, it says opening camera for about 10-15 seconds then says could not turn camera on, use login password. that works fine. went into the signin options and tried to reset up the hello screen and it said there also "could not start up camera" this is a windows 10...
  10. Normal Start Up OR Selective Start Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Normal Start Up OR Selective Start Up: Another thread prompted me to have a look see at msconfig. To my surprise I find I'm operating with "Selective Start UP: [img] Only twice has this machine been accessed by someone other than myself, 1. A Microsoft Tech (3rd party) for Office installation and 2. A...