Windows 10: Camera will flicker or not work when starting Teams.

Discus and support Camera will flicker or not work when starting Teams. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I work in a college and my IT dept provides laptop for staff and faculty. We use HP 840 G5 or similar hardware for camera and sound drivers. There... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Emma596, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Emma596 Win User

Camera will flicker or not work when starting Teams.

I work in a college and my IT dept provides laptop for staff and faculty.

We use HP 840 G5 or similar hardware for camera and sound drivers.

There have been numerous separate instances with camera and audio issues with Teams or other video conferencing software as well.

Usually, a fix that seems to work is to uninstall the Camera drivers or Sound drivers and checking the box to delete the drivers.

Afterwards, using the Device Manager Scan for Hardware Changes action will load compatible Windows drivers.

For the camera, the compatible drivers appear in Imaging Devices instead of Camera in Device Manager.

For the Sound drivers, they remain in the Sound section in Device Manager.

When the process is completed, the camera and audio seem to work properly without any issues.

They remain this way for about a week until something happens and the original drivers are reinstalled and Device Manager displays the camera and sound drivers back to the original locations.

My issue is why the original drivers reinstall after selecting to delete them from the uninstall process and checking the box.

Where do the original drivers reside in Windows 10?

Can they be deleted?

:)

Emma596, Jun 23, 2020
  2. CBMID Win User

Camera not working with Microsoft Teams

Hi

I'm trying to get my camera to work with Microsoft Teams without success. I've checked my laptop's privacy settings and allowed apps to access my camera. Under the 'Choose which Microsoft Store apps can access you camera" however, Microsoft Teams is not
    listed. Can someone offer some advice please?

Much appreciated

CBMID, Jun 23, 2020
  3. boardtc Win User
    Can the camera work in both Teams Windows App & WebApp?

I have teams working as my Windows 10 App, works with the built-in webcam. So, if you go into Settings, Devices is listed and you can preview the camera.

I run a second instance of teams in the Chrome browser for a different id. If I go into Teams Settings via the browser there is no devices listed and when I start a chat I get a message saying no camera detected.

Why is their no devices showing for the browser app for me? I have quit the Teams App and shut it down from the tray and refeshed the webapp but it stil has not shown up.

Can both work together?

boardtc, Jun 23, 2020
  4. SUI
    Sui Win User

Screen starts to flicker after logging in for a while

Hello

This is an entirely new issue. My screen starts to flicker after logging in/turning on computer for a while, and/or if I launch an app that uses my Nvidia card (my laptop has Optimus), I'm not exactly sure which of these two causes it. For the first while after a restart, the screen appears fine. The flickering appears on desktop background + internet browser as well, so I'm pretty sure it's not a program compatibility issue. The flickering is not severe (the type that looks like horizontal bars sliding up) but it's an annoyance.

Tried:

• Disabling Windows error reporting + problem reporting service in msconfig
    • Restart computer
    • Resetting Nvidia global settings to default in Nvidia control panel
    • Checking for display drive updates in device manager (all up to date)
    • Checking monitor refresh rate (60Hz, can't be changed)

Laptop I'm using:

• i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz
    • 1900x1080
    • Intel HD 4600 + Nvidia GT750M

Thanks for suggestions.

Thema:

1. Camera will flicker or not work when starting Teams. - Similar Threads - Camera flicker starting

2. Laptop camera not working in teams

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop camera not working in teams: Having issues with my laptop camera not working in Windows 10 have tried the following, and it still will not work. Looks like the webcam light is light but it still shows no picture. tried to uninstall and reinstall a different driver to see if that would help, but that did...
  3. Laptop camera not working in teams

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop camera not working in teams: Having issues with my laptop camera not working in Windows 10 have tried the following, and it still will not work. Looks like the webcam light is light but it still shows no picture. tried to uninstall and reinstall a different driver to see if that would help, but that did...
  4. Laptop camera not working in teams

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen flicker when using Teams

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen flicker when using Teams: After using Teams for an hour the screens starts to flicker and becomes unusable. Has anybody else had this problem? I am using a Surface Pro 4 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-flicker-when-using-teams/1caf1468-48a5-40e9-8811-3335747193dd
  6. Camera with Teams

Camera with Teams: Hi I am using Windows 10 on a Macbook Pro and have been using Teams for over a year perfectly great software. Today I turned off the video during a meeting as internet connect was poor. When I tried to turn it back on I got a black screen. The camera works I tested in...
  7. my camera does not work and open when i start a meeting with microsoft team Microsoft Teams

my camera does not work and open when i start a meeting with microsoft team Microsoft Teams: my camera does not work and open when i start a meeting with microsoft team Microsoft Teams https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-does-not-work-and-open-when-i-start-a/0d4e6810-6c4c-44c7-9139-509878b985f1
  8. my camera will not work onmicrosoft teams

my camera will not work onmicrosoft teams: my camera will not work on Microsoft teams https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-will-not-work-onmicrosoft-teams/4416bebf-1fe6-4f23-b1f3-13f3be9bcf51
  9. Camera not working with Microsoft Teams

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Camera not working with Microsoft Teams: Hi I'm trying to get my camera to work with Microsoft Teams without success. I've checked my laptop's privacy settings and allowed apps to access my camera. Under the 'Choose which Microsoft Store apps can access you camera" however, Microsoft Teams is not listed. Can...
  10. Camera doesn't work in Teams

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera doesn't work in Teams: I have Teams open, I can use the audio and chat with someone connected, but I cannot get my camera to work in Teams. My camera on my laptop works and I can see myself, but I cannot get it to work in Teams. I can see other people who are connected to Teams. Thank you...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. camera flashes in teams