Windows 10: Camera stopped working after updating windows from 7 to 10

Discus and support Camera stopped working after updating windows from 7 to 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Camera never activates on aps and sites and trying to open the ap directly gives the error message: 0xA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent> (0x8007001F)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Foxrich, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Foxrich Win User

Camera stopped working after updating windows from 7 to 10

Camera never activates on aps and sites and trying to open the ap directly gives the error message: 0xA00F4271<MediaCaptureFailedEvent> (0x8007001F)

It feels like ive tried everything, and im completley out of ideas on how to fix it

:)

Foxrich, Mar 9, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 9, 2019
  3. Camera not working

This is not a plug and play device, it's built into my laptop.. lol.

Sorry my bad for not mentioning, the program does install and seem to work fine. It did work when I first installed it, but it stopped working. Even if I freshly reinstall.

Errors are as followed..

When I open the program:

A webcam was not found or is not working properly.
    Please click connect button and try again.

When I click the connect button....

Camera not found. The camera is in use by another application, or not connected. Make sure the camera is connected and working properly, then try again.

It is connected properly, and there are no other programs running in the back ground.

ihavenoname, Mar 9, 2019
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

RealSense 3D Camera stopped working after update failed to install

Just to clarify, does the camera stop working after updating to the recent Windows Update on your Windows 10? If so, we recommend that you uninstall this update from your computer and check if it will let the camera working again by performing the steps
    below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • Choose Windows Update.
    • Click Update history.
    • Select Uninstall updates.
    • Select the recent update you have on your computer, then click Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes.

Ariel Acu, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Camera stopped working after updating windows from 7 to 10 - Similar Threads - Camera stopped working

2. Camera stopped working after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera stopped working after latest update: I have a surface X and all the sudden, face login and camera is not working, may have been a recent update but not certain.Have uninstalled and reinstalled all devices under camera, but it has not helped.Any ideas?TIA!...
  3. Camera stopped working after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera stopped working after latest update: I have a surface X and all the sudden, face login and camera is not working, may have been a recent update but not certain.Have uninstalled and reinstalled all devices under camera, but it has not helped.Any ideas?TIA!...
  4. built in camera stopped working after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    built in camera stopped working after windows update: I have a new HP Probook and installed all updates and now my built in web camera don't work. I have tried everything I can come up with and still don't work. It is not a hardware problem because Hp diagnose tested and it shows the camera is good....
  5. Camera app stopped working after update

Camera app stopped working after update: I have an issue with my camera app. After Windows update, it stopped working. I get an error code 0xA00F4243. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-app-stopped-working-after-update/f198cad5-2f23-4451-947c-1b383da46967
  6. after windows 10 july update my camera stopped working

after windows 10 july update my camera stopped working: after the update of windows 10 in the month of july my camera shows black screen even though the green led is on in zoom app it shows the camera is on but still the screen is black of my video and in camera app it shows error 0xA00F4292<PhotoCaptureStartTimeout> i would...
  7. the camera on my laptop stopped working after an update

in Windows 10 Customization
    the camera on my laptop stopped working after an update: The camera on my laptop was working ok than there was a updated and I could not get it working again. Just a black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-camera-on-my-laptop-stopped-working-after-an/5f892ece-ea99-4da2-9bac-ce44983017d7
  8. Surface Pro 7 camera stopped working after Windows 10 update?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Pro 7 camera stopped working after Windows 10 update?: Just updated my brand new Surface Pro 7 (about 2 weeks old) and now the internal cameras aren't recognised. I really need this working for work Skype calls, so please help! Many thanks...
  9. Windows Camera stops working after October Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Camera stops working after October Update: Hi There, Coincidental or not my Lumia 950XL rear camera stops working(with an error code) after installing 2019-10B Update for Windows 10 Version for arm-based Phone Devices and also same as a Microsoft Surface Pro 5 we have at work. Going to download Windows Device...
  10. after windows 10 update camera not working

after windows 10 update camera not working: Message from Windows 10-Can' turn camera on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/after-windows-10-update-camera-not-working/40b58568-ff7c-439b-8b4b-19ed9ec9a22e