Windows 10: camera, windows hello stopped working

Discus and support camera, windows hello stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, my camera app stopped working and so did windows hello. I haven't added anything new to the computer. It was working fine and out of nowhere shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DodiSunny, Apr 17, 2020.

1. DodiSunny Win User

camera, windows hello stopped working

Hi,

my camera app stopped working and so did windows hello. I haven't added anything new to the computer. It was working fine and out of nowhere shows this error code 0xA00F4243<CameraReservedByAnotherApp>0xC00D3704. I don't use any third-party apps for the camera so this is a bit unsettling and worrisome

:)

DodiSunny, Apr 17, 2020

2. My hello sign in stopped working.

Hi,

This problem that started after installing the last Windows update might be caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you pertaining on Windows Hello sign-in? If yes, does it mean that the facial recognition is not working?
    • Is there an error message displayed when using Windows Hello?

Meanwhile, it is better to check the status of Windows Hello sign-in option in your computer. To check the Windows Hello status, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Accounts from the list.
    • Select Sign-in options in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Windows Hello, kindly check the status of it.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest keeping the device drivers like camera driver up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Kai-G Win User
    Windows Hello camera has stopped working

After a recent update (March 1, 2016 - KG3140743) Windows Hello has stopped working on my Surface Book.

After the first reboot after installing the update everything seemed to work fine and may have even improved some of the sleep bugs that I was previously experiencing (e.g. the computer getting hot and running the CPU at 100% while in sleep mode).

I put it in Hibernate last night and this morning when I woke it up the Windows Hello camera never came on. The little red light next to the camera also never turned on.

After logging in with my with my Pin, I went into the Windows Hello setup ("Improve Recognition" in "Sign-in options"). The camera also doesn't turn on in there.

I've tried locking the screen a few times but the camera never turns on.

Why is it that every single update Microsoft has released for the Surface Book seems to take one step forward but two steps back? This has been an embarrassment of a product for MS. If I could go back I would never have bought this piece of junk.

Kai-G, Apr 17, 2020
  4. camera, windows hello stopped working

windows hello camera not working

Hello,

Since the issue occurs after an update, it is possible that there's an issue with the drivers on your device. For us to effectively assist you, could you tell us what is the make and model of your device?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article on how to troubleshoot camera
    problems in Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

camera, windows hello stopped working

1. camera, windows hello stopped working - Similar Threads - camera hello stopped

2. Camera is not working for Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera is not working for Windows Hello: My facial recognition stopped working on my Lenovo Yoga 7i laptop. It worked great until about 2 weeks ago. I followed all of the instructions in the troubleshooter and still nothing. Everytime I try to re-set it up, the camera looks like it wants to turn on but all I get is...
  3. Camera is not working for Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera is not working for Windows Hello: My facial recognition stopped working on my Lenovo Yoga 7i laptop. It worked great until about 2 weeks ago. I followed all of the instructions in the troubleshooter and still nothing. Everytime I try to re-set it up, the camera looks like it wants to turn on but all I get is...
  4. Windows Hello Camera is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Camera is not working: After doing a clean installation of Windows 11 via bootable USB in my Dell Inspiron 7535 2-1, the face recognition is not working.The face recognition was working properly in Windows 10, before the format. In settings, when I try to set up the face recognition it says "We...
  5. Windows Hello Camera is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Camera is not working: After doing a clean installation of Windows 11 via bootable USB in my Dell Inspiron 7535 2-1, the face recognition is not working.The face recognition was working properly in Windows 10, before the format. In settings, when I try to set up the face recognition it says "We...
  6. Windows Hello recognition through the camera stopped working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello recognition through the camera stopped working: Surface Book. At the end of February, a face in Windows Hello stopped recognizing for no reason. After disconnecting from the settings and trying to restart, it appears that the camera could not be found. Screenshot: https://prnt.sc/r9xaxk . Installing all the latest updates...
  7. Windows Hello camera not working

Windows Hello camera not working: Windows cant turn camera on to set up log in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-camera-not-working/93cf7718-3674-48d8-a571-a9a72718a587
  8. windows 10 hello camera not working

windows 10 hello camera not working: First, I'm using Surface laptop 3 now and updated Windows 10 and Firmware an hour ago. Also, I went into the device manager and checked that the camera was updated. And when I entered the setup-system, I checked that the update was up to date and turned the computer off and...
  9. Windows Hello stopped defaulting to camera

Windows Hello stopped defaulting to camera: Last year I used Windows Hello and camera successfully under Windows 10 Pro 1709. Meaning I turned it on and was unlocking my PC that way for months. Mind you, I always lock my PC when I step away from my computer or it would do that automatically after 10min of inactivity....
  10. Camera not working for windows hello

Camera not working for windows hello: My camera stopped working a few days ago. I wasn't able to log-in using Windows Hello and the camera app wasn't working either. I looked for a solution online and based on an answer on this website added a file in the registry. This fixed the camera app but not Windows Hello....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello windows 10 camera not working