Windows 10: Camera settings

Discus and support Camera settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using my Windows 10 laptop for about 6 months and the camera has always been perfect. It always adjusted it's brightness and contrast to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PromiseMdluli, May 8, 2019.

1. Camera settings

I have been using my Windows 10 laptop for about 6 months and the camera has always been perfect. It always adjusted it's brightness and contrast to the light in the room. However, yesterday windows updated itself and my camera now is too bright. I have tried to adjust the brightness on the camera app, but whenever I use Skype or any other app it goes back to its default settings of being too bright. When it's bright, the image is not clear, its fussy. When I decrease the brightness the image becomes clearer, but it too dark.

On top of all of that, this morning when I was trying to fix it again, the image kept on alternating between being clear and unclear without me doing anything.

Please help me fix this problem. I need the camera for work.

:)

PromiseMdluli, May 8, 2019
Thema:

Camera settings

1. Camera settings - Similar Threads - Camera settings

2. How to set USB camera as default?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set USB camera as default?: Help me to disable my build-in camera and set USB camera as default on Skype? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-usb-camera-as-default/620ac9d5-6253-4099-92c1-99c1e874396d
  3. Microsoft Camera Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Camera Settings: Where are the settings for the installed Camera App? When I click to open camera the picture appears with a blueish hue. The only setting I see is for brightness and HDR. No filters or anything....
  4. Set USB camera as the Default video device in Skype

Set USB camera as the Default video device in Skype: how to disable my build in cam and use my usb cam on skype? ***Original title: How to disable my build in cam and use my usb cam on skype?***...
  5. Cannot use camera and microphone because “settings are managed by your organisation”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot use camera and microphone because “settings are managed by your organisation”: I cannot use camera and microphone because the system states that "Some settings are hidden or managed by your organisation". It is my home computer and it is not part of any ‘organisation’....
  6. Camera shows black & white screen when setting up Windows Hello after reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Camera shows black & white screen when setting up Windows Hello after reset: Hello, my 2 month old Dell Inspiron 7000 2 in 1 has some Windows Hello Problems. Answers will be highly appreciated. The Windows Hello Camera Currently is Black and White. This has happened to me multiple times, and I have tried resetting my PC, Updating, Reinstalling, and...
  7. camera settings error

camera settings error: when I click on the settings in the camera I get the following error 0xA00F4240<unknown>(0x80004003) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-settings-error/9de6d272-af71-4f54-ad70-453eb2ef04e9
  8. Setting up a webcam as the camera default

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Setting up a webcam as the camera default: I just installed the Logitech C270 webcam. I would like my computer to default to it on startup so that I can use the Windows Hello facial recognition to automatically get me through the sign in process (Windows 10). The Device Manager registers the webcam as an imaging...
  9. camera settings for Skype

in Windows 10 Customization
    camera settings for Skype: In trying to make a video call on Skype, it gives me a message that says Skype needs permission to use your camera. When checking on my camera settings, it shows that it is on for Skype. What is the problem. The camera has worked in the past....
  10. WIndows 10 Camera settings

WIndows 10 Camera settings: Hi, I was about to modify/change some settings in the Camera app to change storage location and the quality of the photos and videos, but I got and error saying "Something went wrong: if you need it, here's the error code: 0xA00F4240 <unknown> (0x80004003)". I am with Windows...