Windows 10: Camera working with apps but not on internet browser

Discus and support Camera working with apps but not on internet browser in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I have bought a new webcam logitech c310 and installed the latest driver. I have windows 10 with the latest updates. When I try using my webcam in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PhilippeGirard2, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Camera working with apps but not on internet browser

So I have bought a new webcam logitech c310 and installed the latest driver. I have windows 10 with the latest updates. When I try using my webcam in any browser Edge, Chrome, Firefox none of them works. In my privacy setup I allowed everything, but still doesn't work. When I test it with website like webcamtests.com it recognize my camera but says : Apparently, your webcam is being used or blocked by another application. To start your webcam, you must temporarily close that application. I don't know what else to do. I also tried with another webcam and the same problem happened.

:)

PhilippeGirard2, Sep 9, 2020

2. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Sep 9, 2020
  3. robinpe Win User
    Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Camera working with apps but not on internet browser

WINDOWS 10 CAMERA APP NOT WORKING

Hi,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

If you are referring to the Camera app then, I suggest you to uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows Powershell and reinstall using Windows Store. Follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the
      search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Camera app.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsCamera* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Camera app form the Windows Store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Camera app and webcams help.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/camera-app-faq

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Camera working with apps but not on internet browser

1. Camera working with apps but not on internet browser - Similar Threads - Camera working apps

2. The camera does not work in browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The camera does not work in browsers: I have a built-in webcam in my laptop. but damn it, it doesn't work in browsers, in any at all. I tried reinstalling drivers, tried different browsers, cleaned the cache and cookies, gave/took away permissions to use the camera, checked the standard antivirus for...
  3. The camera does not work in browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The camera does not work in browsers: I have a built-in webcam in my laptop. but damn it, it doesn't work in browsers, in any at all. I tried reinstalling drivers, tried different browsers, cleaned the cache and cookies, gave/took away permissions to use the camera, checked the standard antivirus for...
  4. Internet browsers wont work

Internet browsers wont work: Just the other day I installed a brand new motherboard and cpu without issue however since installing them Firefox cant load videos or audio no matter what site ive gone to, Youtube, Reddit, Netflix, Spotify, Soundcloud nothing. Ive tried a troublshooting mode, the factory...
  5. Camera works for apps, but doesn't work for browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera works for apps, but doesn't work for browsers: I gave permissions to use camera for some websites by going into the Chrome setting. But still, I can't use the camera. So, I went into my pc setting. But here, as you can see, I went into the setting to enable webcam for Chrome. But I can't find it. Also, I can't find other...
  6. Camera works for apps, but doesn't work for browsers

Camera works for apps, but doesn't work for browsers: I gave permissions to use camera for some websites by going into the Chrome setting. But still, I can't use the camera. So, I went into my pc setting. But here, as you can see, I went into the setting to enable webcam for Chrome. But I can't find it. Also, I can't find other...
  7. Camera does not work in Browser based apps but works with downloaded apps such as Zoom/Teams

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera does not work in Browser based apps but works with downloaded apps such as Zoom/Teams: Hi there,I have been having this weird issue of camera not working in browser based apps, Google meet video conferencing and Honor Lock proctoring app for exams. When I open the camera app the image is on for one second and then black out for a few seconds.I'm using Chrome...
  8. apps can't connect to the internet but the browser is working fine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    apps can't connect to the internet but the browser is working fine: apps like discord, steam, egs etc. won't connect to the internet (or sometimes work as if my connection was extremely slow) but my browser (firefox) is working fine and the connection speed is the usual. I tried resetting my router, doing a network reset and changing my dns...
  9. Camera not working in browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera not working in browser: I will be using google meets soon and I tried to use the website on Microsoft edge. I have allowed camera access, updated my camera driver, troubleshooted, allowed camera to be used in apps in settings, and tried literally everything and it still does not work. I even tried...
  10. Camera Access denied by Internet Browsers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera Access denied by Internet Browsers: My webcam is not available for Facebook Video Call. I tried even by giving access to other apps on settings. I searched online hoping to find some solutions. I made some changes even in regedit.exe still not working. Simply getting a message Hardware Access error with red...