Windows 10: Camera shows black & white screen when setting up Windows Hello after reset

Discus and support Camera shows black & white screen when setting up Windows Hello after reset in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, my 2 month old Dell Inspiron 7000 2 in 1 has some Windows Hello Problems. Answers will be highly appreciated. The Windows Hello Camera Currently... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by QuestionFan513, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Camera shows black & white screen when setting up Windows Hello after reset

Hello, my 2 month old Dell Inspiron 7000 2 in 1 has some Windows Hello Problems. Answers will be highly appreciated. The Windows Hello Camera Currently is Black and White. This has happened to me multiple times, and I have tried resetting my PC, Updating, Reinstalling, and Disabling the camera. I am running Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview, and this time this problem just appeared when I wanted to reset my PC-I reset my PC for no reason, set it up and set up Windows Hello. That is when this problem occurred.

QuestionFan513

***Original title: Windows Hello Black and White***

:)

QuestionFan513, Jan 9, 2019

2. Black screen after trying to reset back to factory settings. (Windows 10)

Hi Simen,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with black screen issue on Windows 10 . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or display driver is corrupt.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "reset my computer back to factory settings", are you referring that you have tried to perform rolling back to previous Operating System or performed Reset of Windows 10?
    • Are you able to see Windows 10 logo when you switch on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about troubleshooting on black screen related issues and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on black screen issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 9, 2019
  3. my camera app shows a black screen

I did all steps described in your email, but the camera app still shows a black screen. Also skype and other tools do not allow use of the camera

henkde wilde, Jan 9, 2019
  4. mbanandi Win User

Camera shows black & white screen when setting up Windows Hello after reset

my camera app is showing a black screen

my camera app is not responding,it only shows a black screen and crossed white lines.i have tried updating the driver but it is not working.i am using hp envy 6 windows 10

mbanandi, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Camera shows black & white screen when setting up Windows Hello after reset

1. Camera shows black & white screen when setting up Windows Hello after reset - Similar Threads - Camera shows black

2. camera shows black screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera shows black screen.: camera shows black screen. i have check all the settings and update drivers but it still shows only black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-shows-black-screen/39959d61-3384-4776-b798-fcf7229e3ace
  3. White screen when setting up laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    White screen when setting up laptop: I've bought a laptop and I've reset it to its original design, and as i set it up i get to the services screen and a white screen appears, and it stays like that, is there a way to stop this from happening?...
  4. White screen when setting up laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White screen when setting up laptop: I've bought a laptop and I've reset it to its original design, and as i set it up i get to the services screen and a white screen appears, and it stays like that, is there a way to stop this from happening?...
  5. White screen when setting up laptop

6. Screen flashing black and white after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flashing black and white after reset: So I just reset my computer a couple hours ago because I felt I needed to wipe everything because a pop had exploded and the tiniest drop got on a hdd and broke it and my C drive was still working. But after the reset I’ve had it flash black and white and have been unable to...
  7. Screen flashing black and white after reset

Screen flashing black and white after reset: So I just reset my computer a couple hours ago because I felt I needed to wipe everything because a pop had exploded and the tiniest drop got on a hdd and broke it and my C drive was still working. But after the reset I’ve had it flash black and white and have been unable to...
  8. Screen flashing black and white after reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Black screen with cursor/black screen with circling white dots when booting up after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor/black screen with circling white dots when booting up after...: So I bought a pre built pc about a year ago and decided to upgrade my pc’s motherboard as the one that came with the pre built wasn’t great. I replaced the motherboard with a ASUS Prime Z370-AII and installed all the components into the motherboard...however, when I boot up...
  10. Windows Hello Black and White

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Black and White: Hello, my 2 month old Dell Inspiron 7000 2 in 1 has some Windows Hello Problems. Answers will be highly appreciated. The Windows Hello Camera Currently is Black and White. This has happened to me multiple times, and I have tried resetting my PC, Updating, Reinstalling, and...