Windows 10: Camera stopped working after latest update

Discus and support Camera stopped working after latest update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a surface X and all the sudden, face login and camera is not working, may have been a recent update but not certain.Have uninstalled and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MarathonJSS, May 24, 2023.

1. Camera stopped working after latest update

I have a surface X and all the sudden, face login and camera is not working, may have been a recent update but not certain.Have uninstalled and reinstalled all devices under camera, but it has not helped.Any ideas?TIA!

:)

MarathonJSS, May 24, 2023

2. camera not working

Hello,

• Have you tried loading an app like skype or another camera app to see if the camera is working at all?

As an initial troubleshooting, I suggest you to install the latest Windows updates and check if this helps.

Windows Update helps keep your computer up to date with the latest system updates and drivers which can resolve the issue you are facing. You can check Windows Update manually to help ensure you have the latest updates.

• In search type Windows Updates
    • Click on Windows Updates
    • Click on Check for updates and install
      the latest windows updates.
    If the issue still persists, try the methods below and check.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run Windows app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store - Microsoft Support

Method 2:

Follow the steps below:

1. Go to Device Manager > System Devices >
    Camera Sensor
    (update drivers).

2. Go into the Windows Store and update the Camera app.

Kindly get back to us with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, May 24, 2023
  3. Camera Stopped Working

We appreciate your response, Teri. We would like to know if you were able to update your camera driver. If not, we recommend that you update it to make sure that you have the latest driver. We can also us try a different approach in resolving the issue with
    your built-in camera. We suggest that you check this thread and follow the troubleshooting steps provided by
    Karthicka_R.

You may also refer to this article for additional troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue with your
    camera.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, May 24, 2023
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Camera stopped working after latest update

RealSense 3D Camera stopped working after update failed to install

Just to clarify, does the camera stop working after updating to the recent Windows Update on your Windows 10? If so, we recommend that you uninstall this update from your computer and check if it will let the camera working again by performing the steps
    below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Choose Windows Update.
    • Click Update history.
    • Select Uninstall updates.
    • Select the recent update you have on your computer, then click Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes.

Ariel Acu, May 24, 2023
Thema:

Camera stopped working after latest update

1. Camera stopped working after latest update - Similar Threads - Camera stopped working

2. Bluetooth stop working after latest updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth stop working after latest updates: BT device reinstalled throw BT manager. Latest drivers founded and reinstalled. Nothing work!MSI GF66 Katana. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-stop-working-after-latest-updates/a11d57d4-b4e6-477d-9f7d-576b043e4fef
  3. Bluetooth stop working after latest updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth stop working after latest updates: BT device reinstalled throw BT manager. Latest drivers founded and reinstalled. Nothing work!MSI GF66 Katana. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-stop-working-after-latest-updates/a11d57d4-b4e6-477d-9f7d-576b043e4fef
  4. Bluetooth stop working after latest updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Camera stopped working after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera stopped working after latest update: I have a surface X and all the sudden, face login and camera is not working, may have been a recent update but not certain.Have uninstalled and reinstalled all devices under camera, but it has not helped.Any ideas?TIA!...
  6. Camera app stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera app stopped working after update: I have an issue with my camera app. After Windows update, it stopped working. I get an error code 0xA00F4243. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-stopped-working-after-update/f198cad5-2f23-4451-947c-1b383da46967
  7. audio stopped working after latest windows update

audio stopped working after latest windows update: So a while back, I had an audio issue on my computer where my earphones were recognised as speakers conexant smartaudio hd and I couldn't hear any sound from my laptop speakers at all, but I could hear it from my earphones. I was able to trace the driver back from my laptop...
  8. USB stopped working after latest update

USB stopped working after latest update: USB stopped working after latest update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-stopped-working-after-latest-update/852dc6e9-8f23-4440-9b8e-deb3f802b4b2
  9. Keyboard stops working after sometime. This is after the latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard stops working after sometime. This is after the latest update: also the mousepad has completely stopped working. have to restart my pc again and again. anyone got any idea why? hp laptop paviliin g6. submitted by /u/svayam--bhagavan [link] [comments]...
  10. Mouse stopped working after latest update?

Mouse stopped working after latest update?: I've grown a deep disdain for Microsoft products and their crappy updates. My computer was working fine and then suddenly my mouse stopped working. The USB doesn't detect ANYTHING now. A Google search shows just about EVERY year a Microsoft update causes USB issues. All...