Windows 10: Camera Stopped working..Asking for Permission

Discus and support Camera Stopped working..Asking for Permission in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop camera stopped working all of a sudden. When opening camera app, I get prompt as shown in the below screen that camera app needs permission.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ashneel Kumar, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Camera Stopped working..Asking for Permission

My laptop camera stopped working all of a sudden. When opening camera app, I get prompt as shown in the below screen that camera app needs permission.

Camera Stopped working..Asking for Permission 1578286c-5b20-4f28-a876-cfe832bc5259?upload=true.png

But as you will see below, Camera app already has permission.

Camera Stopped working..Asking for Permission fd418ac6-b5fc-4773-b045-7eed3342ac3c?upload=true.png

Not sure what is causing this. Also noticed that my laptop speaker and microphone also stopped working. Dont know if this is related. Recent changes were installation of windows updates. Windows is upto date and so are the manufactures drivers.

:)

Ashneel Kumar, Aug 25, 2020

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Aug 25, 2020
  3. minyi.. Win User
    Camera App doesn't work properly after turn camera permission off and on

Hi,

I am using Microsoft LiveCam Cinema (Modle 1393) on my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro with Windows 10 Pro.

When I used built-in Camera App, I tried to turn off Camera permission, I noticed that the preview will freeze.

When I turned on Camera permission, the camera still didn't work.

Only when I switched the camera to built-in camera, Camera App will work. But when I switch camera back to LiveCam, that camera still didn't work, I can only see black screen.

When I tried the same step to the built-in camera, the built-in camera worked. Switch back didn't have black screen.

My questions are:

Is this because the LiveCam camera is too old? not fit for windows 10? where can I find a list of camera that can support win10?

Thanks,

Minyi

minyi.., Aug 25, 2020
  4. Camera Stopped working..Asking for Permission

Ask for Permission - Google Chrome

Hi Julian,

The issue regarding the permission when you're trying to use the different browser is because of the settings on
    Family and Safety. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you check if the account that you are using is already removed to the
    Family list. To remove your account to the Family, you may follow the steps below:

• Use the Adult account to log in using this link.
    • Click on the Family tab.
    • On the account that you want to remove, click More > Remove from family.
    • Then click Remove to confirm.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

Camera Stopped working..Asking for Permission

1. Camera Stopped working..Asking for Permission - Similar Threads - Camera Stopped working

2. Ask for permission for buying minecraft not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ask for permission for buying minecraft not working: Hi I recently was trying to buy minecraft today but before i could it said "Ask for permission" so i did but my parents never got the email it said try again something happened on our end. The same thing was happening for my brother on his xbox while trying to buy xbox live....
  3. Ask for permission for buying minecraft not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ask for permission for buying minecraft not working: Hi I recently was trying to buy minecraft today but before i could it said "Ask for permission" so i did but my parents never got the email it said try again something happened on our end. The same thing was happening for my brother on his xbox while trying to buy xbox live....
  4. Ask for permission for minecraft not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ask for permission for minecraft not working: Hi I recently was trying to buy minecraft today but before i could it said "Ask for permission" so i did but my parents never got the email it said try again something happened on our end. Please help...
  5. Ask for permission for minecraft not working

Ask for permission for minecraft not working: Hi I recently was trying to buy minecraft today but before i could it said "Ask for permission" so i did but my parents never got the email it said try again something happened on our end. Please help...
  6. camera stopped working

camera stopped working: The camera stopped working when using zoom and teams https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-stopped-working/08f8c60f-dda6-46f8-922c-fd3525c1986e
  7. Ask For Permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ask For Permissions: So Um These Few Days Im Getting theseEven tho im not in a family It shows for most of the Build in apps Such as Snip and sketch Camera Photos etc...Pls Help anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ask-for-permissions/b693d7f5-e919-479a-a836-aee5096285dd
  8. Ask for permission not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Ask for permission not working: I recently bought something, but before I bought it, it said ask for permission, so I clicked it, but my parents never got a notification or email requesting permission. Pls help!!...
  9. Camera stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera stopped working: My camera suddenly stopped working and I searched high and low for a fix. After hours of searching, I found it and it was simple. IF YOU'RE USING A RECENT VERSION OF AN HP LAPTOP, CHECK IF YOU'VE GOT A SO-CALLED 'KILL SWITCH.' THAT'S ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE COMPUTER. IF...
  10. Camera stopped working

Camera stopped working: My camera worked fine a few days ago. Now I get an error that says 'NoCamerasAreAttached'. It is also not listed in Device Manager. What can I do to get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-stopped-working/198c813f-3e65-4b5b-846b-949005894ee7