Windows 10: Camera stopped working after a bit of registry tweaks

Discus and support Camera stopped working after a bit of registry tweaks in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I installed windows 10 a few hours ago using media creation tool. I checked online for windows optimization videos and there were many scripts and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jhaatu69, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Jhaatu69 Win User

Camera stopped working after a bit of registry tweaks

So I installed windows 10 a few hours ago using media creation tool. I checked online for windows optimization videos and there were many scripts and registry tweaks , but since iI rebooted after doing that stuff , my camera app just stucks at the logo and if I try it in safe mode it says camera not detected. Here is the reg file which is think is the culprit as i tested camera before applying this and it worked pretty fine.

;Disables Fullscreen Optimizations, GameDVR and GameBar which is known to cause stutter and low FPS in games. Also fixes most game crashes.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\ApplicationManagement\AllowGameDVR]

"value"="00000000"

;Same as above.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore]

"GameDVR_Enabled"="0"

"GameDVR_FSEBehavior"=dword:00000002

"GameDVR_FSEBehaviorMode"=dword:00000002

;Same as above.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\GameDVR]

"AllowGameDVR"="0"

;Unlocks the ability to modify sleeping CPU cores to improve performance and decrease stutter in games.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\54533251-82be-4824-96c1-47b60b740d00\943c8cb6-6f93-4227-ad87-e9a3feec08d1]

"Attributes"="2"

;Improves system responsiveness and network speed.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile]

"SystemResponsiveness"="00000000"

"NetworkThrottlingIndex"="fffffff"

;Marginally improves GPU performance and provides more power to games.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile\Tasks\Games]

"GPU Priority"="8"

"Priority"="6"

"Scheduling Category"="High"

;Adds the "Copy To..." ability from Windows 7, when you right click files or folders, for easier file management.

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Copy To]

@="{C2FBB630-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}"

;Adds the "Move To..." ability from Windows 7, when you right click files or folders, for easier file management.

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Move To]

@="{C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}"

;Slightly improves RAM management and overall system speed.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]

"AutoEndTasks"="1"

"HungAppTimeout"="1000"

"MenuShowDelay"="8"

"WaitToKillAppTimeout"="2000"

"LowLevelHooksTimeout"="1000"

;Disables unnecessary features present in the Explorer.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]

"NoLowDiskSpaceChecks"=dword:00000001

"LinkResolveIgnoreLinkInfo"=dword:00000001

"NoResolveSearch"=dword:00000001

"NoResolveTrack"=dword:00000001

"NoInternetOpenWith"=dword:00000001

;Speeds up Shut Down time.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control]

"WaitToKillServiceTimeout"="2000"

;Disables mouse smoothing and acceleration for a more pleasent mouse experience and aim.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse]

"MouseSensitivity"="10"

"SmoothMouseXCurve"=hex:\

00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\

C0,CC,0C,00,00,00,00,00,\

80,99,19,00,00,00,00,00,\

40,66,26,00,00,00,00,00,\

"SmoothMouseYCurve"=hex:\

00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,\

00,00,38,00,00,00,00,00,\

00,00,70,00,00,00,00,00,\

00,00,A8,00,00,00,00,00,\

00,00,E0,00,00,00,00,00

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Mouse]

"MouseSpeed"="0"

"MouseThreshold1"="0"

"MouseThreshold2"="0"

So can anyone please pin point out that what exactly could've caused this issue?

:)

Jhaatu69, Feb 8, 2020
  2. sid_freak Win User

camera tweaks

Is there any available tweak to enhance the fps rates of camera of my nokia c5-00.

During googling, i just found out that motorola droid has such tweak..by increasing the bit rate to gain fps..

Please reply

sid_freak, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Tarun1017 Win User
    Registry tweaks

Can someone suggest me a way to safely experiment on the registry keys?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Tarun1017, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Camera stopped working after a bit of registry tweaks

camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Camera stopped working after a bit of registry tweaks

1. Camera stopped working after a bit of registry tweaks - Similar Threads - Camera stopped working

2. camera stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera stopped working: The camera stopped working when using zoom and teams https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-stopped-working/08f8c60f-dda6-46f8-922c-fd3525c1986e
  3. Camera stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera stopped working: I was int he middle of a Zoom meeting when my camera stopped working. Troubleshooting did not work. Any ideas would be helpful. It is giving an error code of 0xA00F244<NoCamerasAreAttached>...
  4. Cannot login to computer after registry tweak

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot login to computer after registry tweak: So I was originally intending to change my user folder; I first logged in with an alternative administrator account, renamed the account folder, and went to Windows + R -> netplwiz -> clicked on properties of my account -> changed it's name to the correct one. I then...
  5. Camera stopped working

Camera stopped working: I have a lenovo x1 carbon gen 5 the camera turns on but there is no image. we rolled back to a previous restore point we rechecked all camera security settings and made sure they were correct we removed and reinstalled the camera drivers we replaced the camera we...
  6. Camera stopped working

Camera stopped working: My camera suddenly stopped working and I searched high and low for a fix. After hours of searching, I found it and it was simple. IF YOU'RE USING A RECENT VERSION OF AN HP LAPTOP, CHECK IF YOU'VE GOT A SO-CALLED 'KILL SWITCH.' THAT'S ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE COMPUTER. IF...
  7. Camera stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera stopped working: My camera worked fine a few days ago. Now I get an error that says 'NoCamerasAreAttached'. It is also not listed in Device Manager. What can I do to get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-stopped-working/198c813f-3e65-4b5b-846b-949005894ee7
  8. Camera stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera stopped working: The camera on my Lenovo laptop running windows 10 won't work more than three seconds on Skype before it shuts off. It doesn't work at all for any other livestreaming. I have restarted my laptop and searched permissions and settings but can't get the camera working. Any advice...
  9. Camera stopped working

Camera stopped working: [ATTACH] Camera stopped working. Light near the camera lens is turned green. Troubleshooting steps made: Camera privacy setting is turned on. Updated driver in Device Manager/ Cameras/ USB2.0 VGA UVC WebCam, restarted laptop. No “stream.sys” found in Properties/ Driver...
  10. Registry tweaks from Win7 that no longer work in 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Registry tweaks from Win7 that no longer work in 10: I have somewhat automated installation process of Windows 7 that works really well, but parts of it don't work in Windows 10. I could use some help. Problem1: At some point during messing around with mounted installation image, I apply various reg tweaks, specifically new...