Windows 10: Camera switch

Discus and support Camera switch in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The camera apps don't have the option to switch from rear to front views. The options bar is no longer on the screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Probb125, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Probb125 Win User

Camera switch

The camera apps don't have the option to switch from rear to front views. The options bar is no longer on the screen.

:)

Probb125, Oct 10, 2020

2. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Windows Camera

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to use the integrated webcam. There could be a possibility that the
    device driver not installed or out of date or the installed driver failed.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the model number of the Lenovo Desktop?
    • Is Lenovo Vantage utility app installed on the PC?

• Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Let us try few steps.

Step 1: Check Camera Settings.

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows Settings.
    2. Click on Privacy and select Camera from the left pane.
    3. Click on Change check if it is toggled to On.
    4. Also toggle the switch to On under Allow apps to access your camera
    Step 2:Update Webcam driver.

We would suggest you to update the Webcam driver from Device Manager. Please refer this article to update the driver:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

If the behavior persists, I suggest you follow the steps in the article below and see if it solves the problem:
    Camera doesn't work in Windows 10

You may also refer these articles for additional information:

Windows 10 camera, microphone, and privacy

How to use the Camera app

If it persists, I recommend that you contact the Lenovo Technical Support to carry out tests related to the camera.

Let us know the results.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Oct 10, 2020
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Camera switch

NEXTBOOK windows tablet camera

Follow steps in the article linked to in Post #9 step 1.

To apply the registry files just double click on each one.

This is my camera app, the switch cameras button is there in the middle, and both cameras work:

Camera switch [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Camera switch

1. Camera switch - Similar Threads - Camera switch

2. Can't switch my camera.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't switch my camera.: Hi, the camera at the top of my Hp laptop is not working and when I go to the camera app it doesn't give me the option to switch it. When I go into the camera it stays on the one in the bottom left corner....
  3. Can't switch my camera.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't switch my camera.: Hi, the camera at the top of my Hp laptop is not working and when I go to the camera app it doesn't give me the option to switch it. When I go into the camera it stays on the one in the bottom left corner....
  4. Can't switch my camera.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to make Google meet automaticly switch camera to external camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to make Google meet automaticly switch camera to external camera: when i connect external usb camera to my laptop , google meet browser and app still uses the laptops camera, i have to manually change it every time to the external camera. is there any way that makes the google meet use the external camera as default one and only switch to...
  6. how to make Google meet automaticly switch camera to external camera

how to make Google meet automaticly switch camera to external camera: when i connect external usb camera to my laptop , google meet browser and app still uses the laptops camera, i have to manually change it every time to the external camera. is there any way that makes the google meet use the external camera as default one and only switch to...
  7. Camera still not working and blank although the camera switch has light on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera still not working and blank although the camera switch has light on: This morning when I was in a Zoom meeting when I wanted to turn on the camera, suddenly my camera could not turn on blank even though the camera switch and camera light were still on. When I opened the camera application, the image was blank and an error appeared like in the...
  8. Camera still not working and blank although the camera switch has light on

Camera still not working and blank although the camera switch has light on: This morning when I was in a Zoom meeting when I wanted to turn on the camera, suddenly my camera could not turn on blank even though the camera switch and camera light were still on. When I opened the camera application, the image was blank and an error appeared like in the...
  9. Windows 11 camera app switching off and on every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 camera app switching off and on every few seconds.: When I open my Windows 11 camera app on the hp elitebook 1040, the camera works for a few seconds, switches off, and then starts working for another few seconds before switching off again, the cycle continues that way.I've tried resetting my camera app, nothing worked...
  10. Windows 11 camera app switching off and on every few seconds.

Windows 11 camera app switching off and on every few seconds.: When I open my Windows 11 camera app on the hp elitebook 1040, the camera works for a few seconds, switches off, and then starts working for another few seconds before switching off again, the cycle continues that way.I've tried resetting my camera app, nothing worked...