Windows 10: Camera to detected in Device Manager

Discus and support Camera to detected in Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I have an Asus VivoBook with Windows 10 Home, and can't seem to get my webcam to work. It is not listed on the Device Manager list, even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FFilipe, Mar 28, 2021.

1. FFilipe Win User

Camera to detected in Device Manager

Hi there,

I have an Asus VivoBook with Windows 10 Home, and can't seem to get my webcam to work.

It is not listed on the Device Manager list, even in hidden programs.

I'd like to know how to obtain the driver,

Thanks, Fernando

:)

FFilipe, Mar 28, 2021

2. Camera / Webcam not on device manager list - Windows 10

Hi JacquiProspero,

I'm Stefano an Independent Advisor, here to help you.

Please check if it is listed under Hidden device.

1. Press WINDOWS + X

2. Click on "Device Manager"

3. Click on "View"

4. Click on "Show Hidden device"

If it is listed now, please uninstall and reinstall it following this steps:

1. Click on "Camera"

2. Right click on your camera

3. Click on "Uninstall device"

4. Click on "Detects Hardware change" (monitor icon)

StefanoTamiotti, Mar 28, 2021
  3. FigenIsik Win User
    built in camera is not listed in device manager

Thank you so much for your effort but camera is not listed in device manager, so I cannot do what you suggested. Thank you.

FigenIsik, Mar 28, 2021
  4. Camera to detected in Device Manager

Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

Camera to detected in Device Manager

1. Camera to detected in Device Manager - Similar Threads - Camera detected Device

2. Built-in camera not being detected by Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in camera not being detected by Device Manager: My HP Victus 16 laptop running Windows 11 22H2 is not detecting the built-in webcam after installing and removing Camo Studio software from the Microsoft Store. The device manager shows the device as disconnected, saying "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to...
  3. Built-in camera not being detected by Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-in camera not being detected by Device Manager: My HP Victus 16 laptop running Windows 11 22H2 is not detecting the built-in webcam after installing and removing Camo Studio software from the Microsoft Store. The device manager shows the device as disconnected, saying "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to...
  4. Camera Missing In Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera Missing In Device Manager: My Camera is not showing in Device Manager. Before I did a scan for any changes I noticed the name in which I named my computer during one of the requests when setting up the Windows 11 installation was not there however after the scan the name was there and when I opened it...
  5. Camera not found in device manager

Camera not found in device manager: Hello, when I open my camera app I receive an error notification that they cannot find my camera. I have tried to update my camera settings and my general settings too but I just cannot find the camera in the device manager and am unable to install a camera driver. Could you...
  6. CAMERA NOT FOUND IN DEVICE MANAGER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CAMERA NOT FOUND IN DEVICE MANAGER: Am unable to find Camera in Device manager...and i cant even use my camera here am sharing the screen shots of the issue mentioned...Please help me.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-found-in-device-manager/7dc42636-382f-4434-a694-1b5f421756f5
  7. Web camera not detected, imaging devices missing in device manager and webcam not working

Web camera not detected, imaging devices missing in device manager and webcam not working: imaging devices missing in device manager and webcam not working HI, Last day when i clicked on the camera tile it said 'to get started, connect a camera' and i found out that none of my apps and desktop applications could use the webcam.Each time i get an error...
  8. Camera and Device Manager

Camera and Device Manager: My camera app has the error "We can't find your camera" with the error code 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> and camera is not showing up in device manager. I have tried so many things, including making sure the camera is turned on in privacy settings, checking that my...
  9. CAMERA NOT IN DEVICE MANAGER

CAMERA NOT IN DEVICE MANAGER: ERROR MESSAGE (CAMERA NOT FOUND) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-in-device-manager/d81a9029-d6ad-48e7-a1ac-78196a6ce2dd
  10. Camera is not being detected in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera is not being detected in Device Manager: I had disabled the camera as it was not in use but again when I tried to enable the device manger says no Camera detected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-is-not-being-detected-in-device-manager/e0a7965c-e947-4fba-b4c2-3a9902119a27