Windows 10: camera wont take photos or videos just flashes on and off

Discus and support camera wont take photos or videos just flashes on and off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi does anyone know how i can get my camera to stop taking screenshoot photos. it wont load to take a photo or video and tells me that "we werent able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by shaidenwebb, Jan 20, 2021.

1. camera wont take photos or videos just flashes on and off

hi does anyone know how i can get my camera to stop taking screenshoot photos. it wont load to take a photo or video and tells me that "we werent able to save your video" then "we cant find your camera " i wanna pull my hair out

:)

shaidenwebb, Jan 20, 2021

2. Logitech C920 takes photos but won't record video

Yes it does, but the setting appears o.k.

camera wont take photos or videos just flashes on and off [​IMG]

But why does it say last access 3 days ago when I've been messing with it today?

- - - Updated - - -

This is the program folder. Where is the actual app to include in the permissions list?

- - - Updated - - -

I have added Skype to the list and now that works, but the camera app will still not record video, and Capture will not open

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for all your help so far. I’m going to take a step back from this and start again.

I’ve had my present machine since March 2018.
    The Windows version is 10.0.19041.488 and it’s had Bitdefender from Day 1.

The webcam has always worked happily as a plug-and-play device without me having to download anything, and as recently as April this year it was still doing so.

A few days ago I went to use it and discovered the problem I’ve been describing – that I can take stills but not record video. Except once! Then it failed again before I could discover what made it work.

Therefore I am going to suggest to myself that I should try a system restore if I can find a suitable point to go back to.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that's not going to work, as there are no restore points. On previous machines I've had restore points were set automatically if you made changes such as installing new software, but it appears this one is not set up that way.

So what next? I do have a backup on a memory stick that was supplied with the machine.

blueherring, Jan 20, 2021
  3. cannot upload camera or camcorder pics & videos

Hi Scott,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you’re unable to import photos and videos after upgrading to Windows 10.

This could be due to incorrect Auto play settings. I suggest you to follow the steps as shown below and check if it helps.

• Plug in the Camera.
    • Go to Start and type AutoPlay Settings.
    • Choose AutoPlay Settings.
    • Under your Camera Device, choose the option "Import Photos and Videos."
    • Exit Auto Play Settings and check if the issue persists.
    You may refer to the article “Import photos and videos from a camera, phone, or DVD” for more information:

Import photos and videos in Windows 8.1

Note: Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank You.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 20, 2021
  4. robinpe Win User

camera wont take photos or videos just flashes on and off

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

camera wont take photos or videos just flashes on and off

1. camera wont take photos or videos just flashes on and off - Similar Threads - camera wont photos

2. Why can my camera app take photos but not videos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can my camera app take photos but not videos?: The camera app takes a while to load in and when it does, I can take a photo but not a video. I'll press record then wait about 10 seconds until the error code "0XA00F4249" appears. I just got my laptop wiped from a previous school account where I had no problems using the...
  3. Why can my camera app take photos but not videos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can my camera app take photos but not videos?: The camera app takes a while to load in and when it does, I can take a photo but not a video. I'll press record then wait about 10 seconds until the error code "0XA00F4249" appears. I just got my laptop wiped from a previous school account where I had no problems using the...
  4. camera does not take picture or video

camera does not take picture or video: The camera is not working, only seeing a black screen when app is open... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-does-not-take-picture-or-video/25bbff3a-5cd1-46d3-be82-8eba8d63dec2
  5. camera does not take picture or video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera does not take picture or video: The camera is not working, only seeing a black screen when app is open... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-does-not-take-picture-or-video/25bbff3a-5cd1-46d3-be82-8eba8d63dec2
  6. camera not taking photo.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera not taking photo.: My camera is not taking photos. Not sure why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-taking-photo/4182b13e-5223-4b94-ac29-2b69e7af6387
  7. camera not taking photo.

camera not taking photo.: My camera is not taking photos. Not sure why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-taking-photo/4182b13e-5223-4b94-ac29-2b69e7af6387
  8. Videos and Photos not in Camera Roll

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Videos and Photos not in Camera Roll: I've filmed and taken multiple photos and videos on the camera of my surface 7, but I can only see three files in my camera roll. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/videos-and-photos-not-in-camera-roll/4a3bac44-4ae8-433a-a4d3-c104523e72ea
  9. camea wont take pictue or video

camea wont take pictue or video: my win camera loads up but will not take pictures or video, error message reads 0xAooF424F PhotoCaptureFileCreationFailed. any ideas please the system also wont allow me to uninstall the app so i can reinstall. tried everything i know with no success....
  10. Built In Camera Takes pictures but no video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Built In Camera Takes pictures but no video: My built-in webcam/camera was working fine last week when I used it last. When I went to use it today, it would take pictures but not video which is what I need. Some solutions had to do with finding the camera on the control panel and device manager, but I couldn't find it...