Windows 10: Camera/Webcam on Lenovo laptop "not found". Error code 0A00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

Discus and support Camera/Webcam on Lenovo laptop "not found". Error code 0A00F4244 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, the built-in camera/webcam on my Lenovo laptop is suddenly "not found". I have used both the camera and the webcam in the past, and most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Skyfish_YK, May 23, 2020.

1. Camera/Webcam on Lenovo laptop "not found". Error code 0A00F4244

Hi there,

the built-in camera/webcam on my Lenovo laptop is suddenly "not found". I have used both the camera and the webcam in the past, and most recently used the webcam last Thursday May 14th for a Zoom meeting. When I had another Zoom meeting a week later Wednesday May 20th the webcam wouldn't work although the audio did so I could continue the meeting using audio only. When I try and open the camera Start > Camera it sits at a blue screen for approx. 10 seconds then a message appears:

We can't find your camera

Check to make sure that it's connected and installed properly, that it isn't being blocked by anti-virus software, and that your camera drivers are up to date.

If you need it, here's the error code: 0A00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

I've checked for updates - there are none

It worked a week prior, now it doesn't

It isn't being blocked by anti-virus software

I'm not sure about up to date drivers

The laptop is running Windows 10 Home

Laptop is 1 year and 4 months old.

Many thanks, and any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

:)

Skyfish_YK, May 23, 2020
  2. Cliff S Win User

Error 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> for Microsoft webcam

You can try using the windows default driver.
    Right click the device in device manager, and select update, then browse for drivers my computer, then select let me pick from a list, then select USB Video device:

Camera/Webcam on Lenovo laptop "not found". Error code 0A00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> [​IMG]

Camera/Webcam on Lenovo laptop "not found". Error code 0A00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> [​IMG]

Cliff S, May 23, 2020
  3. Paultx Win User
    Error 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> for Microsoft webcam

I have this old Microsoft Lifecam Cinema webcam, which I purchased back in 2013 for my desktop PC. But since I didn't use webcams frequently (when occasionally needed, I used my laptop's) I forgot it inside a drawer for years. A few days ago I found it while housecleaning and decided to test it with Windows 10. It didn't work. I tried another USB port and it worked.

The app interface and a photo taken with it.

Webcam in the Device Manager.

I didn't use it for a week or so. Today I tried to use it again, and again it didn't work.

When I search for solutions, I find many answers mostly with the same steps (use Windows troubleshooting, reinstall driver, etc., blah blah blah) that just don't work!

Even the issues get different names, descriptions, etc. At some point, I just unplugged then plugged the USB cable back to the same port, then I got this "Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" in Device Manager. Tried another USB port, then got this "96120" thing supposedly "ready". But then nothing, no webcam, and now I have this "96120" thing as "Other devices" in Device Manager.

Device "ready".

As a last resort, I tried to install the webcam model's Windows 7 driver, but the program can't find the webcam to continue.

I don't understand why it's so problematic to run a Microsoft product on a Microsoft operating system. What's worse is that one day it works, the other day it doesn't... It's incredible!

So I wonder if there is some sort of "universal" or "generic" driver or program I can use to take over the whole thing, so I don't have to wait for Microsoft to solve this webcam issue. Any idea? TIA.

Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.815

Paultx, May 23, 2020
  4. DRPTPT Win User

Camera/Webcam on Lenovo laptop "not found". Error code 0A00F4244

0xa00f4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

Lenovo camera not working on windows 10

showing 0xa00f4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> error code

DRPTPT, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Camera/Webcam on Lenovo laptop "not found". Error code 0A00F4244

1. Camera/Webcam on Lenovo laptop "not found". Error code 0A00F4244 - Similar Threads - Camera Webcam Lenovo

2. Camera cannot be found on Windows 11 error code: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera cannot be found on Windows 11 error code: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>: Camera cannot be found on Windows 11 error code: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> -- but there is an inbuilt camera that was working and now suddenly isn't. I've tried the trouble shooters, I've tried repeatedly restarting, ......
  3. Camera cannot be found on Windows 11 error code: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera cannot be found on Windows 11 error code: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>: Camera cannot be found on Windows 11 error code: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached> -- but there is an inbuilt camera that was working and now suddenly isn't. I've tried the trouble shooters, I've tried repeatedly restarting, ......
  4. Camera Not Working Error Code 0xa00f4244<nocamerasareattached>

Camera Not Working Error Code 0xa00f4244<nocamerasareattached>: Camera Not Working Error Code 0xa00f4244<nocamerasareattached> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-working-error-code/8b93f208-8987-4937-a31f-d7cca17e76ae
  5. My laptop camera is not working. Error code: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop camera is not working. Error code: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>: Can't find Camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-camera-is-not-working-error-code/042819a7-4193-4901-8be9-99c914c0708c
  6. My laptop camera is not working. Error code: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

My laptop camera is not working. Error code: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>: Can't find Camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-camera-is-not-working-error-code/042819a7-4193-4901-8be9-99c914c0708c
  7. Camera Not Working Error Code 0xa00f4244<nocamerasareattached>

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera Not Working Error Code 0xa00f4244<nocamerasareattached>: My camera is not working and showing the 0xa00f4244 error. I went to device manager and tried 'scan for hardware changes', but nothing happened. I could see my camera driver when I enabled 'show hidden devices'. After that, I uninstalled my camera driver, hoping that windows...
  8. Camera Not Working Error Code 0xa00f4244<nocamerasareattached>

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera Not Working Error Code 0xa00f4244<nocamerasareattached>: My camera is not working and showing the 0xa00f4244 error. I went to device manager and tried 'scan for hardware changes', but nothing happened. I could see my camera driver when I enabled 'show hidden devices'. After that, I uninstalled my camera driver, hoping that windows...
  9. Built in webcam Not found Error code: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Built in webcam Not found Error code: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>: This began today, I have been using my webcam for zoom online classes everyday and today is the only day it has done this but now it wont work on any platform. I have looked at the forums from other similar issue but the solutions have not worked. I have tried:...
  10. NoCamerasAreAttached webcam error, no camera found and tried uninstalling all HID compliant...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NoCamerasAreAttached webcam error, no camera found and tried uninstalling all HID compliant...: I have an Asus ROG laptop GL552VW (if I'm not mistaken). The webcam worked, the camera was detected before a windows update, months ago. It stopped working after an update and I just haven't bothered fixing it until now. It did break once before and I contacted ASUS support...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no cameras are attached 0xa00f4244