Windows 10: camera turns black after some time

Discus and support camera turns black after some time in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; camera works absolutely fine for some time but after some time it turns black.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nikita Gandhi, Sep 2, 2020.

1. camera turns black after some time

camera works absolutely fine for some time but after some time it turns black.

:)

Nikita Gandhi, Sep 2, 2020

2. BLACK SCREEN CAMERA

Hi everyone,

I have a laptop TOSHIBA SATELLITE P755-S5320 with camera integrated.

when I open the camera application to take a picture, it shows a black screen with an error message, as on the picture attached.

I tried some research that sent me to the DEVICE MANAGE. But in the there the webcam device is not even present.

I tried the bellow steps unsuccessfully

If your camera isn't found in Device Manager, first try using the camera with a different port on your device. If that doesn't work, try these steps:

1. In Device Manager, on the Action  menu, select  Scan for hardware changes. Wait for it to scan and reinstall updated drivers, restart your computer, and then try opening the Camera app again.
    1. If your webcam still doesn’t work, visit the webcam manufacturer’s website.
    I also tried the bellow steps unsuccessfully

1. Select Start > File Explorer.
    2. In File Explorer, select This PC, and then select your OS disk, usually called OSDisk (Ccamera turns black after some time :).
    3. Under Home, select New folder, and then type Camera Roll as the name of the new folder.
    4. Press and hold (or right-click) the Camera Roll folder you just created, and then select Include in library > Camera Roll.
    5. Try taking a picture. If you see the same error message, try the next solution.
    Could please someone help me?

Thanks.

It also doesn't work in applications or websites that require access to the camera. It still doesn't work even though, when turned on, my computer shows the message "Fotocamera attivata", which in Italian
    means "Camera activated". I have an Acer Swift 3 that i bought in December 2019. Could please someone help me?

Roussel Folas, Sep 2, 2020
  3. jekiboi20 Win User
    Camera is green

Hi GeorgiaPeach,

Welcome to the forum!

You can try these steps and see if it will make any difference:

• Power cycle
    1. Turn off the phone then remove the back cover and the battery.

2. Reinsert the battery and the back cover then turn on your phone.

• Reset your camera settings
    1. Go to Settings.

2. Swipe to Application settings.

3. Choose Photos+camera.

4. Select Reset camera.

If the issue still persists, you can try to perform the steps provided on this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2749480. If the steps on the link will not work, I suggest that you
    visit the nearest Nokia repair facility for it to be repaired. See this link: http://www.nokia.com/global/support/locations/ to check the repair facility near your area.

jekiboi20, Sep 2, 2020
  4. camera turns black after some time

Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

camera turns black after some time

1. camera turns black after some time - Similar Threads - camera turns black

2. Black Screen After Some Time of working in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen After Some Time of working in windows 10.: I get a black screen after 20 to 30 minutes on my windows 10 laptopAsus ROG Strix G17 G713IH-HX020T the event viewer shows nothing and no bugcheck values what do i do....
  3. Black Screen After Some Time of working in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen After Some Time of working in windows 10.: I get a black screen after 20 to 30 minutes on my windows 10 laptopAsus ROG Strix G17 G713IH-HX020T the event viewer shows nothing and no bugcheck values what do i do....
  4. Black Screen After Some Time of working in windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. real time protection turned off after some time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    real time protection turned off after some time: the real time protection is not on i cheack all registry settings like disable key in real time protection but all are right i scan malware but my windows is clean i use windows 10 single home edition 22h2 and i have no third party antivirus and a error is showing to on real...
  6. real time protection turned off after some time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    real time protection turned off after some time: the real time protection is not on i cheack all registry settings like disable key in real time protection but all are right i scan malware but my windows is clean i use windows 10 single home edition 22h2 and i have no third party antivirus and a error is showing to on real...
  7. real time protection turned off after some time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Laptops turns off automatically after some time.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptops turns off automatically after some time.: Hi,I have Windows 10 on my new Asus Vivobook laptop with AMD Ryzen 7 processor.Unfortunately, the laptop turns off automatically when left idle for some time and I lose all the open work.I have already reinstalled windows, disabled fast startup in power settings, updated...
  9. Display Blacks out after some time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display Blacks out after some time: I have a GTX 1060. Used to work fine. I switched my PC on to do some work, did some Word/Excel/Zoom for 3 hours and decided to play GTA. Played for approx 1 Hour with no issues, then closed the game and went to do some work for 5 minutes. When I returned I saw the fans of the...
  10. WiFi connection turns off after some time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi connection turns off after some time: I turn on my laptop an use it normaly (browsing, playing games...) with a normal stable wifi connection, but after some time (80% of the time) the wifi connection drops and when I try to reconnect to my wifi network it says "Can't connect to this network " on every listed...