Windows 10: Camera working in windows 10 but not in Zoom or Skype.

Discus and support Camera working in windows 10 but not in Zoom or Skype. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear Sir/ Madam. I am using a 2015 Lenovo G50 80 Laptop with i7 processor and it was supplied with Windows 8.1. When I did the free upgrade to Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PA S1, Feb 24, 2024.

1. PA S1 Win User

Camera working in windows 10 but not in Zoom or Skype.

Dear Sir/ Madam. I am using a 2015 Lenovo G50 80 Laptop with i7 processor and it was supplied with Windows 8.1. When I did the free upgrade to Windows 10, I found that the video was showing a black background in Zoom and Skype. I have used the camera separately to take videos etc and all is fine. The trouble is with Zoom and Skype. Any suggestions?Also, when I run Zoom with the video showing the black background, I have simultaneously opened and run the windows camera only to find it does not work and the error code is shown as: 0xA000F429F<WindowsShowFailed>0x80004003.

:)

PA S1, Feb 24, 2024
  2. Lee L. Win User

Video is not working for Zoom or Skype

Hello,

Have you checking the privacy settings if Camera is ON on both Zoom and Skype?

Go to Setting > Privacy > Camera > make sure the toggle button for both Zoom and Skype are ON.

If my suggestion did not solve the issue, please reply back and confirm if there is an error message or error code so we can try other step.

Might as well open the Camera App and test if it's working there so we can narrow down the problem.

Kind Regards,

< / L e e >

Lee L., Feb 24, 2024
  3. Camera not working with Skype

Hi All
    Lenovo ideapad 305 Windows 10 home 64 bit. All updates
    Last worked with Skype and Zoom back around June now does not work
    Camera can be seen working on Lenovo Vantage settings
    but skype just shows black screen
    Skype works with external USB camera
    PC Settings shows camera is on, apps can access camera, skype has access, desktop app web view has access
    Camera drivers are up to date. Camera does NOT appear in device manager
    Skype is latest version.

Any clues as to what might be wrong?
    TFAI

Rincewindwiz, Feb 24, 2024
  4. Arianna99 Win User

Unable to Uninstall Zoom / Camera Not Working

I have a few issues but the main one which I would assume would be easy to solve is uninstalling Zoom.

I have tried uninstalling from the Settings, Control Panel and I have downloaded CleanZoom.

When I try and uninstall a window appears which says Initializing but the bar doesn't move and then after about 3 seconds, it closes and Zoom is still installed. Using CleanZoom the same happens but it says Uninstalling instead of Initializing. I'm using Windows 10.

I'm trying to uninstall Zoom because I think it might be the reason my Camera isn't working in the Camera app and WhatsApp desktop. The camera works fine in Zoom, Skype, and online on Google Meet. In my Privacy Settings, I have given permission for WhatsApp and Camera to access the camera, and I have unintalled them both multiple times. The only difference between WhatsApp/Camera and Zoom/Skype is that the first two are listed as Microsoft Store apps, and the second are listed as Desktop Apps. I don't remember ever being able to use my camera on WhatsApp (it has always said 'camera is being used by another application' or something along those lines), but I have been able to use it in the Camera app previously.

I have checked that the camera drivers are updated and it says under Status that the device is working properly.

A solution to either or both of these problems would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Edit: I have also installed Zoom again on top of my existing Zoom (which was suggested in another Thread / on the Zoom website) and that has not worked either.

Arianna99, Feb 24, 2024
Thema:

1. Camera working in windows 10 but not in Zoom or Skype. - Similar Threads - Camera working Zoom

2. Camera working in windows 10 but not in Zoom or Skype.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera working in windows 10 but not in Zoom or Skype.: Dear Sir/ Madam. I am using a 2015 Lenovo G50 80 Laptop with i7 processor and it was supplied with Windows 8.1. When I did the free upgrade to Windows 10, I found that the video was showing a black background in Zoom and Skype. I have used the camera separately to take videos...
  3. Camera upside down on Zoom and Skype after Windows 10 reinstalled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera upside down on Zoom and Skype after Windows 10 reinstalled: Hi, After reinstalling Windows 10 on my Asus Tablet model T200TA.DB11T.CA issue is with the image visualization when I installed Skype and Zoom on my tablet: both inner and main cameras are flipped upside down! I also tried to update the driver for the camera plus...
  4. Camera not working with Skype

Camera not working with Skype: Hi All Lenovo ideapad 305 Windows 10 home 64 bit. All updates Last worked with Skype and Zoom back around June now does not work Camera can be seen working on Lenovo Vantage settings but skype just shows black screen Skype works with external USB camera PC Settings shows...
  5. Windows 10 camera is not working in Zoom

Windows 10 camera is not working in Zoom: How do I get my camera to work with Zoom. The camera drivers are up to date. Zoom says they are not the problem. The camera keeps blinking when I am in a zoom meeting and the error message says that it cannot find my camera....
  6. video not working in SKYPE or ZOOM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    video not working in SKYPE or ZOOM: my video doesn't work on Zoom or SKYPE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-not-working-in-skype-or-zoom/6c536123-8485-4202-af99-1a9ec4b2738a
  7. Video is not working for Zoom or Skype

Video is not working for Zoom or Skype: I have been trying to use my camera/video on Zoom and Skype. My camera will not work. I need help. I really need it for teaching. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-is-not-working-for-zoom-or-skype/37aed6f8-0dd2-4f64-a9cb-2693c180ca79
  8. Video is working for Zoom or Skype

Video is working for Zoom or Skype: I have been trying to use my camera/video on Zoom and Skype. My camera will not work. I need help. I really need it for teaching. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-is-working-for-zoom-or-skype/37aed6f8-0dd2-4f64-a9cb-2693c180ca79
  9. camera and mic greyed out in Teams but works in zoom and skype

camera and mic greyed out in Teams but works in zoom and skype: hi, My inbuilt camera and mic on a Dell XPS15 cannot be used in teams but can in other programs Skype/Zoom etc This is same issue that others have had and there has been no answer posted. All drivers are up to date....
  10. Camera not working with Zoom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera not working with Zoom: I have a Lenovo X1 6th generation laptop running Windows 10. I installed the Zoom Conferencing app and while I can join a meeting and see their videos, the camera on my laptop just shows a blank screen. I have visited the Zoom help pages but to no avail. The system has the...