Windows 10: Can a backup file deleted from an external drive, be recovered?

Discus and support Can a backup file deleted from an external drive, be recovered? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I accidentally (to free some space) deleted a .bak file from an external drive and it contained the only copy of some files I had. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jorgeej, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Jorgeej Win User

Can a backup file deleted from an external drive, be recovered?

Hello

I accidentally (to free some space) deleted a .bak file from an external drive and it contained the only copy of some files I had. Is there a way to recover it?

:)

Jorgeej, Nov 1, 2019
  2. Macazine Win User

Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. Recover Corrupt Flash Drive Mac | | Bill Hoyer Systems

Macazine, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Deleting Files from external Seagate backup drive.

Open the External drive by opening File Explorer on the Taskbar, open This PC

Browse to the location of the files on the drive

Select the file, press Delete on your keyboard

Repeat this step for each file

Andre Da Costa, Nov 1, 2019
  4. Can a backup file deleted from an external drive, be recovered?

Recovering deleted files

Yes.

Make backups with something like Macrium Reflect.

The stuff you lost is probably gone for good.

Keeping system images on an external drive is good to do.

Or just keeping copies of individual files is good.

On an external drive.

DavidBaileyyz, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

Can a backup file deleted from an external drive, be recovered?

1. Can a backup file deleted from an external drive, be recovered? - Similar Threads - backup file deleted

2. Creating a backup on an external drive with files on it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a backup on an external drive with files on it: I'm wondering if I want to create a windows backup and I choose the D drive which where I already have some documents on it, the backup will automatically delete the files or will create an folder and the other stuff next to the folder I already have on it? I just have a...
  3. Creating a backup on an external drive with files on it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a backup on an external drive with files on it: I'm wondering if I want to create a windows backup and I choose the D drive which where I already have some documents on it, the backup will automatically delete the files or will create an folder and the other stuff next to the folder I already have on it? I just have a...
  4. Creating a backup on an external drive with files on it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Deleted Files from PC & External Drive with one click - how to recover?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Deleted Files from PC & External Drive with one click - how to recover?: I'll try to make this short..... Upgrading desktop from HDD's to SSD's - backing up data from PC to external drives form temporary storage. I CUT the 'Videos' folder under my user and 'Pasted' it on the External Drive NAS. After all files were transferred to the NAS...
  6. deleting files from external hard drive

deleting files from external hard drive: trying to delete and getting error code 0*80070570, what does it mean https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-files-from-external-hard-drive/8390b5f9-4abf-4ff3-aa8d-29caf58d76e1"
  7. Recovering files from a backup on an external hard drive

Recovering files from a backup on an external hard drive: Hi there. Since my desk top PC, running Windows 10, started misbehaving a couple of years ago I've been using a laptop for day to day work. I've given up on the old desktop and now want to recover various files - music, photos and Office documents from the 1TB WD Elements...
  8. Recover accidental deleted files from usb drive

Recover accidental deleted files from usb drive: I accidentally deleted a couple of images from a USB drive and need to recover them. They do not go to my recycle bin and cannot figure out where it is...
  9. How to *RECOVER* DELETED files from hard-drive

How to *RECOVER* DELETED files from hard-drive: Hi all, Accidentally ran the following command prompt, the purge switch seems removed all my files a level up on folder, robocopy D:\X-folder G:\Y-folder\ /s /purge /xj /np /tee /r:0 /w:0 /mt:32 /xf desktop.ini /log:logbkup_x240_downloads.txt Any suggestion for recovery...
  10. I seem to have deleted an external drive, can data be recovered?

in Windows 10 Support
    I seem to have deleted an external drive, can data be recovered?: I just brought home a new computer with Windows 10 and have been transferring files from my old Windows 7 computer. In addition, I have an external drive that I've used to keep some tax records and many personal photos etc. I plugged it into my new computer and was...