Windows 10: Camera

Discus and support Camera in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My camera is flashing on and off with a black screen, and it's showing error code OxA00F42Ao. I've tried everything, and last night it did work as I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GinaYawney, Oct 18, 2020 at 4:52 AM.

1. Camera

My camera is flashing on and off with a black screen, and it's showing error code OxA00F42Ao. I've tried everything, and last night it did work as I removed Mcafee from my system. Now it's back to doing the same! Any suggestions?

:)

2. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

3. jekiboi20 Win User
    Camera is green

Hi GeorgiaPeach,

Welcome to the forum!

You can try these steps and see if it will make any difference:

• Power cycle
    1. Turn off the phone then remove the back cover and the battery.

2. Reinsert the battery and the back cover then turn on your phone.

• Reset your camera settings
    1. Go to Settings.

2. Swipe to Application settings.

3. Choose Photos+camera.

4. Select Reset camera.

If the issue still persists, you can try to perform the steps provided on this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2749480. If the steps on the link will not work, I suggest that you
    visit the nearest Nokia repair facility for it to be repaired. See this link: http://www.nokia.com/global/support/locations/ to check the repair facility near your area.

4. Camera

Tried messenger for camera....

Hi,

Normally, the issue with the camera not being detected is caused by an outdated driver or a recent update triggers a system conflict. To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps listed on this
    link. This is to identify and resolve any issues if Windows
    can't detect the device.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Thema:

Camera

1. Camera - Similar Threads - Camera

2. Camera Stops Working when Connected to VPN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera Stops Working when Connected to VPN: Hi, I am hoping someone can help me with my camera issue. Everytime I connect to VPN my camera stops working. To get it working again I need to open device manager, uninstall it and then reinstall. Does anyone know how I can prevent this from happening? I am running...
  3. Camera

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Camera: Face recognition is not working. Camera fails to switch on. HP Pavilion 27-a241nd Windows 10 Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera/d90cfb0c-2321-4907-b54c-9f082ae785c2
  4. camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    camera: the camera mirrors the images when clicked on it . also during video calls on zoom or google meet the same thing keeps happening. there is no option to disable the mirroring of the camera. i checked all the options and settings but there is no option to help me. can i please...
  5. Does my camera have a hardware or software problem?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does my camera have a hardware or software problem?: Hello! I have a Lenovo Ideapad and my integrated camera has been randomly not working. For a few days, the camera will work perfectly fine with Windows Camera and video calls, but on other days, launching the Windows Camera app causes errors like "can't start your camera" or...
  6. How to make the pictures taken with camera automatically save in a specific folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to make the pictures taken with camera automatically save in a specific folder?: Hello, So I've been having some issues with my pictures being saved where I don't want them to be saved. So my device is Surface Pro 7, which has a camera. Whenever I take pictures using the camera, the pictures automatically go to my Onedrive folder, and the pictures don't...
  7. Camera is not recognized by laptop

Camera is not recognized by laptop: Ihave had my laptop for a few months and everything has been in order however a few days ago I was not able to enter into a zoom meeting because my camera is not detectable? I have troubleshot and updated the app but nothing has worked, how can this be resolved....
  8. Software to Capture Webcam Video alternarive to Windows Camera

Software to Capture Webcam Video alternarive to Windows Camera: Hello To everyone Due to the fact that we installed Windows from an ISO where where removed the WindowsApp and seems to be impossibile to reinstall them. We googled trying the solution proposed but nothing worked. Can you give some advice about some good software that...
  9. How to turn off on-screen display of "Microphone off|Camera not in use"?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn off on-screen display of "Microphone off|Camera not in use"?: [ATTACH] When I use F4 to mute my microphone, this on-screen display appears and stays there unless I unmute. Does anyone know how to turn this off? My OS is Windows 10 Pro 18363. submitted by /u/toxic_chess [link] [comments]...
  10. camera malfuction

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    camera malfuction: My camera cannot took video need help error code: 0xA00F425C<VideoCaptureFileCreationFailed>0x800703E6 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-malfuction/2ef2d806-22cc-47be-a66f-e560631f1d6c