Windows 10: Camera Windows 10 stopped working. Not anywhere in device manager either. Skype cannot...

Discus and support Camera Windows 10 stopped working. Not anywhere in device manager either. Skype cannot... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have followed all directions I could find, and nothing has worked. How can I get the camera working again. I tried to re-download it. Could not do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Louise Tyvol, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Camera Windows 10 stopped working. Not anywhere in device manager either. Skype cannot...

I have followed all directions I could find, and nothing has worked. How can I get the camera working again. I tried to re-download it. Could not do that either.

:)

Louise Tyvol, Aug 17, 2019

2. camera on laptop not working with skype windows 10

Hi Nicky,

Since your camera has worked before, there may be changes on your computer that caused it to stop working. For us to isolate this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Have you performed any updates or made any changes on your computer before the camera stopped working?
    • Is the camera working with other apps?
    • Have you set Skype as one of the apps that can use the camera?

While waiting for your reply, let's verify if Skype is one of the apps that is allowed to use the camera. Follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo, then select Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Camera.
    • Make sure Let apps use the camera is turned on.
    • Under Choose apps that can use your camera, make sure that Skype
      is set to ON.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 17, 2019
  3. camera not working windows 10, imaging devices are also missing from device manager

Hello Sukhwindersingh,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Camera in your system running Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

• When you say Camera, are you using Camera App or any other application?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Are you logged in with Microsoft Account?
    • Do you find any unknown device in device manager?

For now run the hardware and device troubleshooter and check for the result:

a. Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

b. Click troubleshooting in the search results.

c. Click "View all" and then click "Hardware and device".

d. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

Further try following the suggestions from the below link and check if it helps:

Windows 10 Camera App gives error code 0xA00F424F

Also you can check this thread and see if it helps:

Imaging device missing. SKype not working properly

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Camera Windows 10 stopped working. Not anywhere in device manager either. Skype cannot...

webcam stopped operating updated to windows 10 8 months ago camera worked fine, using skype, just couldnt find camera, no camera device in manager

gateway nv70, windows 10 added 8 months ago, camera worked fine, while using skype, went to go to a video call, camera wouldnt come on, showed screenshot 41, read other suggestions, checked device manager, no reference too anything camera or imaging device,
    see screenshot 40, any advice?
    Camera Windows 10 stopped working.  Not anywhere in device manager either. Skype cannot... f64de639-eb43-4fd8-963d-960209b53f11.png

alan ralston, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Camera Windows 10 stopped working. Not anywhere in device manager either. Skype cannot...

1. Camera Windows 10 stopped working. Not anywhere in device manager either. Skype cannot... - Similar Threads - Camera stopped working

2. My camera driver is not showing in the device manager, its not working either

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My camera driver is not showing in the device manager, its not working either: My windows 11 lenovo ideapad slim 3, is not detecting camera, its not there in device manager as well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-driver-is-not-showing-in-the-device/c6bfb68e-6cba-4b99-8f1d-edf7535e64de
  3. My camera driver is not showing in the device manager, its not working either

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My camera driver is not showing in the device manager, its not working either: My windows 11 lenovo ideapad slim 3, is not detecting camera, its not there in device manager as well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-driver-is-not-showing-in-the-device/c6bfb68e-6cba-4b99-8f1d-edf7535e64de
  4. Camera working in windows 10 but not in Zoom or Skype.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera working in windows 10 but not in Zoom or Skype.: Dear Sir/ Madam. I am using a 2015 Lenovo G50 80 Laptop with i7 processor and it was supplied with Windows 8.1. When I did the free upgrade to Windows 10, I found that the video was showing a black background in Zoom and Skype. I have used the camera separately to take videos...
  5. Camera working in windows 10 but not in Zoom or Skype.

Camera working in windows 10 but not in Zoom or Skype.: Dear Sir/ Madam. I am using a 2015 Lenovo G50 80 Laptop with i7 processor and it was supplied with Windows 8.1. When I did the free upgrade to Windows 10, I found that the video was showing a black background in Zoom and Skype. I have used the camera separately to take videos...
  6. Camera not working with Skype

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera not working with Skype: Hi All Lenovo ideapad 305 Windows 10 home 64 bit. All updates Last worked with Skype and Zoom back around June now does not work Camera can be seen working on Lenovo Vantage settings but skype just shows black screen Skype works with external USB camera PC Settings shows...
  7. internal camera not working integrated camera not in device manager

internal camera not working integrated camera not in device manager: My internal camera is no longer working on my ASUS F550 with Windows 10 64 bit In my device manager in the imaging tab the integrated camera is not listed; only my MX920 canon printer is listed Does that mean a driver is missing or a card is missing....
  8. Camera not showing in Device Manager / Skype / MS Teams - please help!

Camera not showing in Device Manager / Skype / MS Teams - please help!: Hi I am using an old HP255 laptop running Windows 10 fairly successfully until now. I have a MS Teams interview coming up so went to check my webcam (this is something I have never used, ever) and I can't even find it in Device Manager. Skype says there is no camera...
  9. Camera and Skype Windows 10

Camera and Skype Windows 10: I have a new HP Laptop with Windows 10. I have installed Skype, however, both the built in camera and an external Logitech camera are recognized by Skype, but immediately when accessing either camera the application begins flashing, every several seconds between the Skype...
  10. camera is not working camera is not listed in device manager

camera is not working camera is not listed in device manager: the camera is not working and the device manager is not list the camera how can I know that the camera is in order or disorder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-is-not-working-camera-is-not-listed-in/3852b4a4-be88-49b9-bb64-55c6d217db2c