Windows 10: Camera, USB ports, Blutooth, probably other stuff I haven't found all stopped working...

Discus and support Camera, USB ports, Blutooth, probably other stuff I haven't found all stopped working... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I started running through things to get the USB ports to work, then I realised the Camera wasnt working, now realised the blu tooth is gone as well.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bleakneon, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Camera, USB ports, Blutooth, probably other stuff I haven't found all stopped working...

I started running through things to get the USB ports to work, then I realised the Camera wasnt working, now realised the blu tooth is gone as well.

Only thing that seemed to change before was a security update.

I have tried updating drivers, and uninstalling the camera and USB hub in the device manager and I downloaded and installed all optional updates.

Now I don't even know what to start looking for, I feel like it is something big that has to change but I dont even know what to search for. I can search for USB ports not working...but I dont know what's not working?

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/bleakneon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bleakneon, Jan 6, 2021
  2. smounce Win User

USB 2.0 Ports Stopped working

Hello,

I recently noticed my USB 2.0 ports have stopped working, but my USB 3.0 port is functioning perfectly.

Steps i have tried:

- Restarting

- Searching for device changes in Device manager

- running troubleshooter

all these suggested fixes didn't remedy the issue, its a bit of an inconvenience that i only have one functioning USB port

Thanks

smounce, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Sham13 Win User
    Camera and all USB ports not working suddenly

Hi,

I have Lenovo U31-70 laptop with a Windows10 installed on it. I purchased it in August 2015.

Since last month, neither the integrated camera nor any of the USB ports are working (not sure if both stopped working at the same time). In Device Manager I dont see the 'Imaging Devices' listed (where I was hoping 'Camera' to be listed). I am able to see
    dropdown for USB controllers (it has 5 sub-options on which I have right clicked and done software update on each... still USB not working). If I open the ' Camera app', it says 'either camera is not connected or being used by some other application'

What could be possible approach to troubleshoot this? Can someone direct me to where to download the drivers and try to re-install them for both camera and USB (unable to locate them on Lenovo website for my model)

Sham13, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Camera, USB ports, Blutooth, probably other stuff I haven't found all stopped working...

My usb port stop working

Hello,

This is Sudha Independent Advisor and user like you. Please follow below steps to solve your issue

Method 1: Use Device Manager to scan for hardware changes

Use Device Manager to scan for hardware changes. After your computer scans for hardware changes, it might recognize the USB device that is connected to the USB port so that you can use the device.

To scan for hardware changes, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.

Note If you are running Windows Vista, click Start, and then use the Start Search box.

2. Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. Device Manager opens.

3. In Device Manager, click your computer so that it is highlighted.

4. Click Action, and then click Scan for hardware changes.

5.Check the USB device to see whether it is working.

If scanning for hardware changes fixed the problem

Method 2: Disable and re-enable the USB controller

Use Device Manager to disable and re-enable all the USB controllers. This lets the controllers recover the USB port from its unresponsive condition. The USB controllers represent the USB ports in Device Manager. If you are not comfortable with advanced troubleshooting,
    try the steps in the "Workaround" section.

To disable and re-enable the USB controllers, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.

Note If you are running Windows Vista, click Start, and then use the Start Search box.

2. Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. Device Manager opens.

3. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.

4.Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click Uninstall to remove it.

5. Repeat step 4 for each USB controller that is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.

6. Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

7.Check the USB device to see whether it is working.

If the USB port recognizes the device and if you can use the device, you are finished.

reference link :
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/817900...

Sudha Goswami, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Camera, USB ports, Blutooth, probably other stuff I haven't found all stopped working...

1. Camera, USB ports, Blutooth, probably other stuff I haven't found all stopped working... - Similar Threads - Camera USB ports

2. USB Ports stop working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Ports stop working: Dell XPS 8700 commputer, Windows 10 Home, Version 21H2, Installed on ‎10/‎30/‎2020, OS build 19044.1415, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0. Have done windows troubleshooting, unchecked allow computer to shut down port in Device Manager. Shut down and restarted...
  3. USB Ports stop working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Ports stop working: Dell XPS 8700 commputer, Windows 10 Home, Version 21H2, Installed on ‎10/‎30/‎2020, OS build 19044.1415, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0. Have done windows troubleshooting, unchecked allow computer to shut down port in Device Manager. Shut down and restarted...
  4. Blutooth mouse not detected - other blutooth detected and work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blutooth mouse not detected - other blutooth detected and work.: My Microsoft mouse is not detected, as if it does not exist. In another device it works perfectly. Note other blutooth devices work normally. I have searched here, and all the answers are useless "reinstall driver" already did "try manufacturer driver" It's Microsoft.......
  5. All USB ports , Bluetooth and Web camera stopped working after windows update

All USB ports , Bluetooth and Web camera stopped working after windows update: I have windows 10, all usb ports, bluetooth, and web camera have stopped working after the windows update. I have gone into the device manager and nothing is listed there to uninstall and reinstall. I have purchased winzip driver install and it still isn't updating the...
  6. USB ports, blu tooth and Camera stopped working this afternoon...maybe other things

USB ports, blu tooth and Camera stopped working this afternoon...maybe other things: As the title says. I have check for new drivers, I have uninstalled in device manager, I have installed all optional updates. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do?...
  7. USB Hub stops working in 1 port, works in the other. Former port still works with other devices

USB Hub stops working in 1 port, works in the other. Former port still works with other devices: Hello, I have a USB hub/ethernet-adapter I have been using in a port on my laptop closest to ethernet accessibility. Recently, it has stopped functioning in this port. It does not show up, it does not load the driver, it is unusable. The mouse and keyboard I have used in the...
  8. All USB ports , Bluetooth and Web camera stopped working after windows update

All USB ports , Bluetooth and Web camera stopped working after windows update: [ATTACH]Hello Microsoft, Hope everyone is fine and doing well, i was also doing well until i update my windows. Last week i updated my windows and suddenly notice my USB ports stopped working . I look into internet but nothing good i found on internet except fresh installing...
  9. Windows All USB ports stopped working this afternoon

Windows All USB ports stopped working this afternoon: I'm not sure what happened here but all 3 of my USB ports have stopped working. I didn't do a system update nor did I download or install any new programs. The USB devices do work on other computers just not this one. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 with Windows 10....
  10. my usb ports stopped working all of the sudden

my usb ports stopped working all of the sudden: hello all. i have been using my computer for quite some time now and all of the sudden all of my ports stopped working. i tried to install drivers but nothing helped. i uninstall usb controllers from the device manager few times. re-installed, and checked for hardware...