Windows 10: Camera suddenly not working.

Discus and support Camera suddenly not working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use my built-in webcam for work every day (which involves video calls) and I have for the last year or so with the same laptop. I hadn't done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ESTFN, Jul 26, 2019.

1. ESTFN Win User

Camera suddenly not working.

I use my built-in webcam for work every day (which involves video calls) and I have for the last year or so with the same laptop. I hadn't done anything new with my laptop in terms of hardware or software or anything recently.

Here are my system specifications:

LAptop: Lenovo YOGA 710-151KB

EasyCamera (Manufacturer: AzureWave)

Yesterday, it stopped working. I was unable to use the camera to take a photo with the Camera app or with facebook messenger's photo capability. Eventually, after trying several times it started working again, but only occasionally. Then it failed during my work hours.

I already tried the suggestions on this page Camera app and webcams help:

And I also tried all the suggestions on the page Camera does not work in Windows 10

None of those suggestions made a difference. My privacy settings shouldn't be blocking the camera for anything, my driver is updated and it doesn't change anything to Disable and Enable, Roll back, or Uninstall and Reinstall, either.

Then I tried updating from Windows 10 version 1803 to the newest version 1903.

At first this seemed to help - I got the camera to work in multiple different apps where it wasn't working before, I though it always took several seconds for it to start functioning properly. That was until a few hours ago, when it stopped working again entirely, and I haven't gotten it to work once since then.

Curiously, since updating Windows 10, my display seems to have a kind of soft orangish hue to it, like it would if I had it set to a Night display (which I don't). This flashes back to a normal bright white display very briefly when I try to use the camera, and also very occasionally at apparently random times. I don't mind this (it's a bit softer on my eyes), but it's kind of weird.

At this point I feel like the only thing I can do is go out and buy a USB Webcam device or something to use. But of course I would prefer not to spend money if I don't need to, and I am also worried that there is some kind of software problem with Windows 10 that I'll also have with another webcam.

:)

ESTFN, Jul 26, 2019

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Jul 26, 2019
  3. Windows10 Camera Suddenly Stopped Playing MP4 Videos

Hi Michael,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your Windows 10 Camera, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g. updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check this article, and follow the steps/instructions to resolve
    your camera issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Camera not working

Hi Khem,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible cause why your camera is not working properly. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, could you provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you tried updating your webcam driver?
    • What is the make and model of you tablet?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in these articles on how to troubleshoot your camera:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Camera suddenly not working. - Similar Threads - Camera suddenly working

2. my Integrated Camera is suddenly not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my Integrated Camera is suddenly not working: I have tried restarting, and then Device Manager, doublechecking that the camera is enabled, and even rolling back to the previous version. My camera had stopped working sometime after 5 pm yesterday. When I went into Zoom this morning, that's when I saw it wasn't working. At...
  3. my Integrated Camera is suddenly not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my Integrated Camera is suddenly not working: I have tried restarting, and then Device Manager, doublechecking that the camera is enabled, and even rolling back to the previous version. My camera had stopped working sometime after 5 pm yesterday. When I went into Zoom this morning, that's when I saw it wasn't working. At...
  4. my camera suddenly won't work, any suugestions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my camera suddenly won't work, any suugestions?: my camera suddenly won't work, any suugestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-suddenly-wont-work-any-suugestions/f70b1eb7-1b83-4188-bc86-5c70f5bb414d
  5. Windows 10, Camera suddenly doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, Camera suddenly doesn't work.: I'm on Windows 10, my laptop is ASUS X415. My webcam suddenly doesn't work.I have restart the laptop 2 xI have tried using Help, it goes through all of it can do, but the camera still doesn't work. I can't recover system file because somehow the recovery point is not set up....
  6. Windows 10, Camera suddenly doesn't work.

Windows 10, Camera suddenly doesn't work.: I'm on Windows 10, my laptop is ASUS X415. My webcam suddenly doesn't work.I have restart the laptop 2 xI have tried using Help, it goes through all of it can do, but the camera still doesn't work. I can't recover system file because somehow the recovery point is not set up....
  7. Windows 10, Camera suddenly doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. My camera suddenly stopped working

My camera suddenly stopped working: My camera suddenly stopped working. I've been using for zoom for over a year. I tried updating everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-suddenly-stopped-working/61c110cc-f686-4f83-9a82-d9574c949a6c
  9. Camera on Inspiron 7506 suddenly stopped working

Camera on Inspiron 7506 suddenly stopped working: The camera on my Inspiron 7506 suddenly stopped working. Worked one day and not next, so log in facial recognition doesn't work anymore, either. I tried driver uninstall and reboot, can't roll back driver update, if there are any. I've tried everything I can find on the...
  10. Camera App suddenly stopped working

Camera App suddenly stopped working: Help - my webcam camera suddenly stopped working. I use the built in camera and microphone to record myself for music videos and for zoom. I had just downloaded Filmora9 and when I tried going into the Camera App to record myself, got the following message. :- Close other...