Windows 10: Camera toggle does not toggle

Discus and support Camera toggle does not toggle in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Yoga that runs Windows 10, and the f8 key is supposed to toggle the camera. However, I recently dropped my phone, which landed directly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kimcek, Oct 14, 2020.

1. /u/kimcek Win User

Camera toggle does not toggle

I have a Lenovo Yoga that runs Windows 10, and the f8 key is supposed to toggle the camera. However, I recently dropped my phone, which landed directly on this key. While it does still register being pressed, it no longer toggles, instead acting idempotently. Thus, I am unable to activate the camera.

Failed solutions include turning it off and on again, finding something in the settings, and using an external webcam. I've also tried to rebind the f8 key to something else, but I haven't been able to find anything to rebind any keys beyond a few popular ones.

Do I have to reset the device, or is there a simpler solution?

submitted by /u/kimcek
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kimcek, Oct 14, 2020

2. To Turn On or Off Toggle Keys Tone

Hi Marcela,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you have an issue with sound on toggle keys, I suggest you to change the toggle keys settings
    and check.

Steps:

• Press Windows key from keyboard and type
      Toggle.
    • Select Hear a tone while pressing Caps lock, Num lock and Scroll lock.
    • Under Toggle keys, change the settings and check.

If the issue still persists, Run troubleshooter from
    Fix sound problems and check.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Skip Ladd Win User
    Speaker toggle

I went through these steps, which are slightly different than you have outlined, but I got to the settings where I hit Turn System Icons On Or Off.....the Volume is NOT on; however, it is shaded in gray instead of black and it won't allow me to move the
    toggle to "ON".....so, that didn't work. Any other suggestions?

Skip Ladd, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Camera toggle does not toggle

Toggle keys stopped working after Windows 10 update

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the toggle keys stopped working after the update. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise when the toggle option is turned off in the settings page.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Access Settings from Start Menu.
    • From Settings, click
      Ease of Access.
    • Select Keyboard from the options.
    • Cast a glance at the right pane of Keyboard. you can see
      Toggle Keys option with a slider.
    • Switch the slider to On mode and activate the feature.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

Camera toggle does not toggle

1. Camera toggle does not toggle - Similar Threads - Camera toggle does

2. Toggling languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toggling languages: I defined two input languages: ENG US and HE.Still, the system toggles to EN UK - which adds a toggling step each time I need to change input language.How can I remove EN UK English United Kingdom?...
  3. Toggling languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toggling languages: I defined two input languages: ENG US and HE.Still, the system toggles to EN UK - which adds a toggling step each time I need to change input language.How can I remove EN UK English United Kingdom?...
  4. How to toggle between cameras for Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to toggle between cameras for Windows Hello: Windows Hello is using my external camera Logitech Brio by default, but I don't want it to. That camera is frequently occupied by other streaming software, which prevents Windows Hello from accessing it when my screen is locked.All the help I've found in the forums is for...
  5. How to toggle between cameras for Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to toggle between cameras for Windows Hello: Windows Hello is using my external camera Logitech Brio by default, but I don't want it to. That camera is frequently occupied by other streaming software, which prevents Windows Hello from accessing it when my screen is locked.All the help I've found in the forums is for...
  6. sounds for toggle keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    sounds for toggle keys: I usually have sounds enabled for Num Lock and Caps Lock. After the last Windows updates, these no longer work. The image above shows they are activated. If I hold the Num Lock key down for 5 secs I get a squirt-like sound and the toggle is turned off. If I hold it down again...
  7. Mute Toggle Stuck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mute Toggle Stuck: Hi,I have been trying to get the toggle to switch from mute, but to no avail. This is on an Alienware laptop with an external monitor via HDMI. When testing sound, laptop speakers get sound, but the monitor does not. Using the sound settings, I can see that the monitor is...
  8. bluetooth toggle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth toggle: Hi, i have had to use a bluetooth keypad for the past 2 years ever since my laptop keypad stopped working after a windows update (2 years I've been waiting to get it sorted!!!). Anyway, today my bluetooth switched off and the toggle switch has disappeared. Again about the...
  9. Bluetooth toggle shortcut

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth toggle shortcut: Hello, I would like to know if there is any way to have a shortcut for turning the bluetooth on/off Keyboard shortcut would be ideal but anything else will do, a bat file or a small app. Thank you. 93069
  10. Brightness Toggle

in Windows 10 Support
    Brightness Toggle: In Win10 instead of a brightness slider like in 8.1 there is a toggle on the action center that allows 25/50/75/100%. I'm wondering if there is a way to change the toggle options or to at least add a 0% for screen brightness to that toggle? 15613